Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Laptop that can run "Thrones of Britannia"

rm16rm16 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello,

I am wondering if there are any laptops out there that can run "Thrones of Britannia" well (not at lowest resolution)?

Considering trying to buy a gift for my husband as it's been quite a couple of years and he LOVES Total War and I know he was super interested in "Thrones of Britannia".

It needs to be a laptop not desktop. I don't know if it's feasible though (as a prebuilt).

Thank you!

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,387Registered Users
    Any modern gaming notebook would be sufficient. A GTX 1060, or even a GTX 1050 Ti, is more than sufficient for that generation of the TW engine. The 1050 Ti would have a lot less value in a few years though. While sufficient, I would not buy a previous generation. A GTX 970 would also be far more power than needed, but the 10 series is hugely improved in efficiency. You should also get one with an i7 8750H, and a SSD, preferably 256GB or higher.

I would recommend either an Asus or MSI system. Any four or five star rated product is a sound idea though. Check Amazon and Newegg for product ratings. You can pick one up for around a grand, if you're picky and wait for good sales, typical prices are around $1500 US.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
    Really depends on your budget. ToB honestly isn't a very hard game to run, which speaks volumes as to the optimisation that's gone into it.

If you want to buy a laptop, you'll really have to decide on a budget first, then I could recommend laptops around that budget to suit your needs.
  • naishonaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,425Registered Users
    The best deals you can get are around 1 thousand USD. What you primarily want to look at is the GPU (graphics processing unit) when going for deals.

500 USD range - 800 USD
    bottom tier gaming laptop or budget gaming. Bottom tier GPU of the 1050 or 1050ti.

900 - 1,300 USD

This is the sweet spot range at the moment. You will either get a 1050ti or if lucky you can find a deal for a 1060 card in the 900 USD (they show up from time to time just keep your eyes peeled.)

The 1060 card I have also seen being sold for as high as 1700 USD.

You can get a really good deal sometimes from Lenovo. (keep your eyes peeled there https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-y-series/c/legion-laptops-series?menu-id=Y_Series_Laptops)
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB