Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

VCoast not looking so good anymore

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,259Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Nyxilis said:

SiWI said:

Enforest said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

well first of all we only know 1 female, the other one is assume to be female because of the fan but does look a bit bulky doesn't it.

And while I wouldn't argue Vangheist, I would argue against Skretch.

Skaven have no business being undead, thats a human thing.

Nagash, The Witch Hunter Books and Dreadfleet all disagree with you. Zombieslayer also disagrees because of undead Beastmen and an undead Slayer.
    funny enough, GW seem to agree with me since they never bothered to do any non human undead in the TT.

But on ascetics alone they don't fit.

Vampires have clear 17th century aesthetics and skaven have NONE of that.
    SiWI said:

I really a bit buff that people are seem to be shocked that 4 LL for ZP means that red shirts get promoted...

even the most prominent of ZP LL is a pretty much an outsider TT wise, with no Armybook or model in the 8th.

And you've just defeated yourself with your own statement. This DLC is based on VCoast White Dwarf and Dreadfleet. Character list has nothing to do with 8th edition.

Skretch has all the reasons to be with VCoast, he had his own special ship made of a corpse of undead moster with jurry-rigged lightning cannons and bell on top of it. Don't get me started on Vangheist even.

People are shocked because it is plain bad choice by CA and the fact that Ghorst and Tretch has not taught them anything.
    except that they still should follow the base ascetics of a race and lets be clear: the WD Zp were never a "own" race, but a sub faction/race of the VC.

Skretch is a skaven which would, to be "logical", demand skaven units. Undead skaven even.
    Not only clashes that with the basic design of Vampires in Warhammer, but it makes the ZP which are obscure already, a wierd mix of things that don't fit together.

Also what exactly should have CA learned from Ghorst or Tretch? did it effect sales or reviews in a measurable way? I kinda doubt that.

Vangheits is a different beast and would be perhaps better then what ever LL 4 is, but it is kinda interesting that people kinda base part of they outrage on the non fact that LL4 is female.

This is some twisted logic, Skaven wouldn't demand having a skaven army. Zombies are not friends, they're tools. Fodder to throw at your enemy and even amongst skaven slaves there are supposed to be captured humans it just wasn't represented because of the cost of making them that different.

Also Gorst and Tretch are irrelevant to this conversation. By the time both of them came out you already had the game for most of us. But if you think if CA said if they could go back and time and switch Tretch for another skaven lord many skaven fans wouldn't?
    Well first, a single undead skaven would be a bit odd, wouldn't it.

Unless he was always alone, which is bit unlikely given that he is a skaven.
    It is not that odd as GW is absentmindedly just doing whatever fits their fancy.

No female Imperial Guard model doesn't mean there are no women in Imperial Guard, just that GW can't be bothered to care.

And even then you can say the Maelstrom affected Skretch in some way since he's apparently still somehow conscious.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,979Registered Users
    Warlocke said:

O the injustice! O the inhumanity! O the tragedy of outrageous fortune! Curse your cruel black hearts, CA! Vie, Vie, Vie! Never shall we forget this bleak hour! One day, in a better world when the beleaguered, downtrodden sex of men has cast of its shackles of subjugation and restored itself from ignominious bondage, we shall have vengeance! Mark my words! You have been warned, CA! Your transgressions towards us shall be repaid tenfold!

I mean really!? Replacing a couple of insignificant, obscure male characters with slightly more obscure, margainally less significant characters, only to make women feel a bit more included in our man-fun or maybe just for anybody who would appreciate some variety? What kind of Gulag are you running here?

o___o

I bet you find yourself funny.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 4,945Registered Users
    yatta yatta, all talks and 4 weeks from now I’d be happy to see all the people who speculated the wrong will make an apology post. Of course not.

tl;dr. Best for everyone now is to just forget about the fact that DLC exists and start talking only at release after having played it or at the very least when the first let’s play comes out. Literally 0 reason both from personal and social point of view to be a downer with 0 data at hand.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users

I've got an idea, let's see who it is before crying.

Your not from the net, are you.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,990Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Nyxilis said:

SiWI said:

Enforest said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

well first of all we only know 1 female, the other one is assume to be female because of the fan but does look a bit bulky doesn't it.

Nagash, The Witch Hunter Books and Dreadfleet all disagree with you. Zombieslayer also disagrees because of undead Beastmen and an undead Slayer.
    funny enough, GW seem to agree with me since they never bothered to do any non human undead in the TT.

SiWI said:

I really a bit buff that people are seem to be shocked that 4 LL for ZP means that red shirts get promoted...

even the most prominent of ZP LL is a pretty much an outsider TT wise, with no Armybook or model in the 8th.

And you've just defeated yourself with your own statement. This DLC is based on VCoast White Dwarf and Dreadfleet. Character list has nothing to do with 8th edition.

Skretch has all the reasons to be with VCoast, he had his own special ship made of a corpse of undead moster with jurry-rigged lightning cannons and bell on top of it. Don't get me started on Vangheist even.

People are shocked because it is plain bad choice by CA and the fact that Ghorst and Tretch has not taught them anything.
    except that they still should follow the base ascetics of a race and lets be clear: the WD Zp were never a "own" race, but a sub faction/race of the VC.

Skretch is a skaven which would, to be "logical", demand skaven units. Undead skaven even.
    Not only clashes that with the basic design of Vampires in Warhammer, but it makes the ZP which are obscure already, a wierd mix of things that don't fit together.

Also what exactly should have CA learned from Ghorst or Tretch? did it effect sales or reviews in a measurable way? I kinda doubt that.

Vangheits is a different beast and would be perhaps better then what ever LL 4 is, but it is kinda interesting that people kinda base part of they outrage on the non fact that LL4 is female.

This is some twisted logic, Skaven wouldn't demand having a skaven army. Zombies are not friends, they're tools. Fodder to throw at your enemy and even amongst skaven slaves there are supposed to be captured humans it just wasn't represented because of the cost of making them that different.

Also Gorst and Tretch are irrelevant to this conversation. By the time both of them came out you already had the game for most of us. But if you think if CA said if they could go back and time and switch Tretch for another skaven lord many skaven fans wouldn't?

Also can you read the comments I reply to?
    He brought up Ghorst and Tretch, not me.
    The point of the Vampire Coast is the collect up what is out at see. Humans & elves overwhelmingly have the most fleets so goes to say most of your zombies are gonna be human.
  • Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Posts: 957Registered Users

Oh thank god more CHUDs writing screeds about WYMYN in my VIDEO GAMES DAMN YOU CA

This is just what I wanted after the Rome thing

congratulations on missing the point.

People are at least worried about Arnessa Saltspite because they want her to be in a HUMAN Pirate faction because she isn't an undead, shouldnt be an undead, and Sartosa also Shouldnt be undead.

People dislike whoever the other silhouette is because there are LORE characters that could fill the role. And it just gets worse if instead of a thematically fitting Lore or even TT game character to fill the role they dig out a character like the Comtessa at worst and one of the other suggested characters THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PIRACY and are more or less small lore notes.

Then there is the idea of the character being the "Siren of the Storms", a CA original Syreen LL. Nice idea, but again: the role of an ethereal hero, unless maybe as wizard, could be filled by a Lore and TT character: Captain Varngheist of the Dreadfleet.

It's about more or less established characters VS Lore (foot) notes and new creations.

Similiar outcries were raised against Helman Ghorst ("WHO? WHO IS THAT GUY?!? WHY GHORST AND NOT KONRAD? OR ABHORASH? OR NEFERTA?!!"), Tretch Craventrail ("WHY TRETCH AND NOT THANQUOL? IKIT CLAW? THROT?") and Alberic de Bordelaux ("WHY ALBERIC? WHO IS THAT GUY? WHY NOT BOHEMOND THE BEASTSLAYER? OR MALLOBAUDE?").

It's not really about thse characters women, though itcan be about thembeing added to the roster BECAUSE they are women and therefore are chosen over characters that FIT the the Faction. ZOMBIE PIRATES OF THE VAMPIRE COAST with Dreadfleet elements. Arnessa Saltspite was neither a Zombie nor a vampire. But it seems she turns either into a Vampre or gets nectromantic abiliteis.
    Don't worry the point will still be missed. Saltspite being female doesn't matter on its own.

It matters because there were other accurate characters who could have been added. That would have been loreful.

And her being added because she is female (not saying that's why she was) would be the only reason her gender would matter. Because that's placing some weird balance against justice to the material.

At the end of the day it comes down to loreful characters Vs not loreful, their gender matters only so far as trying to work out why that choice has been made. Hopefully CA will talk us through their thinking when announced
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,197Registered Users
    Crossil said:

SiWI said:

Nyxilis said:

SiWI said:

Enforest said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

It is not that odd as GW is absentmindedly just doing whatever fits their fancy.

No female Imperial Guard model doesn't mean there are no women in Imperial Guard, just that GW can't be bothered to care.
    yeah except what line does a guard codex start with?
    "The Men and Women of the guard"?

The literature is also quite different. Female guard members are mention quite frequently, include a example of a female commissar.

And even then you can say the Maelstrom affected Skretch in some way since he's apparently still somehow conscious.

I don't care about suppose argument of skretch conscious or he suppose puppet status of Notilus.

I care that my vampires and skaven don#t get mixed together.
    it also scares and confusing them.

