Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 - Nurgle Lore, Army, Units, Tactics, and Legendary Lords (milkandcookies)

BiesBies Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,280
edited September 2018 in General Discussion

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Thanks for the vid~

I can't wait to see Papa Nurgle and his minions >:)

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,659
    edited September 2018
    They'll be great as part of Undivided Demons or as a DLC.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,161
    They'll be great as part of 4 launch races.
    edited September 2018
    makar55 said:

I tell ya...i can also see Papa Nurgle as a DLC Campaign Pack/Race Pack alongside with another God and his army, leaving the other two Gods as 2 of 4 Launch Races/Factions~

WH Novels:

makar55 said:

Indeed, as part of Undivided Demons they'll be part of the four launch races. I'm hyped for Demons. They're going to be siiiick.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,018
    Why flagged? Good content as always.
  • KyzarkonKyzarkon Registered Users Posts: 42
    I want my Tamurkhan!!!
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,543

Why flagged? Good content as always.

I think someone doesn't like the fact that Bies puts up lots of videos by youtubers on the forum, this person seems to be unaware that one does not have to look at the thread if uninterested in its contents (and it is certainly not clickbait). And putting info from some of the biggest youtubers on the TW:WH game on the forum for TW:WH is certainly not spam.

Anyway, just about finished the vid, it is a good one and can't wait to see Nurgle in game (probs the chaos god I am looking forward to the most).
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,393
    @Goatforce I get that some people do not have the time or inclination to watch the clips @Bies link, but those people should just "shrug" and leave these threads alone as lot´s of us enjoy these clips and would in all probability not see said total war warhammer content otherwise.

Nearing the 50min mark myself, and dear lord i wanted The Glottkins before but now i NEED them!
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,366
    I want Gutrot Spume, the Lord of Tentacles, in the game. Just imagine all the hentai jokes that will flood the forums :blush:
    Fossoway said:

I want Gutrot Spume, the Lord of Tentacles, in the game. Just imagine all the hentai jokes that will flood the forums :blush:

WH Novels:

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,161
    Fossoway said:

Oh my, I had no idea about his existence till your post.

Reeks said:

@Goatforce I get that some people do not have the time or inclination to watch the clips @Bies link, but those people should just "shrug" and leave these threads alone as lot´s of us enjoy these clips and would in all probability not see said total war warhammer content otherwise.

Nearing the 50min mark myself, and dear lord i wanted The Glottkins before but now i NEED them!

I am hoping for Tamhurkan myslef, just love the idea of rocking up to the Empires doorstep on my Toad Dragon, handing Archaon my beer and going to work!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,772
    Yeah don't flag MilkandCookies he's usually right about new content..
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,366
    makar55 said:

Fossoway said:

Oh my, I had no idea about his existence till your post.

He's a big name though, and a prime candidate for LL status. I hope he makes it!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,393
    Goatforce said:

Reeks said:

I am hoping for Tamhurkan myslef, just love the idea of rocking up to the Empires doorstep on my Toad Dragon, handing Archaon my beer and going to work!
    Some friendly soul let me to a online version of Tamhurkan The Throne Of Chaos but it´s a pdf photo copied version and i can´t get myself to read that format my eyes just start bleeding, i would love to tho as i skimmed the Wiki and he sounded badass af!
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 486
    edited September 2018
    What's the lore reason behind Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos not being one faction? Wouldn't the Daemons want to use Warriors of Chaos in their army rosters since they are followers of them? Why would a Warriors of Chaos Undivided ever go to war against Daemons of Chaos Undivided? The only distinction I see is one has mostly humans and the other daemons. But I don't see why each Chaos god doesn't have regiments of both Daemons and Warriors of Chaos. It would just be simpler that way.

