Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is now available to pre-order!

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 166Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is now available to pre-order - and if you pre-order now, you'll receive the Yellow Turban Rebellion DLC for free!

Don't want to pre-order now? That's fine - we've got lots more information, gameplay, and reviews to come before launch, plus you can also buy the game within the first week of release and still receive the DLC for free with our early adopter bonus.

Head over to Steam to pre-order the game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/779340/Total_War_THREE_KINGDOMS/

Questions? Take a look at our FAQ first to see if we've already answered them: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-pre-order-faq

Want to pre-order the Limited or Collector's Edition? Head over here: http://comingsoon.totalwar.com

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 828Registered Users
    Can I have it now, please?
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 532Registered Users
    edited September 27
    Cool and Good.
    Post edited by Breadbox on
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,551Registered Users
    I can see me getting Ikku Ikki PTSD flashbacks playing this faction.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • vbb29481mttvvbb29481mttv Posts: 23Registered Users
    Don't worry my money now is yours! I‘ll call all my friends to buy it!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,059Registered Users
    edited September 27
    How I wish CA announced the playable factions first.

Anyways, I like this type of DLC as it enhances the experience of the Grand Campaign itself rather than separate Campaign Pack.

The only Campaign Pack I want to see is Warring States.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users

I can see me getting Ikku Ikki PTSD flashbacks playing this faction.

GRORIOUS IKKO IKKI. KATANA FOLDED ONE TIME, BREAK AT SLIGHTEST BREEZE. STILL WIN BY SHEER NUMBER.

This is literally going to be the Ikko Ikki all over again and I'm going to love it.

The map they showed in the pre order is a bit iffy for me. I wish it went just a bit further East so we could get Korea. It's a sham it's not included as Cao Wei and Goguryeo did fight and it would have been a great chance for a later Korean Kingdoms DLC(also for mods for later time periods). The map goes about as far west as expected though.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,059Registered Users
    edited September 27
    Questions:

Three new hero classes: Healer, Scholar, and Veteran

Different from the main 5 Hero Class?

Campaign Map

I guess we'll have Xianbei as DLC in the future.
    Where is Goguryeo? Wei fought Goguryeo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goguryeo–Wei_War
    Also Ma Teng?

I thought we'll have this.

Will every DLC going to bring:

*New Culture?
    *New Hero Class?
    *New Animations?
    *New Maps?
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 571Registered Users
    Done! Pre-ordered already, can't wait for March 7th, although I'm going to be really busy with work in March, I still hope that I'll be able to play enough to satiate my desire!
    Yeah I'm really shocked that atleast Liaodong or the Gansu Corridor atleast. Korea while I was really, really hoping for them was still a bit of a pipedream, but the lack of those regions and also anything to the North of China (atleast a little bit like in thst map younposted) is dissapointing.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 619Registered Users
    March release confirmed!
    edited September 27
    I find the lack of liaodong and even a strip of steppeland...disturbing.
    But hey at least the Ordos regions are in.

Most of Liang province(Gansu) is also in.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 571Registered Users
    Breadbox said:

Yeah I am slightly disappointed they didn't include more areas to the North and West, it's not a deal-breaker but I would've liked them to be in the game. Hopefully they can include them in some DLC or an Attila-esque game set in a different period.
    Breadbox said:

My thoughts basically. Korea being missing is totally fine, I wanted them in but whatever Tarim is also totally fine being missing, i never expected them in despite Han control. But I atleast expected all of directly controlled Han China, Gansu/Hexi whatever you want to call it and Liaodong is just weird being missing.
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,217Registered Users
    Well, limited edition .... 3 billion mainland Chinese ... oh no, not going to take a chance .... I pre-ordered the Collector’s edition! 😝
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited September 27
    HOLD UP.
    After inspecting the map closer, I came to the chilling realisation that the border regions, although painted lacks any provincial borders.

That means the border region is going to shrink even more, most of Liang province, northern Vietnam and Liaodong will not Interactable.

The map is alright, but let’s be honest, its a little minimalistic with Koei level of border cop outs. I really want to see nomads, Goguryeo and vietnam, is it too much to ask?

Also, how come the south has as many regions as the north, is this basic historical fact lost on CA?
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 2,674Registered Users
    Oh, look, day one DLC faction.

The only acceptable day one DLC in my opinion is Blood and Gore.

Fancy cinematic though.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 731Registered Users
    edited September 27
    Breadbox said:

HOLD UP.
    After inspecting the map closer, I came to the chilling realisation that the border regions, although painted lacks any provincial borders.

That means the border region is going to shrink even more, most of Liang province, northern Vietnam and Liaodong will not Interactable.

The map is alright, but let’s be honest, its a little minimalistic with Koei level of border cop outs. I really want to see nomads, Goguryeo and vietnam, is it too much to ask?

