Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos Invasion at war with Norsca

froloffrolof Posts: 209Registered Users
edited October 18 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
So I have encountered something odd. Apparently Norsca was at deep war versus the Chaos invasion. I am playing as the Dwarfs.

I believe that a couple of missing script commands from Warhammer 1 Norsca DLC was left out for Warhammer 2 Norsca patch. I tried comparing the WH2 script with WH1 script. Seems the WH2 scripts focus a lot on purely Varg and Skaeling. Since they were the only Norscan factions at the release of Mortal Empires. I believe the Norscan factions, Norsca and Wintertooth (along with potential other surviors like Sarl, Graeling etc) should be Vassals to the Warriors of Chaos in either Late Chaos invasion or even at the start of Early (and naturally, a player can not be Norsca or Wintertooth).

I am testing this right now as we speak, I will update with more information as I scour for information on this matter. Made a test edit on the chaos invasion script that set the chaos invasion to trigger fairly early for me to witness.

Will edit post.

[EDIT Results]: Norsca does not go to war against Chaos, but nothing happens instead.

Norsca (Norsca, Wintertooth and possibly the new Norscan factions aka Graeling, helspire etc) stands neutral at the "End Times" event. Only Skaeling and Varg are scripted to be assigned as Vassals to Warriors or Chaos and sharing their enemies as a result.

I played as the Wood Elves and scouted their region Images as proof:

Now I needed to modify the script for the Chaos invasion for this to not take possibly over 200 turns. Otherwise 0 mods enabled other than this tiny script edit. I edited these lines here:

-- the imperium values that trigger the mid and late game events
local ci_mid_game_imperium = 99;
local ci_late_game_imperium = 99;

-- turn number to force the Chaos Invasion to trigger if the player has not hit the required imperium level. Also works for autoruns where there is no player
-- values here that are non-numeric now disable the relevant timeout
local ci_mid_game_turn_timeout = 15;
local ci_late_game_turn_timeout = 25;

if test_chaos_invasion_events then
ci_mid_game_turn_timeout = 3;
ci_late_game_turn_timeout = 5;
end;

-- turn number to display early game event message
local ci_early_game_event_turn = 5;

-- the number of hordes we want the Chaos faction to have when spawning a new wave
-- mid game | late game
-- easy, normal, hard, very hard, legendary
local ci_max_num_hordes = {{10, 10, 10, 10, 10}, {60, 60, 60, 60, 60}};

and before anyone asks why the edits are crazy, it's because these smalls edits were originally suposed to be a part of a funmod for chaos invasion. These lines were all that was needed.
Post edited by frolof on

Comments

• froloffrolof Posts: 209Registered Users
    edited October 18
    Added a save file. Compare Varg's diplomatic position with Norsca
  • OtjenynOtjenyn Posts: 48Registered Users
    I encountered this aswell. Was wondering if this was done on purpose or not.

What I also have encountered is that the warriors of chaos are raiding certain parts of Norsca (to travel through Icy regions unharmed) which causes diplomatic penalties with Norsca and or subfactions
    Otjenyn said:

I encountered this aswell. Was wondering if this was done on purpose or not.

What I also have encountered is that the warriors of chaos are raiding certain parts of Norsca (to travel through Icy regions unharmed) which causes diplomatic penalties with Norsca and or subfactions

Hm, I see. Mostly the beastmen raid franticly. Warriors of Chaos probably does the same.
  • CeltiKCeltiK Posts: 159Registered Users
    As usual when CA adds a new content (in this case the Norsca factions) they always forget to update many things related to that new content. There are many examples of this since Mortal Empires and the issues are never fixed.

Anyway yes they forgot to update the Chaos Invasion script after adding Norsca back into the game. The script makes Norsca factions vassals of Chaos when the invasion starts (unless the player is one of the Norsca factions or Beastmen ofc), in the script it's only Varg and Skaeling because those two were the only Norsca factions present in the OW before.

The script has to be updated to take the new Norsca factions into account.
    CeltiK said:

As usual when CA adds a new content (in this case the Norsca factions) they always forget to update many things related to that new content. There are many examples of this since Mortal Empires and the issues are never fixed.

Anyway yes they forgot to update the Chaos Invasion script after adding Norsca back into the game. The script makes Norsca factions vassals of Chaos when the invasion starts (unless the player is one of the Norsca factions or Beastmen ofc), in the script it's only Varg and Skaeling because those two were the only Norsca factions present in the OW before.

The script has to be updated to take the new Norsca factions into account.

I made a personal update to the script as a mod. I am by no means a scripter or a coder, so I believe my attempt to be crude. I opened it with notepad++ and then searched for any mentions of for example "Varg", there I compared and then added all other norscan factions. So far it has worked with the entirely to Norsca vassalised to WoC at early chaos as well as late chaos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file