Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Latest announcement !

Comments

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,049
    Bies said:

"Fifteen Dwarfs and a dead Dwarf's chest,
    Yo, ho, ho and a flagon of ale,
    Each one a goner means more for the rest!
    Yo, ho, ho and a barrel of ale.

- Dwarf Pirate sea shanty (it gest worse!)
    Please do link the other verses, i have become a addict for Warhammer battle songs!

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,156
    Reeks said:

Bies said:

Please do link the other verses, i have become a addict for Warhammer battle songs!
    Not a battle song, but still awesome.

Believe in humanity!
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,013
    Haha! While I like 'em I'd find it highly anticlimatic if Long Drong's Slayer Pirates were where that hint was at.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,551
    RikRiorik said:

Haha! While I like 'em I'd find it highly anticlimatic if Long Drong's Slayer Pirates were where that hint was at.

Well since every single hint when being explained for DoW is referencing individual units or border locations (Long Drong/Sartosa, Hotpot, Birdmen, Truthsayers/Albion) then what do you expect?

In case of Araby it's a VERY roundabout way of hinting at them.

In case of Zombie Pirates it's fairly direct with some hiccups.

Which is why I am waging it's Zombie Pirates because the other two are fairly roundabout ways of talking about them. Though it's not impossible.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    Please.... still holding out vain hope for Ushoran SOMEHOW...
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Registered Users Posts: 675
    Its almost certainly Zombie Pirates - plenty of clues alluding to that. Also, someone high up in CA really likes the undead factions or thinks that they sell particularly well to the player base - remember how much special treatment the Vampire Counts got over Empire? Not surprised that the Zombie Pirates will be featured here.

Its makes sense though because Zombie Pirates would be much more exciting to the average consumer than Southern Realms or Araby - both lack that wild, eye-catching marketing hype that you can get with undead pirates.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    lucibuis said:

Fantastical indicates something magical and beautiful, not some mercenaries. So I think it’s wood elves dlc part 2, with Ariel and fairie dragons

Where there is a will, there is a way...
  • dreyermakerdreyermaker Registered Users Posts: 21
    I think some folks are being a bit limited with their imaginations of what could be possible with a more broadly defined campaign pack. I’m honestly not super familiar with all the potential legendary lords for the southern realms and vampire coast, but I’ve personally viewed the dogs of war roster and RoR enough to know that we could expect some pretty awesome things.

Firstly, I fully believe at this point that the pack will at least be called Dogs of War just based on it being a great marketing name and the dogs of war roster will be the main theme. The great thing about new campaign mechanics and having tons of RoR though is that it leaves the door wide open for them to cram in what ever they feel like into this pack.

For LLs we know there will be 4, but if the pack is organized around a pirate/oceanic theme than it could be possible that we’ll see options from the southern realms and vampire coast and Sartosa all become playable.

On the unit side of things, a buffed up RoR system could allows them to at least pay fanservice to basically every minor faction in one pack (minus Araby which I still fully expect to be a 2 LL race pack later on). Think of Albion giant units, zombie pirates, ogres in game for the first time, Amazon huntresses (maybe with a serpent priestess hero?), even halflings could probably be in and simultaneously unlocked for the empire in some way. I’m still betting on the empire to be updated this time around because there’s no competition for an older and more left behind faction in TWW at this point.

*cough* BORIS *cough*

Anyway, thought I’d just offer my 2 cents now that we have an announcement clue about an announcement date lolz.

Wheels on the train go HYPE.

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    I’d say Zombie Pirates and a VC rework but Sartosa seems to indicate Southern realms and empire rework
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,204
    Seems like southern to me, but would be funny if it pointed to a "lost" fishmen empire in the map lol.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,772

X marks are a staple of any sort of treasure hunting theme. There is nothing to tie it to pirates specifically.

Well, there's always a danger of over-thinking these kind of things, but treasure maps marked with an X usually indicate buried pirate treasure. Became part of popular culture from Treasure Island, along with talking parrots and saying "Arrr!", it is quite pirate-y.

The "searching for El Dorado" kind of treasure map is usually a lot of arcane symbols and drawings that need to be deciphered.

