Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Autohotkey Script not working (Wheeldown)

LizuriousLizurious Registered Users Posts: 1
edited October 2018 in Community Content
I'm trying to write a script that, once a player has zoomed in all the way, doesn't allow a player to zoom back out. When a person wheels down to zoom out, it wheels up twice, then down once (so that the camera isnt in the grass). Essentially locking the camera at just above shoulder height for the player.

This script works in google chrome (scrolling). but not rome 2.

Ive tried various options including SendPlay, SendMode Play, etc. I even tried modding the camera using PackFileManager but apparently in multiplayer battles you can't alter the camera db. Is there anyone who understands the interaction from Mouse->Computer->Rome2 that can see where I'm going wrong?

Note, other keys like X::(anything) don't work, either. With the below script, at least the wheeldown stops working entirely in game, but with other keys like X, they continue working unobstructed as if autohotkey isnt even running.

x := 0

^p::
x := 1
return
^o::
x := 0
return

WheelDown::
if (x = 1)
{
SendInput, {WheelUp}
SendInput, (WheelUp)