Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the Teams are Working On Augtember 2018

CA_JamesCA_James Posts: 18Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
edited September 20 in News and Announcements

The Total War teams have been hard at work since the last time we updated you!

Want to know what they were doing? Then have a look at the What the Teams are Working on Augtember 2018 edition here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-augtember-2018
Post edited by CA_Ella on

Comments

• PlushybunnyPlushybunny Posts: 22Registered Users
    Augtember should be an official month!
  • xXAlduin99xXAlduin99 Posts: 110Registered Users
    Rome II finally got what it deserves, its really a good game now. very great updates.
    however, i think now its time to move on to ATTILA, this game needs a fix and an update, and i'm sure there are possibilities for a good DLC, too.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 398Registered Users
    “We still don’t have a lot we can say publicly about the WARHAMMER II campaign pack we’re currently working on (sorry, guys!), but we will say that aren’t that many moons to go now.”

Beastmen update confirmed.

“The team are definitely proving they’re well worth their salt, and the art department is cooking up something quite unlike anything you’ve seen in a Total War: WARHAMMER game before”

DoW/Southern Realms confirmed
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 3,523Registered Users
    Interesting how frigging Shogun 2 multiplayer (there are people still playing that online? Really?) got more lines than Warhammer.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 1,397Registered Users

“We still don’t have a lot we can say publicly about the WARHAMMER II campaign pack we’re currently working on (sorry, guys!), but we will say that aren’t that many moons to go now.”

“The team are definitely proving they’re well worth their salt, and the art department is cooking up something quite unlike anything you’ve seen in a Total War: WARHAMMER game before”

Beastman update would be welcome. But not so sure about the second part, certainly the salt can be taken to mean Southern Realms/DoW, but they are predominantly human, guess it could be market speak and refering to the scope of the DLC rather than any particularly spectacular monsters or the like. But it could also refer to Vampire Coasts (just to be clear I think TEB/DoW still much more likely), certainly zombie Promethians and other sea monsters would be new. And they could get around the LL problem by adding VC LLs, a bit like Norsca took WoC LLs. Conrad might be a possibility of this.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,063Registered Users
    edited September 19
    Can someone summarize?

They are working on Thrones of Britannia, Three Kingdoms and W2 content but they didn't give any clues or hints for community to speculate what are these?

They just mentioned Rome 2 content they released. Are they still making contents for Rome 2 or not?
  • GravordGravord Posts: 112Registered Users
    AS a person who bought every single DLC to TW1 and TW2 its goddamn depressing how horribly neglected this serie became in favor of mediocre historical titles that wont generate CA any real money.
    Goatforce said:

Beastman update would be welcome. But not so sure about the second part, certainly the salt can be taken to mean Southern Realms/DoW, but they are predominantly human, guess it could be market speak and refering to the scope of the DLC rather than any particularly spectacular monsters or the like. But it could also refer to Vampire Coasts (just to be clear I think TEB/DoW still much more likely), certainly zombie Promethians and other sea monsters would be new. And they could get around the LL problem by adding VC LLs, a bit like Norsca took WoC LLs. Conrad might be a possibility of this.
    The salt is probably what the forum will be flooded with when the DLC is delayed again:)
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,433Registered Users
    They say rest assured but I can't really say I feel that way. C.A. has done to many amateur mistakes. I can't really say anymore I have a lot of faith in them ...

I keep hoping and will remain playing but trust is gone. Seems they don't care anymore or they are not on the level of programming and game developing to keep warhammer together.

It's one of them, both cases, horrible.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 509Registered Users
    Salt......cooking up...... Halflings confirmed!
    edited September 19
    Before,

Maya gave hint (picture) about their new dlc
    Jack gave hint (crow) about the period of Saga
    Janos gave hint (tentpole) what era historical game would be set

Now,

No clues at all
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,013Registered Users
    Salt = Southern Realms?
    Moon = Arabian Nights?

Could it be a double faction pack?
    Tomb Kings
  • Thanos_ballThanos_ball Posts: 29Registered Users

useless "WHAT THE TEAMS ARE WORKING ON AUGTEMBER 2018"

there will be a new DLC for rome 2 or Attila ?

what is the Maya team working on in September?
  • Noisy_CricketNoisy_Cricket Posts: 189Registered Users
    Worth their salt? Many moons? Nothing like what we have seen before? Totally Ghorgon confirmed! :wink:
  • dchip1dchip1 Posts: 255Registered Users
    edited September 19
    I sure am glad that this 2 month update was the same as the July update for Warhammer fans: Nothing! Oh well guess the Noctember Dev blog is the one to look out for or maybe Decanuary
  • TorfinniusTorfinnius Posts: 17Registered Users
    Moons could be a reference to Araby (the Islamic calender is a lunar calender, so each month is one moon) or to count Noctilus (who raised his fleet of undead warships on a Geheimnisnacht, which in the Warhammer universe is a double full moon, the one day of the year when both Mannslieb and Morrslieb, the two moons in the warhammer unieverse, are full) or to the Ghorgon (the beastmen are closely associated with Morrslieb, besides, moon ≈ moo = Ghorgon).