But as I say, you can over-think this kind of stuff.

With the salt reference, I'm expecting a Campaign Pack that is effectively the DoW/Southern Realms under a different name, but with a few extra units for the Vampire Coast. Also means I'd expect the Dark Elf who comes alongside it to be Lokhir and not Malus, the former would fit with that theme.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,575
    Suliot said:

Suliot said:

Can't wait for the announcement but just to speculate for the heck of it, I think we could get "4 Minor Factions" in a bundle. These Factions would be Albion, Sartossa, Araby and Vampire Coast.

I think this could be the case because all of these factions can be represented in both ME and Vortex Campaigns and I don't think there's enough space to have 4 Legendary Lords starting positions for all of these factions, so they'll just have one Lord and starting position for each.

We might also get just two of those factions in this DLC with two legendary lords each and two more with another DLC at some later date.

Just throwing some guesses out there. In any case I'm very excited! :smile:

I think in the unlikely case it is multiple minor factions it would likely be Pirates of Sartosa vs. Zombie Pirates of the Vampire Coast.

Mainly due to the fact most of their units could share skeletons and animation. And it is a consistent theme.

Harkon and Noctilus(or Vangheist for ethereal LL) vs. Saltspite and Roth (maybe Long Drong replacing one of them.

But just so no one bites my head off this is once again fun speculation. It is likely DoW/Southern Realms
    Or it could be Albion and Sartossa based on the image. There we can see a map explorers/pirates would use with the X possibly marking the position of Albion on the map.
    Albion would be SOO epic !! EPPIC !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,744
    Arsenic said:

X marks are a staple of any sort of treasure hunting theme. There is nothing to tie it to pirates specifically.

Well, there's always a danger of over-thinking these kind of things, but treasure maps marked with an X usually indicate buried pirate treasure. Became part of popular culture from Treasure Island, along with talking parrots and saying "Arrr!", it is quite pirate-y.

The "searching for El Dorado" kind of treasure map is usually a lot of arcane symbols and drawings that need to be deciphered.

But as I say, you can over-think this kind of stuff.

With the salt reference, I'm expecting a Campaign Pack that is effectively the DoW/Southern Realms under a different name, but with a few extra units for the Vampire Coast. Also means I'd expect the Dark Elf who comes alongside it to be Lokhir and not Malus, the former would fit with that theme.
    I whole-heartedly support every part of this. The campaign pack being DoW/Southern Realms, a few FLC to make Vampire Coast into a mostly re-skinned faction with some personalized mechanics, and Lokhir. I think we already have enough emo-lords, but Malus definitely is popular.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,575
    edited September 2018
    Bies said:

Yo ho ho and a bottle (keg) of FINE Bugman XXXXX !!

Cheers my friend !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,204
    edited September 2018
    DarkLordD said:

Bies said:

Yo ho ho and a bottle (keg) of FINE Bugman XXXXX !!

Cheers my friend !
    A modern dwarven air shanty sung by their descendants out of Barak-Mhornar.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • AngloSovereignAngloSovereign Registered Users Posts: 170
    If it’s a naval battle DLC then the FLC lord is totally gonna be Lokhir.
  • FraxinusFraxinus Registered Users Posts: 467
    I'd just like to chip in with my usual Lizardmen point of view and say that if it is Vampire Coast and they still stick to their bass-ackwards plan of releasing a Dark Elf FLC next, my rage will be endless.

Why, you ask? Well, if they are going with a nautical / piratical theme, who but Lokhir Fellheart would make sense as the addition for the Dark Elves to go along with it? Someone on here recently made a post suggesting that Lokhir should start in Lustria (specifically Chupayotl), and made some pretty convincing arguments to support that proposition. I'm not going to remember all of them off the top of my head but it was a pretty solid case.

Let's think about what would happen if this were the case. Here's a list of the playable factions that would start in Lustria in the Vortex campaign were such an update to the roster to be made:
    - Order of Loremasters
    - Clan Pestilens
    - Court of Lybaras
    - Lokhir Fellheart's Faction
    - Vampire Coast

That's FIVE factions - including a representative of every single Warhammer 2 race, except for... Lizardmen.

