Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

VCoast not looking so good anymore

124»

Comments

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    Skretch has a skaven crew. I guess he would have worked as maybe a 50-50 lord...

Sadly, I think this thread is going to close. I don't understand why people are arguing so vehemently for "loreful characters" for a cobbled together race. The male/female thing? The vast majority of characters are male. Game 3 will likely have far more males than females as well. If CA and GW see an opportunity to add a few female characters to this minor race, fair play in my book. It certainly makes sense. Women still exist in this setting, you know.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 707Registered Users

You're mad about having 2 female LL's before we even know we have 1. You're a little exited and are mad too early.

Lets assume you're right though. What's the big deal? Everybody the VC2 can have is a nobody. They're no names. None of them are more important than any other because none of them are important period. What's important is giving the greatest variety and playstyles. The idea that having nobody number 1 instead of nobody number 5 would ruin the DLC simply doesn't make sense.

The implication that they've been picked because they're female is also quite off.

I personally don't care about a no name Vampire lord be it male or female.
    What I absolut hate is putting a Character in a faction he doesn't belong to. Of course it doesn't help when you have more fitting and known candidates...

Saltspite is no undead and it is lore breaking making her one. Like I said in another thread, make her the LL for living pirate faction and I am happy. Otherwise is an absolute no go.

• Fuzzybeard3Fuzzybeard3 Posts: 91Registered Users
    edited October 2018

Yes Im sad too. Cant wait to be called a nazi, for wanting a cool manly Ghost Captain instead of a disney Villain-nobody character. :'(

The rome 2 review bombing debacle should have been a major warning sign about forcing female characters in. If you going to to it make sure it makes sense. Like adding neferata as her own faction in the silver pinnacle. Saltspite literally makes no sense in a dlc titled "curse of the vampire coast" a all undead faction. Vanghiest would have been a much more interesting choice since he's actually undead.
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,886Registered Users
    ColonelDF said:

Enforest said:

Ah, the trolls came out with strawmen and reverse blaming the vocal community instead of normal discussion with actual facts. Should have known better.

Because you hate **** woman, and you're precious Empire fantasism trumps not hurting them. Sociopath
    This is honestly a very poor attempt of trolling and making "SJWs" look bad. I refuse to believe that you're serious.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,137Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    ben8vtedu said:

Warlocke said:

O the injustice! O the inhumanity! O the tragedy of outrageous fortune! Curse your cruel black hearts, CA! Vie, Vie, Vie! Never shall we forget this bleak hour! One day, in a better world when the beleaguered, downtrodden sex of men has cast of its shackles of subjugation and restored itself from ignominious bondage, we shall have vengeance! Mark my words! You have been warned, CA! Your transgressions towards us shall be repaid tenfold!

I mean really!? Replacing a couple of insignificant, obscure male characters with slightly more obscure, margainally less significant characters, only to make women feel a bit more included in our man-fun or maybe just for anybody who would appreciate some variety? What kind of Gulag are you running here?

o___o

If they're all that obscure and insignificant anyway, why go through the trouble of making them a campaign pack in the first place? Just have them be a 2 LL race pack with Harkon and Noctilus and give the campaign pack to another race? A race where at least one female LL actually fits? And where the female LL for this campaign pack would actually be more at home?
    Maybe they should've done 2 race packs:
    Vampire Coast: Harkon (Vampire Coast) and Noctilus (Maelstrom),, with Drekla, Varngheist, Krench and the Siren of the Storms as Special Lords unlock able in the tech tree

Sartosa: Jaego Roth (starting in sartosa) and Arnessa (starting in a new island, maybe called "Saltspites lair" with their Dreadfleet/Grand Alliance Characters as part of the tech tree
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,790Registered Users

Yes Im sad too. Cant wait to be called a nazi, for wanting a cool manly Ghost Captain instead of a disney Villain-nobody character. :'(

The rome 2 review bombing debacle should have been a major warning sign about forcing female characters in. If you going to to it make sure it makes sense. Like adding neferata as her own faction in the silver pinnacle. Saltspite literally makes no sense in a dlc titled "curse of the vampire coast" a all undead faction. Vanghiest would have been a much more interesting choice since he's actually undead.
    Not about that, it's about the character should be in another faction and living. Plenty have called for Elspeth Von Draken for the Empire, or Neferata. And people were happy to get Khalida. But Khalida came for her appropriate faction, the Tomb Kings. If you had put her in with the Vampire Counts then yeah, people would have been upset. Same for male characters, if you put Alith Anar into the DE people would have also been upset. It's not about what they are but whom they are supposed to be with.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,137Registered Users
    Nyxilis said:

Not about that, it's about the character should be in another faction and living. Plenty have called for Elspeth Von Draken for the Empire, or Neferata. And people were happy to get Khalida. But Khalida came for her appropriate faction, the Tomb Kings. If you had put her in with the Vampire Counts then yeah, people would have been upset. Same for male characters, if you put Alith Anar into the DE people would have also been upset. It's not about what they are but whom they are supposed to be with.
    I'd like to see Elspeth von Draken, but if we get her over Boris and Marius, I'll raise a tantrum...
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,589Registered Users
    Rochaid29 said:

Warlocke said:

O the injustice! O the inhumanity! O the tragedy of outrageous fortune! Curse your cruel black hearts, CA! Vie, Vie, Vie! Never shall we forget this bleak hour! One day, in a better world when the beleaguered, downtrodden sex of men has cast of its shackles of subjugation and restored itself from ignominious bondage, we shall have vengeance! Mark my words! You have been warned, CA! Your transgressions towards us shall be repaid tenfold!

