Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit animations suddenly stopping as camera zooms out

manwithnoshoesmanwithnoshoes Registered Users Posts: 11
edited October 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Build: 1.4.1

Description: This might be related to my earlier issue, but now I'm seeing unit animations 'ripple' in and out as I move the camera.

With all ultra settings, when having the camera close I can see units doing their idle animations, moving and yelling and such. However, once the camera moves a certain distance, the animations abruptly end, which is very noticable and looks very bad. There's literally a visible 'line' as I move the camera between those in higher detail and those in lower detail.

Reproduction Steps: Start up any battle with any faction, and pan the camera down a line of units.

Screenshots: See attached images. These don't really show the 'line' with the animations switching (obviously), but you can see the detail level change for the units.

Post edited by manwithnoshoes on

Comments

• manwithnoshoesmanwithnoshoes Registered Users Posts: 11
  • DMA64DMA64 Registered Users Posts: 67
    Hi, it is me again. I can`t say for sure but I think it was when reading throug the comments for the LOD mod that I`ve read that also the animations switch to a less detailed variation when you move the camera out. So I think it is the same problem as last time - the engine trying to save some resources.
  • manwithnoshoesmanwithnoshoes Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited October 2018
    DMA64 said:

Hi, it is me again. I can`t say for sure but I think it was when reading throug the comments for the LOD mod that I`ve read that also the animations switch to a less detailed variation when you move the camera out. So I think it is the same problem as last time - the engine trying to save some resources.

I was afraid of that. I just don't understand why it should need to with the PC I have. I also don't get why I never saw it before. It's very hard to miss. Do you always remember it happening?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file