Next thing you know that start to glitter and be in weird love triangles.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,024Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

That's not really necessary, we can already see who it's not and that's cause enough for concern since literally anyone else would be less worthy of inclusion.
    Say who? You and a few others? CA can't just take how popular a character is they also have to attempt to make them different. Now I know some of you are obsessed with CA adding too many females but it is getting kind of tedious now.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,998Registered Users
    Warlocke said:

O the injustice! O the inhumanity! O the tragedy of outrageous fortune! Curse your cruel black hearts, CA! Vie, Vie, Vie! Never shall we forget this bleak hour! One day, in a better world when the beleaguered, downtrodden sex of men has cast of its shackles of subjugation and restored itself from ignominious bondage, we shall have vengeance! Mark my words! You have been warned, CA! Your transgressions towards us shall be repaid tenfold!

I mean really!? Replacing a couple of insignificant, obscure male characters with slightly more obscure, margainally less significant characters, only to make women feel a bit more included in our man-fun or maybe just for anybody who would appreciate some variety? What kind of Gulag are you running here?

o___o

If they're all that obscure and insignificant anyway, why go through the trouble of making them a campaign pack in the first place? Just have them be a 2 LL race pack with Harkon and Noctilus and give the campaign pack to another race? A race where at least one female LL actually fits? And where the female LL for this campaign pack would actually be more at home?

SiWI said:

Crossil said:

SiWI said:

Nyxilis said:

SiWI said:

Enforest said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

yeah except what line does a guard codex start with?
    "The Men and Women of the guard"?

The literature is also quite different. Female guard members are mention quite frequently, include a example of a female commissar.

I don't care about suppose argument of skretch conscious or he suppose puppet status of Notilus.

I care that my vampires and skaven don#t get mixed together.
    it also scares and confusing them.

Next thing you know that start to glitter and be in weird love triangles.
    Absurd, nor how necromancy in lore has ever worked. Nor at they your skaven and your vampires.

Warhammer vampires will raise whatever they can to win. Sylvania had to defeat a Skaven invasion that washed over most of the empire and they did by raising legions of skaven to use against them to remove skaven's advantage of numbers. Meaning by the time the conflict was done they had thousands of skaven in their armies.

Warhammer dead do not care for your need to separate your foods on your plate.

ben8vtedu said:

That's not really necessary, we can already see who it's not and that's cause enough for concern since literally anyone else would be less worthy of inclusion.
    Say who? You and a few others? CA can't just take how popular a character is they also have to attempt to make them different. Now I know some of you are obsessed with CA adding too many females but it is getting kind of tedious now.
    to be fair to them:
    it is not all about females but the hacking order of "important" characters.
    Thou that differs from case to case.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 747Registered Users

ben8vtedu said:

Really? We have whole threads explaining why we are concerned and you still managed to miss the point and say because "too many female"?

That takes some effort on your part...
  • DeathboundDeathbound Posts: 89Registered Users
    I do feel people are overlooking that ghosts and zombies can't raise the dead in Warhammer. Vampires on the other hand have an inherent ability to peform necromancy. I was pretty sure the other LLs would always be obscure vampires/necromancers.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,591Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

Actually, the point was that I find a group of people with a particular set of unreasonable grievances but a propensity to rebuke SJWs for their “grievance culture” and “victim olympics” with the constraint refrain that nobody cares about their feelings very funny. Almost hilarious, in fact.
    ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

Actually, the point was that I find a group of people with a particular set of unreasonable grievances but a propensity to rebuke SJWs for their “grievance culture” and “victim olympics” with the constraint refrain that nobody cares about their feelings very funny. Almost hilarious, in fact.
    You know what is more hilarious? You completely missing the point and trying to act smart while doing that.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

You know what is more hilarious? You completely missing the point and trying to act smart while doing that.
    Oh, I completely got the point. It wasn’t complicated. Just dumb.
    ò_ó
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users
    AHAHAHAHAH now this thread is going places.

I've said forever this forum is full of people who are unhinged.
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,358Registered Users
    ColonelDF said:

You're **** incels. You hate woman and you idiots are trying to pretend your worried about the lore, because you hate girls. Dogs of War and Arabay fans, i'm very happy you aren't getting what you want, because you're sociopaths. That same sociopaths who harrasesd Ella.

**** digusting.

lol way to deflect with an insult. Calm down pink hair, you will have your shot if you focused on arguments instead of acting like a 10 years old throwing a tantrum. The point is that there is a difference between CA remake on characters and picking the bottom of the barrel because of ''boobs''. Isabella made perfect sense in DoW if they decided to do DoW for instance.
    KronusX said:

ColonelDF said:

You're **** incels. You hate woman and you idiots are trying to pretend your worried about the lore, because you hate girls. Dogs of War and Arabay fans, i'm very happy you aren't getting what you want, because you're sociopaths. That same sociopaths who harrasesd Ella.

