Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Steam: nonsense review-bombing strikes WH1 & WH2 ~ honest reaction

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,571
edited September 2018 in Total War General Chat
Had to remove the picture due to language in the last panel. Sorry

What happened yesterday? Some dumb mortals started review-bombing WH1 and 2 without a single good reason~

What they said? Nonsense things. Dumb things and asinine quotes...sloppy plebeians...
Nothing about the gameplay or else~

Steam should remove those "reviews-not-reviews".

You can repost if you edit.

EDITED
#JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 8/10 (re-read)
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 7.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10
Post edited by Gotrek_Beastslayer on
Tagged:

Comments

• Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,256
    That's irksome. I can understand being angry at the company and even review bombing Rome, but the other unrelated products?

PS. That wouldn't by any chance be an Estalian angel would it? ;)
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,759
    All this over the false claim that Rome II had more females in it. Pathetic.

It's a group of hyper sensitive, triggered individuals pushing their politics on us.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    I am far beyond the point where I ever expect anything beginning to approach good from people on the internet.
    ò_ó
  • SlinGnBulletS#6453SlinGnBulletS#6453 Registered Users Posts: 171
    Shameful behavior by the community. Just goes to show which people are the real fans of the series and not in it for political reasons.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    It's because CA didn't add female chaos lords. Stop being so inconsistent, CA!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    You guys still on about this? It barely affects the overall rating. I'm more interested in looking at the game rather than political stupidity.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Registered Users Posts: 445
    Crossil said:

You guys still on about this? It barely affects the overall rating. I'm more interested in looking at the game rather than political stupidity.

It's painful to watch. Crybabies screaming useless **** and wishing CA's bankrupt.
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    Nazis and nazi-adjacent cowards. Only thing to do is to shut them down before they get anywhere and CA has done a pretty good job so far but there can never too much force with those *insert numerous bad words here*

also, good comic lol.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • Kayosiv#7489Kayosiv#7489 Senior Member Kirkland WA. USARegistered Users Posts: 2,850
    edited September 2018

Arch Warhammer picked it up and ran with it, claiming that CA was now forcing players to use female generals in all factions, and banning anyone who criticized them for pushing an "feminist agenda" in the game.

Everyone's getting their wires crossed about what was said, but that's pretty much the story in nutshell.

Is this the video you're referring to? Link removed due to profanity. Sorry

It seems in the top comments Arch even realizes that the video isn't based on reality, but an outrage based on what didn't happen. He doesn't even get 1 minute into the video before his facts are just wrong.

Watching the whole video was pretty painful. Arch, or at least the character he portrays himself as when narrating his videos, is just a really angry and unpleasant person.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691#3558Whiskeyjack_5691#3558 Registered Users Posts: 4,247
    @Kayosiv yeah, but I'd prefer not to mention the video at all. I'd rather not give anymore traction this thing, or give Arch anymore views on it. it's pretty much a "non-story", getting blown way of proportion. It'll blow over in a week.
  • MeGa_N00B#2436MeGa_N00B#2436 Registered Users Posts: 1,143
    edited September 2018
    Why would any one review bomb Wahammer other than to say we do not have enough Female LL such as: Neferata, Ariel, Valkia the Bloody and so on?

God Dammit I really want Neferata to be added into the game.
  • DarthKaDarthKa Registered Users Posts: 459
    I don't think anybody knows what "nazi" means anymore, it's tossed around everytime.

Wrong from a part of the Rome community complaining from something that wasn't true and wrong from the CA moderator who doesn't know how to do the job.

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    LolTHELol said:

Why would any one review bomb Wahammer other than to say we do not have enough Female LL such as Neferata, Ariel?

God Dammit I really want Neferata to be added into the game.

Pray for a Nagash DLC/FLC.
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    DarthKa said:

I don't think anybody knows what "nazi" means anymore, it's tossed around everytime.

Wrong from a part of the Rome community complaining from something that wasn't true and wrong from the CA moderator who doesn't know how to do the job.

this got picked up and spread around by LITERAL NEO NAZIS

like come on.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,970
    This thread is not going to last long, what with the obvious politics and of course curse word in the comic itself. Might as well not get super worked up about all this right now.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • DarthKaDarthKa Registered Users Posts: 459

DarthKa said:

this got picked up and spread around by LITERAL NEO NAZIS

like come on.

See, again.

Not long ago I saw an interview with real holocaust survivors and they felt the same. I hope this "thing" passes and everybody can enjoy their games.
    All in all it's a storm in a teacup. It's a bunch of losers lead by a no name youtuber. It's not going to hurt CA i n any way, all it does is mildly irk us, the fans.

Hopefully this is the last thread on this.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    Yet another sad, tragic attempt at drawing attention to extremist stupidity... This thread, that is. Really, the only option is to insult everyone.

A few people posted negative reviews because they're butt hurt, and you can even notice the impact in games that are several years old and barely getting reviews! The internet version of shock jocks are being normal and taking offense anywhere they can manage! Lets start dozens of threads and insult everyone that thinks sjw's are **** and see how long we can keep this flame war going!

