Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What Realistic DLC And Updates Can Be Added For Attila Before Three Kingdoms Is Released?

AncientMedievalAncientMedieval Posts: 43Registered Users
edited October 18 in General Discussion
I was thinking what kind of DLC and Updates can be realistically added to Attila before TK is released in March? I think a possible Culture Pack is realistic and feasible in terms of cost and the amount of time to develop for CA. Maybe a Culture Pack that includes 3 or 4 factions from the Caucasus Mountains Region like Armenia, Kartili, Lazica, Arran and Abasgia. Maybe call it "Mountain Warriors" or something similar. I have also included a list of things that could be fixed and added to the game. Some of these beneficial features have been recently added to Rome 2. I think Attila and its expansions The Last Roman and Charlamagne would really benefit from these possible changes.

-Better Optimization for the Game, a very important issue

-Fixing the Towers that continue to shoot after capturing any enemy fortification

-Adding a Guard Mode Button

-Being able to hide bodies and foliage

-Possibly being able to mod music

-Adding Eastern Female Portraits and Eastern Female Civilians, I have noticed that eastern factions in the Middle East and North Africa for Attila and its expansions don't have unique Eastern Female models but instead use Roman Female models for UI Portraits and Battlefield Civilians for these factions. This is very noticeable and hopefully would be fixed and changed in any update.

-Adding missing factions to custom battles from the The Last Roman: the Vandalic, Visigothic and Frankish Kingdoms

I think it would be nice if CA revisited Attila, added one last DLC and fixed any left over issues with this game before moving on to TK. I hope CA would strongly consider this. It would also be interesting to see what the Sofia Studio would do with Attila. If anybody has any thoughts or ideas, please chime in.
Post edited by AncientMedieval on

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 688Registered Users
    edited October 8
    -Adding a Merge Units Button

That's already in the game tho ?

Also to be fair there's a myriad of things to fix before even thinking about adding new stuff.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    edited October 8
    There is plenty to fix, but it would be nice if they added:

- UI scaling
    - Armenia and its neighbours
    - Eastern factions like Parthia and maybe an indian faction
    - Extend the map to the east, there is quite a bit of land still covered by fog.

So I hope there is something on the way. In the latest Warhammer teaser they said this:

"A fantastical announcement is drawing near...
    And there will be more over the coming weeks for all Total War games."

News for ALL total war games?
    CPU: i5-4690. RAM: 32Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • AncientMedievalAncientMedieval Posts: 43Registered Users
    Rewan said:

-Adding a Merge Units Button

That's already in the game tho ?

Also to be fair there's a myriad of things to fix before even thinking about adding new stuff.
    Whoops :o your right merge units button is already in the game. It was really late and I was tired when I typed that post, I am on Pacific Standard Time. I was thinking of features that were recently added to Rome 2 that could be added to Attila and accidently added merge units button to the list.

I am aware there are more things that can be fixed that I didn't include as I wanted to give others in this thread a chance to add more ideas. I also wanted to list both things that need to be fixed like better game optimization and add new features like a guard button mode as well as ideas for new DLC.

There is plenty to fix, but it would be nice if they added:

- UI scaling
    - Armenia and its neighbours
    - Eastern factions like Parthia and maybe an indian faction
    - Extend the map to the east, there is quite a bit of land still covered by fog.

So I hope there is something on the way. In the latest Warhammer teaser they said this:

"A fantastical announcement is drawing near...
    And there will be more over the coming weeks for all Total War games."

News for ALL total war games?

Yeah, I saw that update that mentioned ALL total war games. Hopefully that includes both Rome 2 and Attila.
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 409Registered Users
    A Caucasian factions DLC is a very noticeable missing piece for Attila. It would be like having a more northern version of the Empires of Sand factions - injecting more immersion and diversity into wars between the Eastern Romans and Sassanids.

Furthermore, CA really needs to make up for its atrocious depiction of Armenia in Rome 2/Attila, which has largely left them with copy/paste Persian unit rosters and cultural features.
  • briansmulcheski120briansmulcheski120 Posts: 1Registered Users
    A great idea for an Attila DLC would be based on either Stilico, or Flavius Aetius.

