Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vangheist is in. Stop with useless bickering

baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202

Comments

• CarognaCarogna Registered Users Posts: 296
    Great stuff!
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,832
    edited October 2018
    Nooo, muh outrage! Have to go back and complain about how Disney ruined Star Wars now!

• baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202

Nooo, muh outrage! Have to go back and complain about how Disney ruined Star Wars now!

My god, we knew the other Dreadfleet minions would be in one way or another.

They see an OC and they go full WAAAGH

I have to see the same **** for Araby and Kislev probably
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 3,990
    edited October 2018
    That makes me happy,this is big one Shadewraith is one of the best looking ships.

Reminds me of Salazar ship "Silent Mary" from Pirates of the Caribbean

Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,292
    They could just change his lore and make him a legendary lord, instead of this new char.

At least she is close to Galleons Graveyard and you can make a challenge who needs fewer turns to destroy her faction.
  • OtterzOtterz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 159
    Hahaha rich! C'mon now, don't take the wind out of their "Sails"... Seriously though, I can't believe the level of tantrums being thrown over this. Everyone knew an "invented" LL was an option and even a likely one.

Funny how no one knew what the 4th LL should be before hand, but now everyone knows it should have been Vangheist!
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,475
    Jaego Roth -> Aranessa Saltspire?
    Drekla/Vangheist -> Harkon
    Skretch -> Noctilus
    ?? ->Cylostra??
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• Reaper49Reaper49 Registered Users Posts: 737

Jaego Roth -> Aranessa Saltspire?
    Drekla/Vangheist -> Harkon
    Skretch -> Noctilus
    ?? ->Cylostra??

Vangheist -Noctilus for sure
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 1,694
    They should have made a custom lord the underlings, this sets a bad precedent.
    Surge_2 said:

They should have made a custom lord the underlings, this sets a bad precedent.

The horror!

• Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Registered Users Posts: 957

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 422
    Remind me to freak the heck out when they make up an interesting Arabian or Kislevite character rather than picking another ghorst or alberic from a thousand editions ago!
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
    Iokko said:

Remind me to freak the heck out when they make up an interesting Arabian or Kislevite character rather than picking another ghorst or alberic from a thousand editions ago!

Even if that character is cited at least one time, they will freak out the same way. A sad day in our community.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,404

Take a look here. Stop complaining like little childs.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2235483/#Comment_2235483

I can complain all I want. It's no less childish to go around and demand that the 'parents don't fight'.
  • Fuzzybeard3Fuzzybeard3 Registered Users Posts: 91

It's not right to say stop complaining about vangheist. That does not address the arguments at all about the lore-breaking of simply making up characters, nor putting characters of saltspite into the faction of their enemy. Your only fueling the fire with your insults which honestly is just sad you go right to insults instead of trying to use rationality. People have legitimate arguments against saltspite and the made up character and outright dismissing followed by insults is just making a fool out of yourself.

It's not right to say stop complaining about vangheist. That does not address the arguments at all about the lore-breaking of simply making up characters, nor putting characters of saltspite into the faction of their enemy. Your only fueling the fire with your insults which honestly is just sad you go right to insults instead of trying to use rationality. People have legitimate arguments against saltspite and the made up character and outright dismissing followed by insults is just making a fool out of yourself.
    People have concerns about Saltspite?

80% of comments about her is about her jawline and how masculine she is. Don't make me laugh. This community is the first one to not use rationality at all, even when Vangheist was literally given to you by CA.

That's not constructive criticism, just troll-mongering.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 540
    So there are going to be legendary heroes in this pack? Or how is he going to be implemented?
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Dragon/Deamon slayer, Doomseeker, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Rune Golem, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

Those all missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 904

So there are going to be legendary heroes in this pack? Or how is he going to be implemented?

I guess you'll have to fight him for a quest battle to get a sea shanty verse.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,273
    He is but not as LL. This thing took his spot. It should be the other way around. Him leading and her being an unlock.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

He is but not as LL. This thing took his spot. It should be the other way around. Him leading and her being an unlock.

I don't know anything about him to be honest. Is he a caster? What unique items would he have?

I don't know anything about him to be honest. Is he a caster? What unique items would he have?
    He is a water ghost who dual-wield swords. There is very little about his lore except for fantastic art. They would need to come up with items for him. But at least his character is not made up.

... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

He is a water ghost who dual-wield swords. There is very little about his lore except for fantastic art. They would need to come up with items for him. But at least his character is not made up.

Nice picture but I can see why they went with a caster for gameplay reasons.

I have to say that if the only lore is that picture he is not a huge loss. Maybe he would have been better replacing Noctilus as he looks way cooler and we already have Harkon as a vampire.

I have to say that if the only lore is that picture he is not a huge loss. Maybe he would have been better replacing Noctilus as he looks way cooler and we already have Harkon as a vampire.
    He has a fancy ghost ship too. And I think he too does magic tricks, but this I'm not sure. Away from me Noctilus. His design is the best one among all dead pirates! At least his art. In the game it won't be as pretty.

He has a fancy ghost ship too. And I think he too does magic tricks, but this I'm not sure. Away from me Noctilus. His design is the best one among all dead pirates! At least his art. In the game it won't be as pretty.
    Just admit you know zilch about that guy beyond the picture.

To be fair I think he knows as much as there is to know.

There is not much too know. So I know most of what is there. And even if I did not, his art is superior still.

There is not much too know. So I know most of what is there. And even if I did not, his art is superior still.
    So you admit that Vangheist is pretty bare-bones (HA!) as a character but you like the portrait.

Yeah, solid reasoning.

So you admit that Vangheist is pretty bare-bones (HA!) as a character but you like the portrait.

Yeah, solid reasoning.
    Yes, I think I have said it already in this thread. Look up my post where I have posted his image, yup, it is there.

Still I think it is far better to put meat on bare bones of already existing, fitting character than to create new being from dust. Amazing art, he would be superb to play with.

Yeah, solid reasoning.
    Yes, I think I have said it already in this thread. Look up my post where I have posted his image, yup, it is there.

Still I think it is far better to put meat on bare bones of already existing, fitting character than to create new being from dust. Amazing art, he would be superb to play with.
    Subjective and arbitrary value judgement.

Yeah, solid reasoning.

Subjective and arbitrary value judgement.
    No, not really. There are esthetic truths. Art is not subjective.