What's the lore reason behind Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos not being one faction? Wouldn't the Daemons want to use Warriors of Chaos in their army rosters since they are followers of them? Why would a Warriors of Chaos Undivided ever go to war against Daemons of Chaos Undivided? The only distinction I see is one has mostly humans and the other daemons. But I don't see why each Chaos god doesn't have regiments of both Daemons and Warriors of Chaos. It would just be simpler that way.

They were 1 faction once, along with beastmen, got separated in 7th I think.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,295
    I really hope Chaos is Divided in game 3. Chaos Divided is IMO 100000x more interesting than the bland and boring Chaos Undivided.
    Krunch said:

I really hope Chaos is Divided in game 3. Chaos Divided is IMO 100000x more interesting than the bland and boring Chaos Undivided.

Indeed. Not opposed to Daemons then monogod released as DLC (think Vanilla suggested that in one of my threads a while ago). TBH anything that maximises the amount of content - units and LLs - has my vote.
    Krunch said:

Warhammer isn't for everyone, not everyone likes it, that doesn't mean it should be twisted to something it's not.

4 Colours of Chosen as the top tier infantry is the sort of thing we'd get with divided Demons. It'd kill the game before it even got a chance.

Demons undivided represents one of the most spectacular Warhammer armies. Individually they're bland and one note, namely because they're designed to work together.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,316
    edited September 2018
    Krunch said:

Why not both ? We already have warrior undivided and demons are one army book.

If we go by multiplayer I think we should have demons, warriors and then the god specific as 4 separate factions with warriors and demons.

Campaign wise then I think we should have access to everything with it being possibly restricted depending on what lord you pick.

I don't want the 4 starting race software game 3 to be chaos though. Dwarfs and ogres deserve to be main game races.

The problem for game 3 on its own is warriors of chaos are a game 1 DLC.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,191

Krunch said:

4 Colours of Chosen as the top tier infantry is the sort of thing we'd get with divided Demons. It'd kill the game before it even got a chance.
    Where did you get this hilarious idea?

Nurgle has Putrid Blightkings:

Khorne has Skullscrushers, Wrathmongers, Bloodbound, Skullreapers. . .

What about Hell Striders?

Should i continue or that's enough?
    Have you understood how blatantly false your "Monogods/Divided Daemons have just recolored Warriors of Chaos" is? Because if you really still think that those units are just the same units with different colours then i don't know if i have an eye problem or you have something wrong with your eyes. . . or with something else, like pure and simple BS.
    Is just like saying most of the High Elves units are just Dark Elves units with different colours. . . or most of the Bretonnia units are just Empire units with different colours. WH1 and WH2 got killed by this, right? Yeah, no.

Let alone the difference of stats. . .

Have you forgot that CA can literally take contents from every GW material like lore, End Times and FW? Have you forgot what they did to Norsca?
    Beastmen: where is the love?

edited September 2018
    Ludbone said:

Krunch said:

Have you understood how blatantly false your "Monogods/Divided Daemons have just recolored Warriors of Chaos" is? Because if you really still think that those units are just the same units with different colours then i don't know if i have an eye problem or you have something wrong with your eyes. . . or with something else, like pure and simple BS.
    Is just like saying most of the High Elves units are just Dark Elves units with different colours. . . or most of the Bretonnia units are just Empire units with different colours. WH1 and WH2 got killed by this, right? Yeah, no.

Have you forgot that CA can literally take contents from every GW material like lore, End Times and FW? Have you forgot what they did to Norsca?
    That you posted AoS units backs my point massively. Thanks! Even in AoS they're designed to work as part of a grand Alliance, so my point is still valid. So yes, if we're discussing Warhammer Fantasy (which is what the game is based on, not AoS which is an entirely different world) then Chosen of various colours would be the top tier of each, and they wouldn't be very different form each other.

Dark Elves are fundamentally different, one is an order race, the other is a destruction race. Demons are all just variations on the Demon theme, they're all destruction races. Game 1 and 2 worked because they have 4 different races which are all unique. Even the Empire / Brettonia example the latter is FLC, not a core race. Furthermore the four you listed all have their own individual army books. Demons have 1 army book, 1, not 4.