If they were to make a DLC some great additions to the game would be based on diplomacy. Settling tribes inside the Empire is a great idea in theory, but in the game they fell short. Keeping the tribes at bay for the beginning of the game would also be a huge improvement. In most games I have played, the WRE collapses before ever getting close to Attila.

A complete diplomatic overhaul would be necessary to fix Attila. It is one of my favorite games, but it's lacking when it comes to diplomacy. Armenia was such a central country of conflict between the Sassanids and the Romans. A great addition to Attila would be "influence". Influence over a country instead of a base diplomatic relation standard would be far more realistic. Stilico and Aetius both wielded HUGE influence over the Goths and Franks respectively. The Goths and Franks would occasionally step out of line, but influence kept them under control. As the game goes on, the WRE could have events making it harder and harder to build and maintain their influence, just like the winters changing and causing fertility to go down.

I would love to see another DLC for Attila because it is one of the best Total War games. I find myself constantly going back to it.
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 550Registered Users
    A new campaign would be nice though I'm not sure what time frame could be covered. Byzantine campaign would be nice.

For me Attila needs optimization and a fix to the AI that still don't land their ships correctly and just sit there doing nothing.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    A Caucasian DLC is a must.

A campaign DLC could be the rise of islam, as a link between Attila TW and Age of Charlemagne.

Attila ~ 400 AD
    Rise of Islam ~ 600 AD
    Charlemagne ~ 700 AD
    CPU: i5-4690. RAM: 32Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 637Registered Users
    edited October 16
    I just want a historically accurate Tetrarchy dlc set in AD 311.

For a post Justinian reign campaign, they could do a dlc set in the reign of Justin II or Emperor Maurice. Those would be good ones showing the decline of the ERE and it's exposure to multiple enemies. The Rashidun Caliphate could be a late game event.

I hope they rework the grand campaign because it is so unhistorically inaccurate. Arcadius was about 18 and Honorius was about 11 or 10 years old at the start date and the Roman Empire was still powerful enough to defend it's territories.
    My completed (including campaigns that I consider completed) Campaigns:
    Rome 2:
    Gallic Roman Empire
    Seleucid Empire
    Aurelian's Roman Empire
    Attila:
    Eastern Roman Empire

Interesting ideas, although I am not sure from a cost, development and time standpoint that a large campaign pack is feasible. Maybe a mini campaign pack but I still think a culture pack is the most realistic. I think a Caucasian Mountain Culture Pack is very needed in the game as mentioned before. These particular factions could use some fleshing out more depth and uniqueness. This potential culture pack could also add certain Nomadic Steppe Factions.

I don't think anybody should give up hope in Attila possibly getting a final piece of dlc and fixing of any known issues with the game before the release of TK. CA does read the forums for our suggestions and ideas, so it is important for anybody to post what they think should be fixed or added to the game. After this upcoming DLC for Warhammer is released its possible CA may redirect their attention to both Rome 2 and Attila in possibly adding final updates if they are not quite done with these games yet.
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 409Registered Users
    At this point, I really cannot think of any further piece of DLC that Rome 2 needs. The game is beyond awesome. I would like to see Attila get fleshed out a bit more, then see the devs move on to TW3K.
    edited October 19
    Darios said:

At this point, I really cannot think of any further piece of DLC that Rome 2 needs. The game is beyond awesome. I would like to see Attila get fleshed out a bit more, then see the devs move on to TW3K.

The one thing I would really like to see added to Rome 2 is Ted and Terry Modding Tools. I think this would really increase modding options for that game. I don't think CA would release these tools by themselves but could release them alongside a DLC. Maybe a culture pack involving Britannic and Germanic Tribes. I also think any new repairs/additions for Attila would also be combined with a DLC. Hence the suggestion of a possible Caucasian Mountains culture pack which many of us think needs to be added anyway to complete the game.
    Post edited by AncientMedieval on
  • frozenmenbgfrozenmenbg Senior Member Posts: 754Registered Users
    edited October 21

A campaign DLC could be the rise of islam, as a link between Attila TW and Age of Charlemagne.