Salt could be a reference to salt water, which could be a reference to the pirates of Sartosa or zombie pirates or Southern Realms/Dogs of War or to the Golden Magnus, the only living potential LL choice for Araby.

Salt + cooking could be a reference to the ogre kingdoms or to halflings as part of a Southern Realms roster.

"something quite unlike anything you’ve seen in a Total War: WARHAMMER game before" is marketing speak and could mean literally anything. Personally, the only unit they could add that would legitimately make me go "holy crap" would be adding the Marienburg Landship to the Southern Realms roster.

TLDR: The hints could refer to practically anything. Well played CA.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 398Registered Users
    Can we get this pinned on the Warhammer Forums please?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 8,934Registered Users

Salt = Southern Realms?
    Moon = Arabian Nights?

Could it be a double faction pack?

No.

Because:

Cooking up= Halfings

it would need to be a triple faction pack
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 8,934Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

Interesting how frigging Shogun 2 multiplayer (there are people still playing that online? Really?) got more lines than Warhammer.

I have no idea who you count in order to make that statement.
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    The only salt I see is the one from seeing the garbage tier news we get about warhammer.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,013Registered Users
    Well - at least we know the DLC will be in November.

Which means a minimum of two months (since they use plural 'moons'). But releases before December because of Graces reply to this:

The poster is obviously complaining and saying the game won't release until December, to which Grace replied this:

So she is saying it will release before December. So November is the golden month. Announcement will either be mid to late October or early November, depending on what build up they have planned.
    Tomb Kings
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 1,397Registered Users

Well - at least we know the DLC will be in November.

Which means a minimum of two months (since they use plural 'moons'). But releases before December because of Graces reply to this:

The poster is obviously complaining and saying the game won't release until December, to which Grace replied this:

So she is saying it will release before December. So November is the golden month. Announcement will either be mid to late October or early November, depending on what build up they have planned.

"Not many moons" can just be a phrase, not necessarily literally 2 months, late October still possible but unlikely. Didn't see that about it being before December though, nice spot! Good to know that the people who have massively overreacted to this whole thing (yes it's annoying but the vitriol and conspiracies have been off the charts) have been proven wrong :tongue:
  • Reloader1Reloader1 Posts: 17Registered Users

Rome II finally got what it deserves, its really a good game now. very great updates.
    however, i think now its time to move on to ATTILA, this game needs a fix and an update, and i'm sure there are possibilities for a good DLC, too.

Hang on mate - we still need the Rome II: Conquests of Alexander campaign DLC!

• NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 427Registered Users
    Cooking + Salt = food, which leads us to Halflings, as part of southern realms.

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 835Registered Users
    Oh! "New diplomacy concepts for Three Kingdoms". I am Intrigued...
    Reloader1 said:

Hang on mate - we still need the Rome II: Conquests of Alexander campaign DLC!

Alexander needs to be made in a new game alongside Achaemid Empire.

I want Alexander as new game rather than dlc of Rome 2.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 276Registered Users
    edited September 20
    For Thrones of Britannia, doesn't it need a sale on steam ? With current mixed reviews (which is the worst review ever for a TW title) and even with Allegiance update, the reviews doesn't improved at all. With a sale, it can get substantial new players which in turn can have both surge in sales number and maybe positive reviews. All other retailers (IndieGala, Fanatical, Humble Bundle) already have several times discount on TOB, WHY don't we have the same at steam ?

Anyway, thank you for the continuous support for even ROME II as well !
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    Gravord said:

AS a person who bought every single DLC to TW1 and TW2 its goddamn depressing how horribly neglected this serie became in favor of mediocre historical titles that wont generate CA any real money.

Lol, what? You know that there won´t be any Warhammer Game without the good selling historical titles? Warhammer 1 or 2 doesn´t reach the same amount of sales compared to Rome 2 or Shogun 2.

I really like the Warhammer titles but this childish discussion is really annoying.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Posts: 436Registered Users

Gravord said:

Lol, what? You know that there won´t be any Warhammer Game without the good selling historical titles? Warhammer 1 or 2 doesn´t reach the same amount of sales compared to Rome 2 or Shogun 2.

I really like the Warhammer titles but this childish discussion is really annoying.
    My sentiment exactly. Crybabies be damned

Gravord said:

They do, and probably exceed it, when you adjust the ratio for release date. They also probably cost much more to develop, so it's likely that they make CA less money than historical titles. But still they generate somewhat more interest.