I mean really!? Replacing a couple of insignificant, obscure male characters with slightly more obscure, margainally less significant characters, only to make women feel a bit more included in our man-fun or maybe just for anybody who would appreciate some variety? What kind of Gulag are you running here?

o___o

hard to tell if you are THAT dense, or if you are just trying to fish for likes to stroke your e-peen with your "equality in games BS" either way.. pretty poor attempt at both.

This has NOTHING to do with men and women "equality" in a warhammer fantasy game.
    I never advocated for equality. I’m not advocating anything. I’m using overkill to highlight absurdity and cast derision at people making a mountain out of a molehill.
    ò_ó
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,953Registered Users
    All of us that care about the lore are just sexist man haters for wanting Skaven characters that mattered instead of Tretch too.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,911Registered Users

Nyxilis said:

I'd like to see Elspeth von Draken, but if we get her over Boris and Marius, I'll raise a tantrum...
    I'm more of Army Book Lords first and then Lore/Forgeworld characters which does push characters like Ariel (as she's not 8th) and Von Draken back but hopefully lets stuff like Sisters of Twilight in.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,643Registered Users

You're mad about having 2 female LL's before we even know we have 1. You're a little exited and are mad too early.

Lets assume you're right though. What's the big deal? Everybody the VC2 can have is a nobody. They're no names. None of them are more important than any other because none of them are important period. What's important is giving the greatest variety and playstyles. The idea that having nobody number 1 instead of nobody number 5 would ruin the DLC simply doesn't make sense.

The implication that they've been picked because they're female is also quite off.

What I absolut hate is putting a Character in a faction he doesn't belong to. Of course it doesn't help when you have more fitting and known candidates...

Saltspite is no undead and it is lore breaking making her one. Like I said in another thread, make her the LL for living pirate faction and I am happy. Otherwise is an absolute no go.

The obvious problem with that being we don't know if they've done that. All this strikes me as getting mad too early. We don't know if its her and we don't know how she'll be implemented.

Remember, none of this is lore breaking as it's approved by GW. It can't be lore breaking, it is at worst lore changing approved by the company which owns the lore.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 707Registered Users

ben8vtedu said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

If they're all that obscure and insignificant anyway, why go through the trouble of making them a campaign pack in the first place? Just have them be a 2 LL race pack with Harkon and Noctilus and give the campaign pack to another race? A race where at least one female LL actually fits? And where the female LL for this campaign pack would actually be more at home?
    Maybe they should've done 2 race packs:
    Vampire Coast: Harkon (Vampire Coast) and Noctilu (Maelstrom),, with Drekla, Varngheist, Krench and the Siren of the Storms as Special Lords unlock able in the tech tree

Sartosa: Jaego Roth (starting in sartosa) and Arnessa (starting in a new island, maybe called "Saltspites lair" with their Dreadfleet/Grand Alliance Characters as part of the tech tree
    CA please notice this gentleman, THIS would be awesome.
  • bayesbayes Senior Member Posts: 335Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    There being a discussion about what characters "should" be added going by certain metrics is interesting, and usually pops up when we see characters like ghorst being added. However once there are women involved CA has all the sudden developed some kind of agenda. Atleast wait until we know who the unknown lord is and the detail about saltspite.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,953Registered Users
    Warlocke said:

Rochaid29 said:

Warlocke said:

o___o

hard to tell if you are THAT dense, or if you are just trying to fish for likes to stroke your e-peen with your "equality in games BS" either way.. pretty poor attempt at both.

This has NOTHING to do with men and women "equality" in a warhammer fantasy game.
    I never advocated for equality. I’m not advocating anything. I’m using overkill to highlight absurdity and cast derision at people making a mountain out of a molehill.
    These responses aren't surprising. No different than if they'd added a random Araby LL to the TK campaign pack and just gave him a TK roster.

Almost like when you announce the Vampire Coast and then just throw in a random mortal woman nobody who isn't deeply invested in lore has even heard about before people go "wtf".
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • JDog91JDog91 Junior Member Posts: 483Registered Users
    Oh good lord just be happy that we got vampire coast in the first place, it's clearly an obscure and minor race and it didn't even need to be half as fleshed out as CA have made them.

If you're not keen on the two other legendary lords then just don't play as those particular lords, or kill them for their traits and wipe their faction off the map. I mean how can you be unhappy, we're getting count freakin noctilus.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,790Registered Users

The obvious problem with that being we don't know if they've done that. All this strikes me as getting mad too early. We don't know if its her and we don't know how she'll be implemented.

Remember, none of this is lore breaking as it's approved by GW. It can't be lore breaking, it is at worst lore changing approved by the company which owns the lore.
    People didn't much like most of End Times either. You can still tell a creator company they did bad. Unless you think Jar Jar who is official canon was a good addition to Star Wars and they are above criticism.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,184Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Closed with prejudice. Not even going to try to clean it up. I'd be the rest of the day giving warnings and infractions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.