Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Select General move stack?

ThundermonkeyThundermonkey Posts: 2Registered Users
thought I would just add I noticed moving the lead general unit (character or non-character) moves the entire stack? I think this to be wrong for the game. It places too much risk on moving units as you may move all of your units in the stack by mistake and may not have the game saved the way you might want to correct this error. I think it ought to be changed to having to use control or shift or whatever to group your units.

Comments

• dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,223Registered Users
    edited September 13
    I'm not sure what the problem is. You can already move separate units by using shift or control so just use those for the rare occasions you want to move only the general. It's far more common that you want to move the entire stack at once so how it currently works is just fine.

edit: Yeah, I'm really not sure what you're talking about. I tried selecting my general unit and moving him and it only moved the general. The rest of the stack stayed where it was.
    My Total War wishlist:

1: Reformation: Total War
    2: Victoria: Total War
    3: Dark Age: Total War
  • ThundermonkeyThundermonkey Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 20
    maybe it has something to do with whatever patch I have or something. It seemed like it grabbed the whole stack. Good to know it didn't do that with yours. also maybe it just glitched up. wasn't sure
    Post edited by Thundermonkey on