Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCrash after early game siege

RavenousBearRavenousBear Posts: 3Registered Users
edited September 2018 in Crashes
Build: 1.4.1

Detailed description: On turn 11 as the dark elves I'm defending against a siege from rebels on Naggarond. They have a full stack army and I have a smaller reinforcing army. I've fought the battle multiple times and each time I win. It starts to load for a second and then it crashes. It crashes straight to the desktop without warning, stuttering, or stopping. I've never had any mods installed. I have TW:WH installed and I have played a ME campaign as Lizardmen, but it went fine. Before this campaign, I played a dark elves campaign for ~20 turns before restarting so I can change the unit sizes. That campaign didn't have any problems

Reproduction Steps:
- Defend a siege against rebels in Naggarond as dark elves
- Fight through entire battle normally
- Win
- End battle by clicking the button or letting the troops run off the map
- It loads for a short time
- Crash

Details of any solutions that have already been attempted: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled steam, but I removed the SteamApps folder before uninstalling and then replaced it upon reinstalling. I've played the battle multiple times and it crashes in the same way every time.

I've attached all the logs that I'm supposed to. The autosave is right before I click end turn, at which point the rebels go after everyone else and the immediately begin the siege battle.
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @RavenousBear

Thank you for providing us with all the files, plus a detailed account of what you've attempted already. We've passed this along to our QA team for further investigation.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • RavenousBearRavenousBear Posts: 3Registered Users
    So should I watch for another comment on this post or an email?
  • danthedondanthedon Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2018
    That sounds like the same crash I have. Mine is right after a battle straight to desk top. Multiplayer in ME using the Orks.
  • N0cturn41N0cturn41 Posts: 1Registered Users
    This is the issue I have, after a second after loading the post-battle results from a siege. Frustrating.
  • RavenousBearRavenousBear Posts: 3Registered Users
    No idea why I posted here. The games been out for a year and still riddled with bugs (even game breaking ones like this), imbalance, and completely broken mechanics. There isn't a single part of this game that isn't filled with some level of broken trash. Creative Assembly would rather nickle and dime customers with 20 different DLCs that take minimum effort to produce and should absolutely have just been in the base game. And then they don't even decrease the price from $60 on either tile over a year later. Absolutely absurd.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file