Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Huge fps drop with Blood dlc

RoldegarRoldegar Posts: 8Registered Users
edited September 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Hello, I'm experiencing a huge fps drop using the blood effect during battles. Around 20 fps in actual battles, Skaven benchmark does get around 30 fps difference between blood on and off.
I have to point out that Zooming in does produce the fps drop to around 28fps, otherwise I whould have a stable 60-50 fps.
My system is more than capable of handling the game:
i7 4790, Geforce Gtx 1070ti 8gb, 16 gb ram.
In fact TW Warhammer 1 with blood works perfectly even with huge amount of units on screen.
I'm wondering if I do have something wrong or is the game giving my CPU a hard time. I understand that TW Warhammer 2 is way more demanding than the first title, but since I have a 1070ti that is more than enough to handle any graphic improvement over TWW1 and I don't know if the blood in TWW2 has any significant change over the first one to actually hit my CPU performance so much.

Game build: 1.4.1 build 7450.1400824

Comments

• makar55makar55 Posts: 1,533Registered Users
    I think its known issue and been already mentioned here few times. Moreover I remember 1 guy proved it by videos.
  • DMA64DMA64 Posts: 67Registered Users
    I did a quick test with the skaven benchmark and a 10-15 fps lose seems to be normal.
    You could try the "Less blood, less gore!" mod from the steam workshop, you might even find this to be better looking.
  • gekjgekj Junior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    edited February 12
    This issue is here since TW1. blood and gore can cause massive gpu usage drop in battle.

It's more effective on certains factions. I've noticed the worses are norsca, chaos warrior and tomb kings.

for exemple 2 screens with blood on and off. Battle is paused with same zoom/angle :

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file