Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In my opinion the greatest problems in TWW game

ncrdiencrdie Registered Users Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
1) Very long turn time(45sec-1min)

You all know that time is money, time is energy and time is life. Human life is very short to spend it on waiting. Some people have 8 cores, some 4. This game can use all cores for computing each faction(60sec/4cores=15sec). And when process is done cores can work together to merge all data into a single result(+5sec). There is a lot of things that is much more complicated than turn-based strategy and they work quick and simultaneously.

2) Can't disable cinematic at launch

When I launch the game I have two options: wait for 2 minutes or skip the video by clicking a key. And it's a very annoying thing when I need to do it all the time. It's not hard to add one option to disable or move cinematic from intro to other place.

3) SEGA launcher

I know that some people find this launcher very useful, but I don't need it. Why can't I disable or remove him? It's not a bad idea to let players like me disable this launcher.

Comments

• SnotfaceSnotface Member Registered Users Posts: 753
    ncrdie said:

This game can use all cores for computing each faction(60sec/4cores=15sec). And when process is done cores can work together to merge all data into a single result(+5sec).
    There is a lot of things that is much more complicated than turn-based strategy and they work quick and simultaneously

You cant really do that with turns as they go one at a time.

AI fighting each other whilst thinking and moving simultaneously, would get... complicated.
    Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,904
    ncrdie said:

You all know that time is money, time is energy and time is life. Human life is very short to spend it on waiting. Some people have 8 cores, some 4. This game can use all cores for computing each faction(60sec/4cores=15sec). And when process is done cores can work together to merge all data into a single result(+5sec). There is a lot of things that is much more complicated than turn-based strategy and they work quick and simultaneously.

When I launch the game I have two options: wait for 2 minutes or skip the video by clicking a key. And it's a very annoying thing when I need to do it all the time. It's not hard to add one option to disable or move cinematic from intro to other place.

3) SEGA launcher

I know that some people find this launcher very useful, but I don't need it. Why can't I disable or remove him? It's not a bad idea to let players like me disable this launcher.

It would be cool if those were really all the major problems with TW because none of these are gameplay problems.

• ncrdiencrdie Registered Users Posts: 3
    @Snotface
    You right, for developers coding is complicated, but for players - salvation.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,023
    I consider all of those inconsequential.

I'd say the major TW problems are slow update pace, older races being of lower quality, and monotony of long campaigns.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    ncrdie said:

3) SEGA launcher

From this i can asume you are one of those people that can't stand wasting even one second, paradigm of impatience.

So i would say games like this one aren't for you. You should switch to real time strategy, like Starcraft, or shooters.
  • ncrdiencrdie Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    @Serkelet

My grandma's thinking is really slow, she need more time to understand something.

If I can win in high-speed - it means that my playstyle is acceptable and I am the future of humanity.

But if you need more time in comparison with me to do the same thing - you are a history.

And calculator can not give advice to NASA supercomputer. That's life.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 694
    ncrdie said:

@Serkelet

My grandma's thinking is really slow, she need more time to understand something.

If I can win in high-speed - it means that my playstyle is acceptable and I am the future of humanity.

But if you need more time in comparison with me to do the same thing - you are a history.

What did you smoke?
  • adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 286
    ncrdie said:

@Serkelet

If YOU are the future of humanity, it is indeed a bleak prospect. All your "major" problems are related to the game being too slow, and while I agree that it would benefit the game if these would be solved, anyone without ADHD should manage just fine.

You might want to try Fortnite.

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • bellyboybellyboy Registered Users Posts: 151
    ncrdie said:

3) SEGA launcher

1) Yes, the turn timer can be annoying. I, however, don't mind it so much. Incorporating a little quiet in a game is relaxing on the nerves; it gives me time to contemplate knowing no one is asking for my attention or decisions; it allows me to follow a story and to root for one side or another in a conflict; it gives me time to dwell on the consequences of my actions. I used to get more annoyed in game 1, but with the ability to turn off hero turns, or certain factions, I can follow the stories I want and ignore those I don't want. It could be shorter, true, but I use that time to immerse myself in the experience. I suppose it's the introvert in me, but I don't always need to be active or be engaged with stimulus. I hope, for your own enjoyment, that this issue can be addressed further however.

2) It's true you can't disable this, but you can skip it from the SEGA launcher. If you have an active campaign going, you can click the "Continue Campaign" button instead of start to just load the most recent save. It bypasses the videos and main menu. This won't work for starting a new game, going to multiplayer, or other features, but it can be used to save time sometimes.

3) As above, it can be convenient. I wish I could disable some of the items on it that I never plan to buy, though.

Thanks for your input!

@Vanilla_Gorilla
    I agree with your second and third more. I wish there was more parity between older and newer factions and more ways to spice up long campaigns without computer cheese.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    I have a sneaking feeling a moderator might show up on this thread...
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,639
    ncrdie said:

3) SEGA launcher

These are no way problems the game faces.

1) That's the nature of the beast. It's a turn-based game with over a hundred factions and several dozen possible actions to do in the campaign map. It can be refined and streamlined but it's never going to be quick.

2) I'm sorry that pressing the ESC key a couple times is to much work for you. Curious how you can stand the game itself if that niggles you. Regardless, there's a mod to get rid of them.

3) The launcher can be annoying but really, they're not going to get rid of it. They've been utilizing launchers since at least Rome 1.

Pick your battles. Most of ours involves complete rosters, missing units, more LLs, better mechanics and fleshing out the lore.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,289
    If I recall correctly, there was a mod to skip the cinematics for game 1. Maybe there is one for game 2 as well?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,195
    ncrdie said:

3) SEGA launcher

If I listed the top 100 things that are problematic with TWW none of those would make my list. I sincerely hope they don't listen to you any more than they would to me.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,710
    I am with you on the end turn times issue, rest of it is kinda "Meh" for me.

"Yum Yum"
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,023
    End turn times do need optimizing, and it would be a good quality of life upgrade to shave the excess time off of them, but it's not a big issue.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,696

The appropriate blood scarifice has to be made first....... o:)
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,562
    edited September 2018
    ncrdie said:

1)

Well, you can just press 'continue campaign' and you wont have to skip trough intro video if I am correct.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,562
    edited September 2018
    dge1 said:

The appropriate blood scarifice has to be made first....... o:)
    There he is !!! OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD !! SOTEK IS PLEASED !! MORE BLOOD !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,213

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • stankgangstastankgangsta Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    Siege battles is mine. So much wrong, the only positive is it is fun watching flying units assault wall.
  • jherr46jherr46 Registered Users Posts: 112
    In my opinion the flaws you listed are very remedial. I would say the biggest flaws of the game are incomplete roster, poor battle AI, poor campaign AI, and lack of campaign flavor. Ps... If turn times are an issue I would suggest a cpu upgrade if possible. :)