Attila ~ 400 AD
    Rise of Islam ~ 600 AD
    Charlemagne ~ 700 AD

Well this will be the best compromise

Rise of Christianity with Constantine - 300s - Grand Campaign and with 4 roman Factions and the huns dont have infinite stacks + not having Climate change DLC just like the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack was for Rome 2.

Attila - 400s

The Last Roman timeline - 500s Just Imagine a Modded campaigns on the Italian Wars + the Ottomans for Medieval Kingdoms 1212ad

Rise of Islam - after 634ad is a must with a campaign map focused on the Middle east,North Africa with Egypt, Cyrenaica , the Balkans and the lands north of the Black,Caspian and Aral seas with a Cameo of Tang China for Three Kingdoms. Just Imagine a Modded campaigns on the Crusades or the Mongol Invasions for Medieval Kingdoms 1212ad.

Charlemagne - 700s

And the only Faction Pack that can be Added to the Game is a reworked Sarmatian Nomadic Culture pack that can settle down.

- for example:
    1) the Avars -they are in the Grand Campaign as units like Avar Horde, Uar Warriors, Chosen Uar Warriors, Uar Archers

2) the Bulgarians - no brainer ofcorse...Creative Assembly Sofia know how bad the Bulgarians are represented in Attila Grand Campaign(with only 3 male Bulgarian names),or Age of Charlemagne... I dont have to tell them. They know it.

3)the Khazars - or the Ak-khazars(the white Khazars) who are already in the game represented in the Noble Acatziri Raiders unit.
    With all 3 being European looking Alanic factions with gameplay as the Alans with gameplay Dilemas events helping the Huns or going independant like the Last Roman DLC with the Roman Expedition.With a FLC the Red Huns with 2 stacks just south of the White Huns as starting position and at the end Attila will have 6 Hunnic+ sarmatian nomadic Factions

The Causasian Culture pack will be what in Gameplay? Factions with roman,Persian units + alans as some nomadic units + ambusher units? And What About their Cities as battle maps?? The Caucasus was the area where Roman,Sassanian and Barbarian type of cultures and archetecture of buildings and the cities intermingled and vice versa. With Armenia FLC and with gameplay Dilemas events siding with the Romans or the Persians? Thats why Its kinda hard for the Causasian factions to be done right gameplay and theme - there are so much gray colors around them to pick the right one.

And lastly Attila get less bugs than Rome 2 after patch 17 and the patches,DLCs after. CA PLZ
    This is my +FrozenmenBG+'s Collector's Rome 2 Overhaul Mod Pack Edition In top 8 Highest voted Mod compilations for Rome 2 in the Steam Workshop.

Check out The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting dates(395ad-681ad) mod coming soon to TW: Attila. It adds several new factions to the game with their unique rosters .
  • ESKEHLESKEHL Senior Member Posts: 476Registered Users
    This might not be an easy thing to do, but I would like to see a reworked campaign map.

The reason is simple; because some cultures are really boring to play as. The celts, The vikings forefathers and the slavic sides all are suffering from a lack of towns and AI factions in their direct vicinity when starting of a campaign.

For me as a scandinavian I can see that CA has ignored the gutes and the "swedes", two tribes which lived in Sweden at that time. I usually end up playing the major factions which for me is more fun because of this very reason.
  • frozenmenbgfrozenmenbg Senior Member Posts: 754Registered Users
    ESKEHL said:

This might not be an easy thing to do, but I would like to see a reworked campaign map.

The reason is simple; because some cultures are really boring to play as. The celts, The vikings forefathers and the slavic sides all are suffering from a lack of towns and AI factions in their direct vicinity when starting of a campaign.

For me as a scandinavian I can see that CA has ignored the gutes and the "swedes", two tribes which lived in Sweden at that time. I usually end up playing the major factions which for me is more fun because of this very reason.

