Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Finally achieved good performance and fps.

skullfkerskullfker Registered Users Posts: 2
I'm on an old FX-8350 and a 970. I went from 15 fps to a solid 60 simply by re-seating my GPU. This has been driving me mad all week. I've nuked my hard drives and even flashed my bios and re-seating the GPU is the only thing that finally did the trick. To be clear take your GPU out of its' port and place it back in, I used a different port this time. I hope this helps someone out there and I'd love to know in a reply to this thread.

Comments

• DMA64DMA64 Registered Users Posts: 67
    edited October 2018
    This will only help if you didn`t connect it right in the first place or used the wrong PCI-E (the manual will tell you where to put your GPU) But good for you, enjoy the game and maybe it will help others.
  • skullfkerskullfker Registered Users Posts: 2
    Well actually I think either my port was going or the card came lose while moving. I assure you I installed it correctly and this isn't a new build. Been building PCs for many many years. This game is like red state voter registration though so not sure what actually fixed it now. The issues came back not long after posting and I fixed it again by changing my refresh rate back to 144 hz because I had forgotten to after nuking my hard drive. CA really needs to do some optimization, this is the only game that makes me go into detective mode to get good fps.
  • dougiejonesdougiejones Registered Users Posts: 10
    skullfker said:

Well actually I think either my port was going or the card came lose while moving. I assure you I installed it correctly and this isn't a new build. Been building PCs for many many years. This game is like red state voter registration though so not sure what actually fixed it now. The issues came back not long after posting and I fixed it again by changing my refresh rate back to 144 hz because I had forgotten to after nuking my hard drive. CA really needs to do some optimization, this is the only game that makes me go into detective mode to get good fps.

Yeah. It's really annoying considering I have hardware beyond their recommendations and it's still messed up in just 1080p. Nothing I have ever done has fixed other than neutering the game effects by turning off shadows and blood. Even try reseating but it didn't do a thing. The only game that's like this for my PC as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file