Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thrones of Britannia update - what would you like to see?

Comments

• JiruriJiruri Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 219
    Give the major AI factions victory conditions, and make it actively pursue those conditions. If they reach their victory conditions, make the player lose, like in the Medieval 2 Kingdoms expansions, or give some kind of buff, similar to what the player experiences when he completes victory conditions. Victory conditions should overlap as well. :)

It's one of the mechanics I proposed here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/225097/what-would-you-like
    It was there that he decided to stand and hold his ground against many. And it was there that he fell.
  • nbnw25nbnw25 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks for taking feedback! First of all, love the game, especially since the allegiance update. Being English, this is the TW game I hoped you would make since I played the first Shogun game years ago. I love the style and feel of the game, as well as the small settlements vs. fortified towns! Sieges are fantastic fun, particularly when defending small settlements (please don't introduce garrisons for small settlements - love the way it works now). I also love how building settlements up also changes how they look on the campaign map.

The main updates I would like to see are:

-Bring back trading settlements from MTW2. The option to cede/demand land in peace treaties was always something I liked.
    -Norman DLC of some sort would be great, particularly is there was an option to covert settlements to castles.
    -I never played Mide before the Allegiance update, but didn't like that I could only get a kingdom victory by annexing other factions - by the time I had noticed, I'd already conquered all but one other Irish faction, and so couldn't get a kingdom victory. Allowing an 'Annex or conquer' option would be nice.
    -DLC with later/time periods akin to Shogun 2 would be great (e.g. Wars of the Roses, English Civil War).

Thanks!
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 441
    thresh25 said:

I have a separate post about this but please fix the game victory conditions for multiplayer campaign. Three possible fixes

1) allow players to continue playing after fame victory achieved.

2) change victory conditions to be taking the other players land

3) allow players to choose from different victory conditions.

I totally agree. It would make the game more enjoyable when you invest a lot of time in it.
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 273
    edited November 2018
    Dear Jack,

I have a small idea about the estates, to implement the depth of play on them.
    I would remove the figure of the governor, but if a character is given 2-3 estates in the same province becoming effectively the lord of the area he is granted the title of "count" or "jarl" or “lord“(I think historically the figure of the jarl / count was both governor and warrior if necessary) and this allows them to unlock an additional building slot, or a new unit of bodyguards elite.

Becoming count enables a number of public order bonuses, but it certainly makes the other competitors unhappy with the king. the new count will not only have to implement command and zeal skills, but also the ability of authority, and better manage the followers because he is now both a warrior and a governor. if he dies ( in war or age ), if he has children, the title passes to his son (a random character with the surname -son (ex: name of jarl + son = ragnar-son, steven-son etc.) but with no skills he can give problems of public order in the province. the king can remove the title but this creates a strong malus.

Once he became jarl / count he could issue edicts in the province (as in warhammer 2) that can improve the public order, the economy, taxes or disadvantage the enemy.

the count / jarl can swear fidelity to the usurper and bring with him the whole province (as it happens in rome2) and can have access to some function that belongs to the faction leader (murder, seeks wife for himself, divorce,assures loyalty to the faction, organize banquets gain authority)

if a lord loses a estate in war, he could develop the attribute "hate for Xfaction" which gives him bonuses against that particular faction.

naturally at this point a village can give only one property, not more. so based on how big and developed the kingdom can have counts / jarls ... at this point the limit of 10 more or less becomes natural. for the other characters who have not had access to the properties, all that remains is the bribes and the authority of the king to keep them quite.

for me this would give a logic to the assignment of properties, because it does not seem right to have a property in cornwall and one in northumbria, and would give the player the difficulty of concentrating on micromanagement of the land: rather than build property anywhere, develop those lands that they can give a jarl / count.
    only afterwards, give access to the chain of construction of the palaces of justice, gallows and all that concerns the government of the province.
    what do you think about?
    Post edited by toskyrun on
  • SnacAttacSnacAttac Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited November 2018
    Was looking at some Rome 2 Gameplay, and those slingers can shoot farther than the Archers in Thrones, might want to look into that
    Post edited by SnacAttac on
  • norseaxenorseaxe Registered Users Posts: 402
    some other ideas
    1. can you add more raiders. thinking if you destroy 2 or 3 raider armies they leave your lands alone and raid other factions. give us option to bribe raiders to leave your land or to attack other lands. give them a region to settle in exchange to become allies,
    2. can you add slaves to sudreyar faction.
    3. can you add enslave after winning battles with dyflin or maybe sudreyar.
    4. was thinking would be cool to add black burned out spot on map where raiders have raided.
    5. when raiding. if you raid a region with farms you get food while raiding. monasteries maybe gold or slaves. gold mines or silver mines you get gold something to that affect. maybe make if more worthwhile to raid.
    6. I like toskyrun idea of estates and count or jarl. just some ideas floating around in my head.
  • Thegn_PhilThegn_Phil Registered Users Posts: 49
    I would like to see some new battle mechanics, especially more historically accurate ones. Other than that, I think it's fine.
  • FritjofFritjof Registered Users Posts: 5
    JADennis said:

