Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Original game does not work

joker93joker93 Posts: 3Registered Users
Good evening,
I would like to go back to playing MTW, but unfortunately I have the copy bought in the shop years ago that probably causes scratch does not work anymore ... what could I do? They told me to download it because I have an original copy ... right?
thank you

Comments

• joker93joker93 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I wrong section sorry, I meant medieval 2 total war
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,590Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    More than likely, if you are running Window 10, is that Win 10 is the issue, due to the DRM protection that was on the disk. I have the game on disc also, and it will not run from there. Bought it on Steam and installed. Runs with no problems.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • joker93joker93 Posts: 3Registered Users
    ok, correct your speech, but spend € 20 for a game that I have, it does not make me happy, I wanted more a "normative" opinion
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,590Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Getting an opinion you want to hear will not change anything. Enjoy.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • feelfree2diefeelfree2die Senior Member Posts: 321Registered Users
    i also have the game on disc, good news is that steam accepts it.
    go to steam product activation, accept the terms and put in the game product code. then the game will install from steam not from the disk.
    M2TW is the earliest game it has worked for me, it did not work with RTW.

I'm trying to remember if it was M2TW limited edition or Kingdoms expansion? I have the all of it on steam from disc code. Give it a try, good luck.