Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why are my Allies Randomly Attacking me? Along with every other faction in the game!

Mthor5Mthor5 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi, so I need some help here. Ever since the Allegiance/Gore update I have tried to play 3 different campaigns as different factions. I'm playing on the Very Hard campaign setting and I can't play more than 40 or 50 turns because every faction around me just randomly starts to declare war, including friendly factions and allies. On top of that the diplomacy screen that normally comes up is not coming up, I am just suddenly at war with factions that I was not at war with the previous turn. Basically these factions are not "declaring war" on me, they just become my enemies for no reason, even if we are fighting the same enemies, regardless of treaties and alliances. At one point in one of my campaigns every faction in ireland was at war with every other faction in ireland. It's making the game impossible to play.

Any idea what's going on here?

Comments

• InocybeInocybe Posts: 135Registered Users
    I don't see war declaration as well most of the times.
  • FreitagFreitag Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    Same here... I fear the "Added [...] chance for neighbouring AI factions to declare war on the player based on a number of factors" (CA update blog) must be a bit too high. I like the idea of a more aggressive CAI but this is a bit much.
  • jpexjpex Posts: 1Registered Users
    Having this problem as well. Playing Strat Clut L/L.

Giving up on the campaign after many restarts. Even with very high faction relations (100+) and alliances or declarations of friendship, and irrespective of diplomacy traits on AI factions, every single bordering faction declares war quickly after gaining a shared border. Often the AI is already engaged in several wars and will declare war on the player without sending any armies.
  • IustusIustus Posts: 6Registered Users
    Have you played as strong factions? Like Dyflin, Wessex or East Anglia? It's quite the opposite if you play as them - no one ever wants to attack you. I figured AI agressiveness depends on your strength rating - if you are considered to be major power, they will never dare to touch you. But if you are weak, everyone will declare war, including your allies and vassals.
  • AIalwaysplaysfairAIalwaysplaysfair Posts: 4Registered Users
    Iustus said:

Have you played as strong factions? Like Dyflin, Wessex or East Anglia? It's quite the opposite if you play as them - no one ever wants to attack you. I figured AI agressiveness depends on your strength rating - if you are considered to be major power, they will never dare to touch you. But if you are weak, everyone will declare war, including your allies and vassals.

From experince you are 100%+ wrong about Dyflin, they love to declare war for no reason even if you give them gold to get better rep.

But just reloading the safe fixed the problem for a short time.
  • IustusIustus Posts: 6Registered Users

Iustus said:

From experince you are 100%+ wrong about Dyflin, they love to declare war for no reason even if you give them gold to get better rep.

But just reloading the safe fixed the problem for a short time.
    I meant that if YOU play AS Dyflin, no one will declare war on you. Though if you play as any other strong faction, AI Dyflin won't touch you too. It never happened with me anyway.
    There is definitely some serious bug involved though. Why AI is either completely passive and NEVER declares war on the player, or AI factions just go insane and declare war on the player altogether? I don't even think that this depends on difficulty level anymore, since in my very hard campaign situation was the same as on hard campaign.
    This bug completely destroys the game to be fair and I don't want to play it anymore since AI is so passive when I play Wessex, East Engle, Dyflin or Strat Clut... AI behaviour really destroys an otherwise great game. Please at least fix diplomacy guys, don't abandon this game.
  • Mthor5Mthor5 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Yeah I've tried half a dozen times now to play as Dyflin on very hard, same thing happens. It goes well to begin with and I make allies and have friendly relations with a number of factions. Then after a few turns every neighboring faction I have, including my allies, declare war on me. It's totally broken the game for me and I'm sick of it. I really liked this game but now it's impossible to play at higher difficulties.