Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Northumbyre Here King-Army effect acts as a debuff and is undesireable when compared to the English

cool_ladcool_lad Senior MemberIndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
The Army side of the Here King effect gives little in the way of buffs, especially considering that it also results in massive increases to the upkeep of armies. This creates a lopsided mechanic where it's always better to just side with the English and completely ignore the army, because favouring the army makes it harder to maintain and expand it.

I would like to suggest that the effect be changed to either remove the upkeep increase altogether, add a commensurate debuff to the English side, or turn it into an upkeep decrease in order to make the Army side of the here king effect desireable vis a vis the English side.

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,762Registered Users
    I already commented on that. This is a nonsensical debuff since it affects the campaign a lot more than the negative effects of Here King English. Why would I want marginally better troops in exchange for being able to only field a fraction of them? That the penalties are overly harsh on top of that (+10/20/30) is just icing on the cake.

This is seriously stupid and needs to be changed.

• cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
    Pretty much; the buffs that the effect gives are inconsequential when compared to the massive debuff that goes along with them. This pretty much means (quite absurdly) that Northumbyre actually get's weaker as it wins victories in wars.