Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the Teams are Working On - October 2018

CA_JamesCA_James Posts: 52Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

What are the Total War teams working on this month? Don't worry if you don't know the answers - we've got them all right here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-october-2018 

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,155Registered Users
    No more Rome 2.
    No Attila as well.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,668Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    I hope the overhaul to empire management and diplomacy can make it's way into Warhammer 3:)
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    not a word about naval battles in 3K...i'm wordless and without hope...cmon guys,at least write it black on white...an official statement, at least to know why you removed them ...bah

I hope the overhaul to empire management and diplomacy can make it's way into Warhammer 3:)

Knight Orders
    toskyrun said:

not a word about naval battles in 3K...i'm wordless and without hope...cmon guys,at least write it black on white...an official statement, at least to know why you removed them ...bah

Yeah, no clarification just like what Jack did with removal of Ambush battle in ToB.
    I really want Jack to be the Leading Director of Medieval 3 though.
    jamreal18 said:

Knight Orders
    toskyrun said:

Yeah, no clarification just like what Jack did with removal of Ambush battle in ToB.
    I really want Jack to be the Leading Director of Medieval 3 though.
    Not at all what I was referring to. Empire management != Empire faction.
    Empire management = managing the campaign. Not everything is about the empire faction. Did you even read the report? I understand how you got confused but if you read it you'd see I clearly referenced something not at all related to empire faction
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,237Registered Users
    Hey, region-trading is coming back! Awesome! Can't wait to see the diplomacy overhaul and battle changes too.

Hey, region-trading is coming back! Awesome! Can't wait to see the diplomacy overhaul and battle changes too.

Yeah that's something every game should have had since it was introduced back in the Shogun 2 days
    edited October 2018

Yeah that's something every game should have had since it was introduced back in the Shogun 2 days
    I can understand why they removed it though, as the AI was just never able to utilize it properly. Someone explained it to me a while back as the AI was only able to apply value to a region based on it's economic output (or something along those lines). So it couldn't factor in the value of a region based on it's strategic location and such.

I'm actually kind of hoping that in Three Kingdoms, you can only exchange border regions, or regions in provinces shared between both factions. I think that'd be pretty fair, as they AI would probably be able to handle the mechanic better with that kind of limitation, and it might reduce the tendency for the late game campaign map to devolve into border gore.
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,292Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    I hope y'all have lots of eyes on gameplay, bugs and such. The more eyes the better … if ya know what I mean ….

EDIT: Ah! So you are aware of the importance of testing I see. Jolly good ol' bean, bully! Bully!

"...– and be proven out via testing – "
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,002Registered Users
    Very encouraged by the 3K update. I can 100% live without a constant stream of new campaign info if the reason is "fundamental system redesigns and entirely new features in the mix."

This is exactly what this game needs and I cannae wait to see what CA have up their sleeve!
    Fredrin said:

I can 100% live without a constant stream of new campaign info if the reason is "fundamental system redesigns and entirely new features in the mix."

Same here.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Posts: 1,068Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    jamreal18 said:

No more Rome 2.
    No Attila as well.

While DLCs for both titles are at this point rather unprobable, both titles stil get updates on SteamDB. Some of them (based on depot names) are probably related to another launcher update/tweak.

Still, some recent changes in Rome2 SteamDB entry might indicate a patch (there have been some recent changes to miller2 depot, which is a depot for Desert Kingdoms DLC).

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA and WARHAMMER campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Iceni, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Caledonii, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Syracuse, Taras.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Eastern Roman Empire, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    Argwylon, Carcassonne, Clan Angrund, Nagarythe, The Blessed Dread, The Empire, Von Carstein.
  • juliusameliusjuliusamelius Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    oh man, the capitalized game names make my steam lib look really angry. lol .Any hope for mod support for older games???? please!!
    Arena sub-forum disappeared?
  • ShermanSherman Member Posts: 849Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Arena was shut-down by the publisher. But Why? Nothing pointed to that following these devs diaries and the ones in the wargaming.net browser.
  • REDEATHREDEATH Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    I have been playing Total War Games since the original Shogun TW and I have played TW Arena since the Alpha and though I appreciate Sega/CA gesture of giving us some Free Total War Content BUT I think you will find MOST if not ALL of us die hard Total War players actually already own all of these...I know I do...is there any thought of some other way of making it up to us?
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 227Registered Users

oh man, the capitalized game names make my steam lib look really angry. lol .Any hope for mod support for older games???? please!!

There are plenty of mods for the old games. They are just not in the steam workshop.