Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I won't buy this dlc unless...

ShadowOmenShadowOmen Posts: 59Registered Users
I won't buy this dlc unless CA takes more time to change the horrible Noctilus' model, especially for those terrible spikes/horns copypasted from Mannfred.

Look how marvellous he is in this picture with his sea themed spikes. He looks like a real Monster!!
From now on i will boycot the CA's art departement, cause seen how lazy and incompetent the artists are the only thing they reserve is to be blamed. Also I pretend some excuses from CA bacause of its lazy artists.

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 3,066Registered Users
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,507Registered Users
    Huh I wish people were supporting me back when I complained about certain models.

While we are on the topic.

Change Mannfred head for one in VC reveal trailer.

Fix Vlad face instead of zombie make him look like bat (refer to artworks)

Grave Guard are generic looking and also Black Knights should have different model and textures, on TT they have different look.

I would also add some varieties and replace Vampire Lord model, some with hairs, perhaps adding Blood Dragon Lord.

Banshee also looks mehh comparing to older models and artwork.

I would also change Etheral models, Cairn Wraiths with no glow just tattered black burial robes. Hexwraiths also similar remove green glow and add more Balefire around them.

I am on phone and in rush so might add some more later.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,255Registered Users
    edited October 11
    Dude, you may not like their interpretation, but calling their art department lazy is beyond ridiculous. They have made this game look great, and made units that had crap miniatures in the TT look great in game.

I also think Noctilus artwork is much better than his in game model, but to call their art department incompetent sounds like your throwing a temper tantrum and makes your whole point dismissible.
  • FEARtheMooseFEARtheMoose Junior Member Posts: 123Registered Users
    i cant really see any significant difference between your pic and the one of him here - https://academy.totalwar.com/vampire-coast/

Colour tone is different, but otherwise he has all the same spikes and stuffs..........
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,321Registered Users
    Aren't te spikes a signature thing for von carsteins?
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 80Registered Users
    I think they did a pretty good job with him
    edited October 11
    I was initially disappointed but I think the angle is to blame. I just saw his lord selection cut scene and he looks much cooler than I thought he did at first.

I’d still like a more vampiric/deathly skin tone, but oh well.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 3,066Registered Users
    He has the spikes he has in the art he doesn't however have floating swivel spirits and is severly lacking in the moss/sea weed department. No one ever mentions the sea weed.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • ShadowOmenShadowOmen Posts: 59Registered Users

i cant really see any significant difference between your pic and the one of him here - https://academy.totalwar.com/vampire-coast/

Colour tone is different, but otherwise he has all the same spikes and stuffs..........

No you are completely wrong. The spikes form the art are more similar to coral or some limestone formation, elements tha emphasize the pirate and sea themes. Instead the horrible spikes form the model are simply copypasted from Mannfred, and all of this it's because of some lazy artist.
  • JuroslavJuroslav Senior Member Posts: 265Registered Users
    Well... At least you will save some money :)
    LOVE FOR DIPLOMACY!!! :)
    RikRiorik said:

He has the spikes he has in the art he doesn't however have floating swivel spirits and is severly lacking in the moss/sea weed department. No one ever mentions the sea weed.

Also the sea weed but the spike are a sympton of CA's lazyness.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 279Registered Users
    Seriously, you are either the pickiest individual in the world, in which case you must be fun at parties, or are just trolling.

Two seconds looking at Mannfred's model will tell you that they arent even the same spikes.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 443Registered Users
    Good, don't buy it.
  • ASyrianASyrian Posts: 93Registered Users
    Nope, it looks great even the sealife on his shoulder is interpretation but exactly what he needs.
    Sorry bro you are wrong
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 9,008Registered Users
    edited October 11
    It's hugely disrespectful and rude to throw insults at CA's art team. These are people you're talking about. While it's fine to dislike and criticize their work it's entirely another to personally attack them. It's way over the line, and frankly it makes any sort of reasonable discussion impossible because you've started it by hurling insults.
    Game 3 must come with Demons as 1 undivided race as a core with any Monogod races only as DLC. Anything less will only hurt the game.

It's a fact that game 2 is superior to game 1. Steam reviews prove this.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,702Registered Users
    edited October 11

I was initially disappointed but I think the angle is to blame. I just saw his lord selection cut scene and he looks much cooler than I thought he did at first.

The only thing that "annoy" me. is just the mouth being more distant of the jaw thing in CA model than the artwork version.

maybe it just because the mouth is close. I would love to see his fangs, like in the art.

I looking into see the 3D in combat before giving a more detailed opinion.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
    Fangs would be very cool.

Btw he has all the spikes from the artwork
    Rikis said:

Seriously, you are either the pickiest individual in the world, in which case you must be fun at parties, or are just trolling.

Two seconds looking at Mannfred's model will tell you that they arent even the same spikes.

Lot of people here say that are copypasted, just look at the announcement thread.
  • SnotfaceSnotface Member Posts: 739Registered Users
    The art you linked looks terrible. The CA one is much better.

Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'
    ASyrian said:

Copypasted sorry the don't look like the ones on the art which are more coherent with the sea theme.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Posts: 659Registered Users
    People are complaining about his spikes?

Did Dreadfleet sell a lot more copies than I thought, or are people just desperate to moan about something?
    edited October 11
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 13,333Registered Users
    edited October 11
    Well, then don't. If such a minor complaint repulses you already, the game might not be for you.

Harkovast said:

Did Dreadfleet sell a lot more copies than I thought, or are people just desperate to moan about something?

If you are here just to bash this thread you should go away.
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 573Registered Users
    Harkovast said:

Weeks ago, barely anyone here knew or cared about Dreadfleet. Then suddenly you get all these buggers jumping in complaining about lore and design butchery. What a forum.

ASyrian said:

Copypasted sorry the don't look like the ones on the art which are more coherent with the sea theme.
    There is no seatheme on them
    Srsly whats ur problem dude

Harkovast said:

If you are here just to bash this thread you should go away.
    Sounds like he’s here to disagree with you. Most of us in this thread think you are wrong at best.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 9,008Registered Users
    edited October 11

Rikis said:

Lot of people here say that are copypasted, just look at the announcement thread.
    And? They're completely different spikes.

I see you're false flagging a lot of comments. The flag button isn't a dislike button.
    Game 3 must come with Demons as 1 undivided race as a core with any Monogod races only as DLC. Anything less will only hurt the game.

It's a fact that game 2 is superior to game 1. Steam reviews prove this.