Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Latest announcement !

13»

Comments

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    For the moments I'm expecting DoW with a heavy explorers/treasure hunters/pirates focus. But as others have said, that doesn't suggest "fantastical." Zombie Pirates also don't really suggest that. Araby fits best, but none of the previous hints (salt, moon, cooking) if indeed hints they were, fit with that. They don't fit with Zombie Pirates either.

Right now I'm assuming nothing.
  • vintagepurplevintagepurple Registered Users Posts: 817
    Hot take incoming: the Isthmus of Lustria is part of Lustria
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,437
    The litmus test will be the patch going along side, though. Not the eye patch, the other.

• FraxinusFraxinus Registered Users Posts: 467

It's really not, except for the name. That would be like saying Kislev is part of the Empire. The Isthmus is geographically closer to Ulthuan than it is to mainland Lustria.

Besides which, saying that completely overlooks the actual reason for my post, which I think is still perfectly clear.
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    Maybe it's not about the DLC but the FLC. Lokhir Fellhearth.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Xenos7 said:

And when has that happened?
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    Crossil said:

Xenos7 said:

I was talking about the teaser. Maybe he is the corsair the treasure map is alluding to.
    Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

Xenos7 said:

I was talking about the teaser. Maybe he is the corsair the treasure map is alluding to.
    Yeah, when has a teaser been about FLC rather than DLC?
    Crossil said:

Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

Xenos7 said:

Don't know, the hungry hint? It's just the first teaser.
    Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

Xenos7 said:

Don't know, the hungry hint? It's just the first teaser.
    Ah, well if the next info on 4. 10. is again slow drip of info rather than announcement then maybe.
    Fraxinus said:

It's really not, except for the name. That would be like saying Kislev is part of the Empire. The Isthmus is geographically closer to Ulthuan than it is to mainland Lustria.

Besides which, saying that completely overlooks the actual reason for my post, which I think is still perfectly clear.
    No, friendo, the isthmus is literally part of the continent of Lustria. Kislev is not a part of the Empire. Also, one is a geographic region and one is a state.

Fraxinus said:

No, friendo, the isthmus is literally part of the continent of Lustria. Kislev is not a part of the Empire. Also, one is a geographic region and one is a state.
    No, the Isthmus of Lustria is the bit of land that connects Lustria to Naggaroth. Saying that the Isthmus of Lustria is part of Lustria would be like saying that Mexico is part of South America.
    Mexico is geographically part of North America.

The fantasy region known as the Isthmus of Lustria is part of Lustria.

For proof, check out how there is a harsh line where jagged snowy mountains give way to lush jungle exactly where the Isthmus begins. Because Warhammer is a fantasy setting and the geography is fairly straightforward.
    Since you insist on being so pedantic, go ahead and just add the word "mainland" before every instance of the word Lustria in my original post and you will see that I still have a point.
    Fraxinus said:

Since you insist on being so pedantic, go ahead and just add the word "mainland" before every instance of the word Lustria in my original post and you will see that I still have a point.

Actually mainland discounts 3 of them as they start on islands.

Sorry, just had to troll.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,286
    @Fraxinus You do realise that we will likely get an Itza Start pos with either the DLC or FLC LM LL? In fact they both might start in Lustria.

Also, Isthmus means a strip of land with sea on either side that connects two large landmasses, so the Isthmus of Lustria means literally: "strip of (connecting) land of Lustria", by definition it is part of lustria, its proximity to other areas doen't mean it isn't part of the Lustrian continent
    @Goatforce Yes, I'm holding out hope for that, but the entire reason that I'm complaining is because they have pushed that back to Ones Ones-only-know-when in "early 2019", while adding more and more non-Lizardmen factions to Lustria and handing out content left and right to the various elf factions who are already swimming in it.

Also, my point about mainland vs. Isthmus was that Itza and the area surrounding it in the mainland is the Lizardmen racial capitol. Itza being the first city and everything. It would be like if Karak Zorn was the only playable Dwarf faction, and defending it by saying "Well it's still technically part of the Karaz Ankor / World's Edge Mountains..."
    Karak Zorn is part of the Karaz Ankor though?

What exactly are you implying, drengbarazi?
    I am "implying" that the Lizardmen are the only race currently that does not have a playable faction in their heartland, which is unacceptable when multiple other races have playable factions within spitting distance of their racial capitol.
  • BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 743
    You can see the hurt feelings in the sauruses eyes when you play LM.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    Iconic said:

You can see the hurt feelings in the sauruses eyes when you play LM.

Also, crocodile tears.