Divided Demons as a thing is fine, but the idea that any of them should be a core race just isn't logical. Not from a lore perspective, not from a gameplay perspective, and not from a sales perspective. In all three areas they're simply not core race worthy.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
    Goatforce said:

Krunch said:

Indeed. Not opposed to Daemons then monogod released as DLC (think Vanilla suggested that in one of my threads a while ago). TBH anything that maximises the amount of content - units and LLs - has my vote.
    It was me or someone else.

It's the most logical route if they're to be included. Divided Demons targets a niche of the Demons audience, so you're not getting anybody else with them as the core, you're just targeting Demons fans over and over and over and over again. They'd also each be like Norsca - mostly the same units with some reskins and a couple LL.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    edited September 2018

Ludbone said:

Krunch said:

That you posted AoS units backs my point massively. Thanks! Even in AoS they're designed to work as part of a grand Alliance, so my point is still valid. So yes, if we're discussing Warhammer Fantasy (which is what the game is based on, not AoS which is an entirely different world) then Chosen of various colours would be the top tier of each, and they wouldn't be very different form each other.
    First of all some of those are units from The End Times, not AoS. . . and the other ones are from 8th ed. Army Book.
    Thank you! Now I know you're extremely biased. And now I know how to deal with your statements.
    Still ignoring Norsca and its roster and what CA did with it? Okay then. . . thanks for the laughs!
    Dark Elves are fundamentally different, one is an order race, the other is a destruction race.
    I'm not speaking about their role in the TT game or whatever. I'm speaking about that, if you think those God's alligned Chaos Warriors like Putrid Blightkings = Skullreapers with a different colour. . . is just like saying that HE swordmen = DE swordmen with different colour. It's the same ridiculous comparison. Even worse considering how different in terms of model and stats those Chaos warriors are.
    Divided Demons as a thing is fine, but the idea that any of them should be a core race just isn't logical.
    Never said something about WH3 should have just 4 Monogods as core races or factions.
    However the possibility to see them as 4 core races is not impossible. Not even close. Considering old Russian leaks to those hints in "what the teams are working on".
    There is also a possibility to see 2 Monogods races as 2 of the 4 core races and the other 2 in future Campaign Packs, like someone else said.
    Not from a lore perspective, not from a gameplay perspective, and not from a sales perspective. In all three areas they're simply not core race worthy.
    1. The End Times lore. And it's also a CA decision, unless you have some secret informations about the lore of WH3. . .

2. False and based on nothing. Wait a gameplay and then come back.

3. Sales perspective again? False and based on nothing. Post some proofs and then come back.
    I watched tons of videos and readt tons of posts and comments here, in other sites and social networks. The number of people who wants fully implemented Monogods in WH3 and are hyped for this is incalculable.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,280
    Ludbone said:

Krunch said:

oh yes I hope we will get human infantry for each God =P/ seems Papa Nurgle models will be most hardest part to do

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

edited September 2018
    @ludbone Yes I am biased, that's how opinion works...... If that's a disqualifier then everyone with an opinion including yourself is disqualified.

We're not talking about other races, don't distract with that whataboutism. We're talking monogods. they're all destruction races based off of Chaos Gods, they're all based off of the same idea. The way they were designed is four takes on that one idea working together. From a gameplay perspective all would play very similar, and be highly limited in what they do because they're all one note.

This is all common sense. Monogods never had an army book, they'd all be highly similar from a gameplay perspective, and they all target a niche of the Demons niche. Demons themselves were one of the least popular races in TT and in TWW destruction races are the least popular, with Hordes the least popular of those. You're proposing an entire game have at it's core the least popular class of races made from one of the least popular books. One book, not four like the other two games, one. One book does not a game make.