Same thing. The celts, The vikings forefathers and the slavic sides are fine as home maps as sieges. The only problem I see are the pagan shrines like stonehendge in the barbarian city maps.The rest of them fits ok for them. The thing is it will probably never happen due to CA's pragmatic aproach.

About the expansion of the map scandinavia is bad.If only there were 1''Norway'', 2 more in Sweden would have been Fine. The Baltic sea is in thegame but there are no reasons going there even as the viking factions.1 more province in Near Estonia would have been also a neat thing.

Same thing is if the map goes east ofMerv and harev just like in Rome 2 with 1-2 provinces but I know it this will never happen.

This is my +FrozenmenBG+'s Collector's Rome 2 Overhaul Mod Pack Edition In top 8 Highest voted Mod compilations for Rome 2 in the Steam Workshop.

Check out The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting dates(395ad-681ad) mod coming soon to TW: Attila. It adds several new factions to the game with their unique rosters .
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 214Registered Users
    edited November 8
    Well they said that there will be news for ALL Total War Games. They don´t said it woult only be for the latest games or so.

I only can think of some overall general patch like if they add a UI Scale to all older Games that don´t have one- but nothing bigger than this.
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 629Registered Users

Attila ~ 400 AD
    Rise of Islam ~ 600 AD
    Charlemagne ~ 700 AD

A campaign about the Rise of Islam would be nice but I'm not sure if CA has enough courage to create it. We had a big controversy just because there were some women in Rome 2. If CA creates a campaign about Muslims invading Europe, there will be another riot involving the...conservative... members of this community.
    On the other hand, the game should not include Muhammad as a character because some...conservative... people may feel offended; the campaign should start only after Muhammad's death.
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 214Registered Users
    edited November 9
    Boicote said:

Attila ~ 400 AD
    Rise of Islam ~ 600 AD
    Charlemagne ~ 700 AD

A campaign about the Rise of Islam would be nice but I'm not sure if CA has enough courage to create it. We had a big controversy just because there were some women in Rome 2. If CA creates a campaign about Muslims invading Europe, there will be another riot involving the...conservative... members of this community.
    On the other hand, the game should not include Muhammad as a character because some...conservative... people may feel offended; the campaign should start only after Muhammad's death.
    I don´t think that people have a problem with historical accurate gameplay. It never was in Rome 2. Woman in tribes was not the point. But the female generals for some nations They would have a problem when a muslim woman leads her army to europe -because this never happened. In general a muslim invasion is not the problem. It has nothing to do with beeing conservative...
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 688Registered Users
    edited November 9
    You are completely missing the point but that's okay.
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 629Registered Users
    I was being provocative ;). We live in a world with extreme views and it looks like that moderate people are rare these days.

Because of that, I truly believe that CA doesn't have courage to create a Rise of Islam campaign because this could be a sensitive subject for some people.

Anyway, we already have a Muslim faction in Age of Charlemagne and it's fun to play as them. It's interesting to create an alternative History, in which the Muslim conquer all Europe.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 637Registered Users
    After thinking on it, I would like to see a dlc campaign set during the reign of Constantius II if they don't make a tetrarchy dlc first. Perhaps during the 330s or the 350s. I mainly say this since the reign of Constantius was turbulent. With Sassanid, Barbarian invasions and civil war occurring in the Empire.
    My completed (including campaigns that I consider completed) Campaigns:
    Rome 2:
    Gallic Roman Empire
    Seleucid Empire
    Aurelian's Roman Empire
    Attila:
    Eastern Roman Empire

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 16,095Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Thread is closed as it is searching in unproductive areas for conversation.

From the Forum Terms & Conditions:
    5.2b All history is, to some degree, the received view of those who record, recount or interpret it. When discussing culture, faction or country we expect a very high calibre of rationale. Expressions of nationalism or racism will not be tolerated. Any thread that has deviated from its course will be closed.

10.2 We do not accept any discussions regarding religion, politics, race, sexuality, morality, etc. except when referring to a game mechanics/situation or to a historical situation effecting game portrayal. Even under these circumstances, the bar is set very high. Expect these sorts of threads to have short leashes, or short lives.

Thanks,

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.