Also, how come the south has as many regions as the north, is this basic historical fact lost on CA?

Map: Bit dissapointed myself. Was hoping more north and more south and atleast korea in the east.
    But just a bit dissapointed, after inspecting the map it isnt all that bad. There's 1 or 2 regions i didnt think would make it there.

However i'll abstain from posting a final oppinion until i see a proper, detailed, campaign map with all provinces, proper borders etc.

As for pre order dlc: I don't like it, CA didn't learn. But i'll pre-order regardless as this is a game that i'd get with or without pre order dlc. Atleast its free for a week after launch.

At this point in the campaign the yellow turbans aren't that major. Would be mindblowing if it was a yellow turban start scenario.
    Breadbox said:

HOLD UP.

In previous TW games does the map have borders for the very edges?
  • TolgharTolghar Posts: 89Registered Users
    I am actually amazed by you Ca. You showed again that you don't give a crap about your customers after 2 backslashes before with day one dlcs. Seriously you don't learn anything XD? And keep going to calling people who buy your games nazis and angry baby gamers I am sure we will like it very much and buy your nonsense regardless ohhh.... look at the dislikes and comments and youtube I am sure it is a coincidence ohhhh.... what reviews at steam is gone? Nahhhh you are being superstitious now boy how could Ca screw up things over and over again? Really they can't be that stupid?
    Anyway good luck pulling this one off this time.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 619Registered Users
    I will only pre order after some play throughs have convinced me this is the game I want to play. Not interested in offers when yet so little content has been given free about the actual campaign. Glad though that the yellow turbands are in. Looking forward to more information.
  • TheWittyWatermelomTheWittyWatermelom Member Posts: 117Registered Users
    You haven't even shown us any campaign map gameplay and already asking for pre orders?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 14,334Registered Users
    Tolghar said:

I am actually amazed by you Ca. You showed again that you don't give a crap about your customers after 2 backslashes before with day one dlcs. Seriously you don't learn anything XD? And keep going to calling people who buy your games nazis and angry baby gamers I am sure we will like it very much and buy your nonsense regardless ohhh.... look at the dislikes and comments and youtube I am sure it is a coincidence ohhhh.... what reviews at steam is gone? Nahhhh you are being superstitious now boy how could Ca screw up things over and over again? Really they can't be that stupid?

You know why? Because people make these grand statements only to then pre-order anyway. Yeah, at some point people call your bluff if you keep doing it.

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 828Registered Users
    I mean, nobody has to pre-order it right this instant. You can wait for a few months until we have more information about the game and then decide. And the offer is still available for the first week after release.

So, while I can see where the "we know very little about the base game itself yet to justify a pre-order DLC" argument is coming from, really, it makes no difference at the end of the day; even if CA had announced the offer one month before release, you'll still have the same amount of information by the time the game releases and the offer ends.
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 106Registered Users
    Tolghar said:

Oh f*** off you whining ****. If you don’t want to buy then simply don’t f****** buy it. I am sick of people like you just calling out CA everywhere, how they just think about the money and not about their customers. If you don’t like it go play something else.
  • united84united84 Posts: 244Registered Users
    This is quite a surprising move. A fixed date is very appreciated, YT DLC is also a nice piece of info & I don't mind it being a pre-order incentive. However, there is really not much reveal since the official announcement back in January 2018 which might bother some people including myself & never forget Rome 2.

The Yellow Turban DLC trailer could have been made using in-game engine showing exact in-game models, that would have been a proper marketing strat.

Yea, I think some form of damage control is needed (Judging from the like to dislike ratio on youtube and also the recent R2 fiasco).

CA needs to reveal more campaign gameplay and massive open field battles.
    Yeah, my main issue with this is that we still don't know so much about the game yet here we are announcing DLC.
    We know absolutely nothing more about the game as compared to 2 months ago, can we please see new information?
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,217Registered Users

I mean, nobody has to pre-order it right this instant. You can wait for a few months until we have more information about the game and then decide. And the offer is still available for the first week after release.

So, while I can see where the "we know very little about the base game itself yet to justify a pre-order DLC" argument is coming from, really, it makes no difference at the end of the day; even if CA had announced the offer one month before release, you'll still have the same amount of information by the time the game releases and the offer ends.

I have a PC that is quite expensive due to my desire to play Total War games at max settings. That being the case, I know I am going to buy this game . So why would it make sense for me to wait? The cost of the game is peanuts compared to the cost of the machine I have to play it.

So, I see no reason to wait.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 742Registered Users
    A reward for early adopters, available for a week after launch, with more than enough time to read reviews and watch gameplay videos, seems perfectly reasonable to me.
  • SniperBob177SniperBob177 Posts: 264Registered Users
    Feels like a 5 Month cash grab, based on very little info provided.