Absurdists hiding from reality, the lot of you. If you're really terrified of crazy people bankrupting your favorite game designers, politically correct hatchet jobs by the media have actually destroyed companies for daring to have scantily clad women in their games. The backlash only wiped out a few corrupt "journalists" who were masquerading as professional game reviewers while organizing hit jobs.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    There's no need to worry about it. I'm sure Steam will provide to delete everything that is not a real review, sooner or later.

Nice meme. It cracked me up :D:D
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

edited September 2018
    HoneyBun said:

All in all it's a storm in a teacup. It's a bunch of losers lead by a no name youtuber. It's not going to hurt CA i n any way, all it does is mildly irk us, the fans.

Stop.

Don't do this. Don't pick a side. Don't be human and think the best way to solve conflict is more conflict.

There are people on both sides. Good, wholesome human people. All with the capacity for kindness and altruism. There are no monsters and if we fight each other, the only losers are us.

My whole life everyone has been obessed with WW2. I found it dull. But they are right. I have seen this before. 100 years ago in the 20s. People picked sides. Nazis or Communists. Each convinced they were right - both monsters.

We need to calm down and break the circle.

Yeah, this isn't anything nearly as serious as that. This is one group of losers upset over lies they told themselves banging their heads against the wall that is CA. That's it. There's no grand message to be had here, there's no finding mutual ground, there's nothing good here.

And while we're at it, no, there isn't always good people on both sides. That attitude serves to justify abhorrent behaviour.
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,970
    HoneyBun said:

HoneyBun said:

Stop.

Don't do this. Don't pick a side. Don't be human and think the best way to solve conflict is more conflict.

There are people on both sides. Good, wholesome human people. All with the capacity for kindness and altruism. There are no monsters and if we fight each other, the only losers are us.

My whole life everyone has been obessed with WW2. I found it dull. But they are right. I have seen this before. 100 years ago in the 20s. People picked sides. Nazis or Communists. Each convinced they were right - both monsters.

Yeah, this isn't anything nearly as serious as that. This is one group of losers upset over lies they told themselves banging their heads against the wall that is CA. That's it. There's no grand message to be had here, there's no finding mutual ground, there's nothing good here.

And while we're at it, no, there isn't always good people on both sides.
    There is good in all people.

I promise you.

My message is not grand. It is boring and quiet. Fighting: hating, they are the grand message. They are attractive and cool and satisfying.

Peace? Peace is dull. Choose peace.
    A nice message.

But funny to say to folks in a forum for a game called Total War. Just a funny observation on my part.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,075
    Arch Warhammer, I've not seen smugness on those levels for sometime. he claims to understand the difference between authentic and accurate and gets it totally wrong.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    Remember the "troll content refusal brigade"?

Now it's an endless whole Army
    HoneyBun said:

HoneyBun said:

Stop.

And while we're at it, no, there isn't always good people on both sides.
    There is good in all people.

I promise you.

My message is not grand. It is boring and quiet. Fighting: hating, they are the grand message. They are attractive and cool and satisfying.

Peace? Peace is dull. Choose peace.
    What I don't like about that attitude is it serves to justify people who act badly. What's worse is it encourages this moral ambivalence where every side gets to claim they're in the right. It's not the case. Most of the time one time is acting badly and should be told so. Tip toeing around and pretending everyone is equally to blame only serves to embolden those at fault.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    As far as I researched from both sides, calling people not to play the allready purchased game and mod it + the manbaby and nazi comment, the fault is on CAs side.

But they should keep it out of Warhammer, as soon as any sjw nonsense goes into the warhammer titles, Im out too.

Im glad the warhammer world is extremely diverse already so there cant be anything to complain >.>
  • RockNRolla92#9743RockNRolla92#9743 Registered Users Posts: 2,294
    I agree with CA's stance on this. They are under no obligation to change the game simply because a group of people disagree with part of it.

There are far bigger problems in this world than a game adding female generals. If you disagree with it fine but there has to be a point where you accept that it's a difference of opinion and move on.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    Folks. leaving this thread here for now. Don't forget the Forum T&C when making your comments. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• vintagepurplevintagepurple Registered Users Posts: 817
    The thing is, there is no functional communication to be had with alt-right trolls like this- they aren't operating rationally and they aren't interested in communicating in good faith.

You can ignore them, and no doubt they deserve respect as human beings, but provoking people into engaging with their diatribe is their goal. They're trolls.

• Whiskeyjack_5691#3558Whiskeyjack_5691#3558 Registered Users Posts: 4,247
    HoneyBun, as much as I can understand where you're coming from, I'm with VanillaGorilla, Canuovea and VintagePurple on this. I'm sure Dge1 knows it too; being a forum moderator, he's probably seen plenty of it.

It's the internet. Few, if any, listen to reason. Fewer still listen to facts if it doesn't align with what they think they know. Really, none of those types even care. It doesn't matter about who's right or wrong to them.

Even if Arch, OneAngryGamer, and this alt-right site all miraculously stood up tomorrow and said "we got a lot of stuff about this wrong and we apologize", there's still going to be a **** tonne of people who will just bombard the steam page with negative reviews and attack the community manager, and still rattle off the same baseless statements.

The only positive thing in this (if any) is that most of them will (hopefully) just move on to the next thing on the internet to rant about, and this non-story will be forgotten about and we can all get back to playing some goddamn video games.
This discussion has been closed.