Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

History experts, assemble! Get your favourite history tidbit featured as event in Rome II

wolphyxwolphyx Posts: 42Registered Users
Hello fellow imperatores,

in an attempt to enhance the storytelling aspect of Rome II and capture the feel of being a leader in Roman times, I'm currently working on an extensive, multi-language Events and Dilemma mod featuring over 100 new dilemmas and incidents across all campaigns of Rome II. Some are unique one-time events, some are recurring, and some are even part of an ongoing storyline. Most of them are designed to respond to your actions on the campaign map (or even shape them) That means the places you visit, the things you do and your decisions all contribute to the experience you will get, making you face decisions that a ruler in ancient times could realistically be confronted with - in response your actions on the campaign map.

One type of new Events that will be featured are the City/Region Events, which can trigger some time after you conquer a certain region or city. They often incorporate for example some of of the regions history, culture, tales or landmarks and turn them into a dilemma with significant impact on your campaign.

So I was hoping the history experts among you could help me out. Do you know of certain events, legends, regional history tidbits or landmarks that could be used for narrative events or that you want to see featured in Rome II?

As an example, here are the taglines of some of the regional dilemmas I already created, so you get the gist:
  • The Valley of Kings - The tombs of the ancient kingdom have fallen into your hands. How will you deal with the legacy of the old Egypt? | (GC)
  • Carthago delenda est? - The arch enemy's city is finally conquered and at your mercy. What fate shall befall them? | (GC, HatG)
  • The Legendary Troia - A Pergamese farmer claims to have found the ruins of the mythical Troia from Homer's Illias. | (GC,IA)
  • The Library of Alexandria - The knowledge of this world is at your fingertips - will you put it to use? | (GC, IA)

Of course I will feature every contribution that makes it into the mod with a special thanks on the steam mod page when it's released and sacrifice a hecatomb of white bulls in your honour.

I'm excited to see what you come up with!
Tagged:

Comments