Fritjof said:

First of all I have to say that for me the game goes in the right direction. But I think you need more possibilities to make different decisions, e.g. that you can choose to give the pagan fractions and their old gods more power than the church and to build pagan altars, met halls and bardic schools and something like this instead of churches etc. So you have more opportunities to act as you want and the game becomes more interesting and complex (especially with the different building elements). Furthermore you need better animations especially in the fight that would improve the atmosphere, different appearances of the cities, better historical clothes and a democratic system for the pagan fractions a bit like the Witan from the Anglo Saxon.

So I hope I can help you to make the game more interesting and better!

I also like this. I like the none historic alternate paths countries can take to make the game more interesting.
    I wont to say it's not completely unhistorical an minority was Pagan into the 11th centurie mostlie People with Icelandic connections and a small part of local You can also verify this by small Pagan artifacts which
    was everywhere found in Europe on moors and waters they testify that pagan practices and cults were still widely used until this time not only in Britain but also in other supposedly Christianized countries it was just not a proven condition but a slow marauding process.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,156

I would like to see some new battle mechanics, especially more historically accurate ones. Other than that, I think it's fine.

And what are those?
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 91
    edited November 2018
    A DLC featuring the conquest of King Canute and William the Conqueror respectively. For those of you who don't know Canute was a Danish King who conquered modern-day England, Denmark, and Norway during the first quarter of the 11th century. You could say he was, by far, the most successful Viking of all time.
    By the way, China's warring states period would make an ideal setting for a total war game.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
  • Thegn_PhilThegn_Phil Registered Users Posts: 49
    jamreal18 said:

And what are those?
    No siege equipment, shield-walls, and things of that sort.
  • JADennisJADennis Registered Users Posts: 5
    Fritjof said:

JADennis said:

Fritjof said:

First of all I have to say that for me the game goes in the right direction. But I think you need more possibilities to make different decisions, e.g. that you can choose to give the pagan fractions and their old gods more power than the church and to build pagan altars, met halls and bardic schools and something like this instead of churches etc. So you have more opportunities to act as you want and the game becomes more interesting and complex (especially with the different building elements). Furthermore you need better animations especially in the fight that would improve the atmosphere, different appearances of the cities, better historical clothes and a democratic system for the pagan fractions a bit like the Witan from the Anglo Saxon.

So I hope I can help you to make the game more interesting and better!

I also like this. I like the none historic alternate paths countries can take to make the game more interesting.
    I wont to say it's not completely unhistorical an minority was Pagan into the 11th centurie mostlie People with Icelandic connections and a small part of local You can also verify this by small Pagan artifacts which
    was everywhere found in Europe on moors and waters they testify that pagan practices and cults were still widely used until this time not only in Britain but also in other supposedly Christianized countries it was just not a proven condition but a slow marauding process.
    Sure i agree that on a small level there were groups of practicing pagans. Your never going to have a society that believes in the same religions uniformly i was thinking more from a state sponsored perspective....really when i said that i had ck2 reformed pagan playing options in my head. haha
  • JADennisJADennis Registered Users Posts: 5
    Theodore said:

A DLC featuring the conquest of King Canute and William the Conqueror respectively. For those of you who don't know Canute was a Danish King who conquered modern-day England, Denmark, and Norway during the first quarter of the 11th century. You could say he was, by far, the most successful Viking of all time.

Maybe we could get Harald Hardrada and Knute and william the conqueror and whoever was king of sweden ....that would be a fun dlc...i want to fight it out in Scandinavia
  • JiruriJiruri Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 219
    Also, after so many years of TW difficulty that mostly determines stats (penalties to public order, income, morale, etc) I would prefer a difficulty that changes mechanics. When I am prosperous and there are enemies close to my power, let them declare an invasion for my wealthiest province, and come in full force for that province.
    I like a more aggressive AI towards me, with more armies and units that come for certain regions with determination. I don't really enjoy managing my public order and economy for 95% of the time while playing Total War. After all it's "Total War", not "Total Economy and Population Manager" :D
    Gotta say though, that Thrones of Britannia does a great job of exploring new mechanics.

I like to compare my games with juggling. Of course, seeing a juggler juggle many balls is fun, but it's more exciting to see him juggle only a flew blazing torches. I prefer a few exciting tasks as a player instead of many boring ones. :)
    It was there that he decided to stand and hold his ground against many. And it was there that he fell.
  • billybob1billybob1 Registered Users Posts: 44
    Just a few more bugs, when "Securing loyalty" the loyalty of the character does not get updated, you have to close and open the page. The page needs to be refreshed on this action, or it looks like you still need to secure his loyalty with e.g. estates.