**** digusting.

lol way to deflect with an insult. Calm down pink hair, you will have your shot if you focused on arguments instead of acting like a 10 years old throwing a tantrum. The point is that there is a difference between CA remake on characters and picking the bottom of the barrel because of ''boobs''. Isabella made perfect sense in DoW if they decided to do DoW for instance.
    Isabella?
    I think you mean someone else...
    ben8vtedu said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

If they're all that obscure and insignificant anyway, why go through the trouble of making them a campaign pack in the first place? Just have them be a 2 LL race pack with Harkon and Noctilus and give the campaign pack to another race? A race where at least one female LL actually fits? And where the female LL for this campaign pack would actually be more at home?
    “I’d rather have nothing than a woman who was slightly out of place.”

Well, maybe some people wouldn’t rather have nothing. Since there are several options for who to pick, you would think everybody would be happy, but I guess that just isn’t enough.
    ò_ó
  • bayesbayes Senior Member Posts: 343Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    You guys are the only one hyper focused on women here. Noone mentioned the fact that they were women expect you. CA has a past of adding characters that arent as "important" as others, women or not. They are going to add what they want.
    Warlocke said:

ben8vtedu said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

“I’d rather have nothing than a woman who was slightly out of place.”

Well, maybe some people wouldn’t rather have nothing. Since there are several options for who to pick, you would think everybody would be happy, but I guess that just isn’t enough.
    These trolls have really crawled out of the wood work lately. Guys, just ignore it and stop feeding it and return to the regularly scheduled point of this thread.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,788Registered Users
    ColonelDF said:

**** digusting.

You're the kind of guy that makes normal people start hating people that actually want to help with Social Injustices.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 15,936Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    You're mad about having 2 female LL's before we even know we have 1. You're a little exited and are mad too early.

Lets assume you're right though. What's the big deal? Everybody the VC2 can have is a nobody. They're no names. None of them are more important than any other because none of them are important period. What's important is giving the greatest variety and playstyles. The idea that having nobody number 1 instead of nobody number 5 would ruin the DLC simply doesn't make sense.

The implication that they've been picked because they're female is also quite off.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    bayes said:

You guys are the only one hyper focused on women here. Noone mentioned the fact that they were women expect you. CA has a past of adding characters that arent as "important" than others, women or not. They are going to add what they want.

“I cannot believe that CA would prioritize adding 2 female LL's over lore and logic.“
    ò_ó
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Posts: 213Registered Users
    ColonelDF said:

**** digusting.

great...from over sensitive,overreacting nut jobs from rome 2 to a psychopathic sjw/feminist in this thread.I wish these two cultural nut-jobe political movements just off each other and leaves alone.Almoste **** 5 years of bs outrage mobs....the funny part is there two halfes of the same coin.
    Ah, the trolls came out with strawmen and reverse blaming the vocal community instead of normal discussion with actual facts. Should have known better.

• Green0Green0 Posts: 4,945Registered Users
    can a mod maybe close this thread? As a woman (joking lol) it offends me. Quite predictable that such a thread would derail, too, considering it totally lacks subject-matter...
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,788Registered Users
    edited October 2018

You're mad about having 2 female LL's before we even know we have 1. You're a little exited and are mad too early.

Lets assume you're right though. What's the big deal? Everybody the VC2 can have is a nobody. They're no names. None of them are more important than any other because none of them are important period. What's important is giving the greatest variety and playstyles.

The implication that they've been picked because they're female is also quite off.

Because there is a difference between "having lore no name" and literally "Only name given no-name" (the Comtessa, a Von Carstein without any connection piracy) and "having no connection to piracy whatsoever no name" (that other Vampiress tat was shown somewhere here, Silver lady or whatever with 2 sides of lore, none f which relate to piracy) and "Having lore no name but none that makes sense to put her into a ZOMBIE PIRATE FACTION, one of it's LLs being the Guy she sailed against!" (Saltspite) or "Made up, new character instead of more or less established character". (Siren of the Storms)

We wouldnt mind Arnessa being added (maybe alongside Jaego Roth) for SARTOSA with living Pirates.

Also "before we know we even have one"? You mean aside her being seen in the artwork and one of the black silhouettes perfectly matching Arnessa Saltspite, down to the weapon and the sawfish saw legs?

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,257Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    Warlocke said:

o___o

hard to tell if you are THAT dense, or if you are just trying to fish for likes to stroke your e-peen with your "equality in games BS" either way.. pretty poor attempt at both.

This has NOTHING to do with men and women "equality" in a warhammer fantasy game.
This discussion has been closed.