It's common sense that if game 3 includes as a core race any monogod army it will do worse. That there's a small passionate fanbase for them doesn't change that. The reality is that Demons captures almost the entire market for that as monogods are just a subset of Demons. Including them doesn't add anyone.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,820
    Ludbone said:

Krunch said:

This entire post is disingenuous.

Firstly, they clearly stated that they are not touching End Times or AoS, so Blight Kings and the krazy Khornites are out. Secondly, Skullcrushers and Hellstriders are cavalry not infantry, which is what his point was all about, so yes, copy pasta Chosen would be the top tier infantry for each list of monogod.

Moving on to the assertion that "Monogods/Divided Daemons have just recolored Warriors of Chaos" is false. I disagree. Sure Nurgle's got some cool Forge World stuff (which I'd like to see added to the WoC list), but that's about it. Monogod would just be a quarter of the Daemons of Chaos roster with a selection of WoC units with tweaks to their stats and aesthetic. Nothing new. We could get the same effect, Arkhan/Alarielle style with Sigvald, Vilitch, Valkia, Festus once they come, without charging us a bunch and calling it a 'new' race.

Then we get an ad hominem attack. Classy.

Comparing monogod lists to the various elf and human factions is a bait and switch tactic. This discussion has nothing to do with species, and everything to do with the design of the army.

Norsca is an original army cobbled together from unused WoC assets, Fimir, Viking tropes and lore blurbs. It was not comparable to cutting DoC and WoC in half, glueing the pieces together, tweaking stats four times and calling it a day.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,686
    Wyvax said:

Ludbone said:

Krunch said:

This entire post is disingenuous.

Firstly, they clearly stated that they are not touching End Times or AoS, so Blight Kings and the krazy Khornites are out. Secondly, Skullcrushers and Hellstriders are cavalry not infantry, which is what his point was all about, so yes, copy pasta Chosen would be the top tier infantry for each list of monogod.

Moving on to the assertion that "Monogods/Divided Daemons have just recolored Warriors of Chaos" is false. I disagree. Sure Nurgle's got some cool Forge World stuff (which I'd like to see added to the WoC list), but that's about it. Monogod would just be a quarter of the Daemons of Chaos roster with a selection of WoC units with tweaks to their stats and aesthetic. Nothing new. We could get the same effect, Arkhan/Alarielle style with Sigvald, Vilitch, Valkia, Festus once they come, without charging us a bunch and calling it a 'new' race.

Then we get an ad hominem attack. Classy.

Comparing monogod lists to the various elf and human factions is a bait and switch tactic. This discussion has nothing to do with species, and everything to do with the design of the army.

Norsca is an original army cobbled together from unused WoC assets, Fimir, Viking tropes and lore blurbs. It was not comparable to cutting DoC and WoC in half, glueing the pieces together, tweaking stats four times and calling it a day.
    I'm not going to get into the whole Undivided vs Divided argument again because they simply arent mutually exclusive and there's more than enough room to make everyone happy, but neither you nor I nor anyone else but Creative Assembly themselves (and even they might not at this point) know whether they will ultimately tackle End Times content by the time this trilogy is over.

The trajectory and scope of this series has changed DRAMATICALLY since that quote was taken, which was what, more than 2 years ago now? As I remember, all they functionally said was, Total War Warhammer is not set in the End Times. One dev, two years ago, in an industry and game series that changes its schedule and future plans every couple of months.

Warhammer 3 isnt coming out for another year at least, and the life cycle of that game might not be finished until 3-4 years after that (especially if CA goes the Rome 2 route of continuously dropping content for the series well into the future).

Its silly to rule out anything at this point, especially if CA does something crazy for the next Campaign Pack. I mean I doubt it, but for all we know Amazons are coming next. You're going to tell me that Araby or Amazons or Vampire Coast could get fleshed out but theres NO POSSIBLE WAY CA might add End Times characters, units, Nagash's resurrection, or an overall End Times expansion? Pleaseee