Lustria. The Lizardmen homeland. Five playable factions would start there, and none of them would be Lizardmen. It's already ridiculous enough, and Vampire Coast by itself would make it a travesty, but if they added Vampire Coast AND Fellheart?

Let's put this into some perspective here. Imagine - no, seriously, imagine - if Morathi, Tretch, Kroq-Gar, and Khatep all started in Ulthuan, and no playable High Elf factions started there to defend it. Imagine the unbridled, frothing rage that we would see from the High Elf playerbase. Or how about this: Azhag, Vlad von Carstein, Sigvald the Magnificent, and Grombrindal all start in various Empire provinces, and meanwhile Karl Franz and the other Empire LLs are down in Estalia?

Sound ridiculous? That's because it is! And yet, that is the exact situation that Lizardmen are currently in, and instead of fixing it by adding a playable Lizardmen faction in Lustria - which should have been there since DAY ONE - they are instead making it worse by piling more non-Lizardmen factions onto an already overloaded continent.
  • BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 727
    I'm angry about something I just made up.
    Iconic said:

I'm angry about something I just made up.

I really can't tell if that was directed at me or not.

If it was, none of what I wrote was anything that I "made up". It's a fact that the Order of Loremasters, Clan Pestilens, and Court of Lybaras all start in or on the coast of Lustria in the Vortex campaign (and 2 out of those 3 have nearly the same start positions in ME). It's also a fact that no playable Lizardmen factions currently start in Lustria.

Everything else in my post was based off of reasonable conjecture and educated guesses made by other people on this forum.
    Lol this forum couldn't reasonably conjectulate its way out of a paper bag.
    Iconic said:

Lol this forum couldn't reasonably conjectulate its way out of a paper bag.

Whereas you seem to be providing such well-thought-out arguments with plenty of sources to back up your claims?

I would welcome any actual contributions you might have to this discussion, but it seems like all you want to do is stand on the sidelines and make fun of the people involved.
    Fine. CA always does the obvious thing. New DLC will be DoW related and LM will get new content in the LP.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,296
    Maybe the X means a rework of ruins and treasur hint, which is currently not very fun
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,973
    Iconic said:

Fine. CA always does the obvious thing. New DLC will be DoW related and LM will get new content in the LP.

They haven't exactly thrown many DLC / FLC curveballs except with lord picks.

You're right though, folks shouldn't be upset about something that they made up.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    steph74 said:

Maybe the X means a rework of ruins and treasur hint, which is currently not very fun

It may be so. They've announced Giant Slayers once, why not to announce treasure hunt rework?
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    It's quite open to interpretation. But I'm too burnt to really go at it and in the past I really sided with the Medusa crowd so I'll pass this time.

The two things that pick my curiosity are the reference to the art asset that's never been seen before and the annoucement about several TW games.

Of course it's been a year now, and I haven't really been enjoying the game, maybe this is the time for it.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,973
    uriak said:

It's quite open to interpretation. But I'm too burnt to really go at it and in the past I really sided with the Medusa crowd so I'll pass this time.

The two things that pick my curiosity are the reference to the art asset that's never been seen before and the annoucement about several TW games.

Of course it's been a year now, and I haven't really been enjoying the game, maybe this is the time for it.

If this is DoW it'll probably drag me away from Fortnite back here. A DoW campaign, then Crone followed by Ungrim.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,416

Its almost certainly Zombie Pirates - plenty of clues alluding to that. Also, someone high up in CA really likes the undead factions or thinks that they sell particularly well to the player base - remember how much special treatment the Vampire Counts got over Empire? Not surprised that the Zombie Pirates will be featured here.

Its makes sense though because Zombie Pirates would be much more exciting to the average consumer than Southern Realms or Araby - both lack that wild, eye-catching marketing hype that you can get with undead pirates.

They cannot take money for it

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,551
    Bies said:

They cannot take money for it

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,416
    Reeks said:

Bies said:

@Reeks sorry its only this / they didnt have more :)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."