Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Assembly Kit problem

Starsmil2018Starsmil2018 Posts: 12Registered Users
Hello CA Rome II Team!

After Rome II Launcher update (5 days ago) my Assembly Kit refuse to create any Startpos file!
It just creates empty folder: assembly_kit\working_data\campaigns\main_rome

Reinstall don't help!
Fix it please!

Comments

• antioxos_iiiantioxos_iii Posts: 15Registered Users
    Same problem here.
  • trjacobintrjacobin Posts: 2Registered Users
    CA, please solve this! It's ruining possible modding solutions :(
  • toontotalwartoontotalwar Junior Member Posts: 68Registered Users
    Really need this fixed CA as I cannot mod diplomacy file in Starpos as it does not build when launching BOB as no Starpos is in folders!

• Starsmil2018Starsmil2018 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hey CA! Why you keep calm for 2 weeks already? You broke great modding tool with R2 launcher update and ignore us! How long will it take?
  • DchDch Posts: 7Registered Users
    Dear CA, please help us end repair AKit refuse to create any Startpos file! Any mods in danger! We all needs you help!
    Still no effect after the update...
    @antioxos_iii,
    Update? I don't see any recent update for Rome II.
    I mean the update you mentioned in the first post.
  • kot1284kot1284 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Dear CA, please fix AKit.
    Come on CA guys, at least someone tell us if we possibly made any mistake, if anyone is caring about the solution and working on it, if anyone else hasn't spotted such a problem (in this version) or give us any idea to try something different... Reinstall, unsub from mods, don't know... Anything... It's desperately sad, Assembly kit is such a useful and precious tool allowing us to enjoy game to the maximum...
    edited October 20
    Sadly Assembly kit is broken for all mod makers by CA for 1 month already. What a shame!

Everybody can test it just by change some faction's treasury in start_pos_factions for example!
    Lets try all write to Sega about this issue.
    Maybe they can force CA fix their products for the community!
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new
    I wrote! Shame on CA!
    Ha-ha! SEGA answer me
    Juan-José, 23 Oct, 13:14 BST:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Customer Support.

At SEGA Support our main focus is on assisting with technical and activation related issues that are preventing people from playing our games.

The best way to go about submitting Mod related questions are the official developers forums:

https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/total-war-rome-ii

You can also find more Information about modding here:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/104639/quick-mod-making-guide-from-jack

As you may know, SEGA is the publisher and Creative Assembly is the developer. Creative Assembly directly moderates these forums so it is the fastest way to get information directly to the developers. At SEGA Support our main focus is on assisting with technical and activation related issues that are preventing people from playing the game. Also, please keep in mind that most Mods are made from the community, so it will also give the opportunity to the rest of the community to discuss these issues /questions directly in the forums.

Best Regards,

Juan-José
    SEGA Customer Support

formalism. So answered in the Central Committee of the CPSU outraged citizens :-)
    Cool! :) Lets wait what they will answer me!
    Seeing hope passing by...
    CA spat on us (((((((((
    Dch said:

CA spat on us (((((((((

So we can spat on CA and their new game :)
  • KNDCKNDC Posts: 10Registered Users
    Curiously enough, BOB generates a startpos for the Empire Divided campaign, and apparently it does so through launching the game with parameters: 'process_campaign_startpos main_3c; mod main_3c.pack; quit_after_campaign_processing;' - that's what my Steam client tells me when I try to generate a startpos for that campaign, but there're no warnings of this kind for any other startpos, so I assume that other startpos files are not generated because in their case the right parameters are not passed to rome2.exe.

I wonder if BOB's bug can be circumvented by asking it to generate a startpos, but then catching its call to rome2.exe and adding the corresponding parameters to it (e.g., adding 'process_campaign_startpos main_rome; mod main_rome.pack; quit_after_campaign_processing;' for the main campaign etc.).
    @KNDC, Man! You are the man! Thank you for that info!
    edited November 23
    Alright, I think I've found a workaround. Before generating a startpos, go to your Steam account and set the game's launch options as follows:

process_campaign_startpos CAMPAIGN_NAME; mod CAMPAIGN_NAME.pack; quit_after_campaign_processing;

where CAMPAIGN_NAME is a stand-in for the campaign whose startpos you're working with, possible choices are:

main_3c for the Empire Divided;
    main_emperor for Imperator Augustus;
    main_gaul for Caesar in Gaul;
    main_greek for Wrath of Sparta;
    main_invasion for Rise of the Republic;
    main_punic for Hannibal at the Gates;
    main_rome for the Grand Campaign;
    prologue_01 duh;
    prologue_02 duh;
    prologue_03 duh;

I've come across this instruction on how launch options can be edited:

Once you're done with the startpos, just go back to Steam and erase the launch parameters.

I haven't done any extensive testing yet, but I just changed Seleukid starting income to 15000 in the Grand Campaign, and got a playable startpos.
    At last!!! Tested and worked fine!! I also made simple changes, in the campaign calendar and in Rome's and Carthage's treasure and at last there's a startpos in that goddamn working_data folder!!! You 're great, so many many thanks!!!!! :) :) :) :)
    @KNDC, Yes, it works now! Kind regards for the instruction!
    Shame on CA btw.
    No problem!
    Great news that it works, thanks!
    edited November 23
    Confused with this opening bit:

“process_campaign_startpos CAMPAIGN_NAME; mod CAMPAIGN_NAME.pack; quit_after_campaign_processing;”

So I add the above parameter in my steam account?

where CAMPAIGN_NAME is a stand-in for the campaign whose startpos you're working with, possible choices are:”...??

Are you renaming the Starpos to something else? Please clarify
    If you want to create a startpos for the Grand Campaign, you follow the steps on the video and in Game Launch Options you type: process_campaign_startpos main_rome; mod main_rome.pack; quit_after_campaign_processing;

After that, you compile your changes with BoB and you have the startpos.

Note: If you want to play the game, you have to delete the command
    Hey, have you checked the video?
    edited November 23
    Thanks guys will try this tommorow

Thanks guys will try this tommorow

So I don’t need to change any name on the Starpos? As I wish to do some changes to main_invasion?

No
    Great guns it works a treat!!!

Only one question I already have a heavily modded Starpos for main_invasion and i only need to add my unlocked factions leaders into the family tree, is there a way to do this with an existing starpos? thanks