Also sometimes the mouseover on loyalty can be out by a turn if his loyalty trait changed during the turn or even in the last end turn. The mouseovers need to be updates when traits change to keep them current.

And lastly, we still have this:

I'm not against middle age sex changes, but teenage sex changes in the middle ages I don't believe were a thing.. At least not in recorded history.

• tombergrtombergr Registered Users Posts: 3
    I suggest these improvements.

1 - In the event of a winning battle in the field, the winning party will receive a gold and a food bonus for the conquered camp and the amount will be based on the opponent's size.

2 - Enable diplomats to trade territory or gold for food.

3 - As for the new general, adjust his loyalty so that he is not in the opposition and the cause of the uprising.
  • PERICLES1789PERICLES1789 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 140
    Hi,

I personally enjoyed the game first version. But the new one is very fine ; I just need to get familiarized.
    Personnally I would enjoy « A rise of the Saxons » dlc with early Romanized factions.
    Whatever the developers choice I am sure i twill be interesting.
    By the way a new units dlc would be fine.
  • KevlosarKevlosar Registered Users Posts: 1
    Dear developers,

Thank you for asking for feedback. I really loved playing Thrones of Brittania.
    It's actually my favorite of the historic Total War Series and I played them all.

A lot of my suggestions have been addressed by other forum members.

Personally the most important changes that I would like to see include:
    -Diplomacy: military allies are utterly worthless as they'll declare war at you for no reason despite having excellent diplomatic relations. This isn't Game of Thrones. There should be at least a warning note popping up that says your ally X is thinking of betraying you in 2 turns or something.
    -More DLC (units and campaigns).
    -Ability to play as a minor faction
    -Introduction of heroes (important historic characters)
    -Ability to bribe armies, raiders. I would also like to see the possibility of unloyal generals/governors joining an enemy faction after a bribe rather than just rebelling.
    - Buff warhounds/battledogs, they are a very ineffective unit with limited usability. Maybe by inducing heavy morale penalties on their targets or something.

• mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 445
    edited November 2018
    Hey @Grace_CA and @CA_Ella, can we expect that blog update for Thrones anytime soon?
    Post edited by mcar110 on
  • m2607m2607 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I wish to see more fractions and historical battle (DLC?).
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 91
    edited November 2018
    Through history, Diplomacy has been as important in war as armies. I just saw a video highlighting the diplomatic features in the upcoming "Three Kingdoms" Total war game. Thrones of Brittania could really benefit from having a similar system of diplomacy.
    Post edited by Theodore on
    By the way, China's warring states period would make an ideal setting for a total war game.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
  • Cazzy28Cazzy28 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Not so much a suggestion on content adjustment (though I look forward to seeing continued improvements on the implementations of the core ideas behind the gameplay in ToB) but I want to suggest opening up more modding tools including map editing features to modders. This game is perfect for a Game of Thrones total conversion mod but modders have stated they don't have access to editing tools. Having a great mod can add to sales of the base game and only requires giving modders access to the tools to do so. Map creation is one of the hardest aspects of a total conversion mod and a great group of modders had been working on a Seven Kingdoms Total War mod for Attila but canceled it due to poor modding support from the Total War team. I don't understand not giving them access to this support. Thrones of Britannia offers a perfect platform for this mod and again, costs little in terms of resources from the dev team in order to bring in more sales of the base game from those interested in playing a Game of Thrones total war mod. I'm just saying that it should be considered and makes sense both financially and from a place of supporting fans of the total war series to add support for the modding community in this way.

Thank you.

• walterkanewalterkane Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 450
    campaign map mod tools would be huge
  • YavorYavor Registered Users Posts: 48
    I have a suggestion that may fix the issue with the 1-2 unit armies capturing the whole province, and still withhold the idea that the lord must ride out to protect the undefended settlements. Having in mind that the mentioned lord of the province should be the governor, I suggest that the governor in his major settlement be given the option to “muster the levies”. When they do that the governor and part of the garrison, with some low level additional units, ride out of the major settlement to protect the minor ones. The rules are that this improvised army may ride around the province, but may never leave its borders. The governor may be given an option to “return home” at any time and he then immediately returns to the major settlement with the original garrison (the additional “levy” units are disbanded). If the major settlement is besieged at any point the governor automatically returns to it, fills in the garrison, and the levy army is immediately disbanded. While the governor is out in the field with his levies some of his province bonuses are reduced or even null.
    I believe that this is a plausible attempt to improve the gameplay and I hope to hear what do all of you think!
    Kind Regards!

• Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Registered Users Posts: 446
    edited November 2018
    - If you keep losing battle, rebellion would occur more frequent and loyalty will be decreased as well (just like at that time)
    - Make each soldier in a unit not react and move in perfect synch, soldier in this era wasn't famous for it's discipline.
    - Historical event that can have effect on our campaign
    - Spy, spying can be more then just about how many are the enemy units but also their intention. Like spying enemy court so that we can get information about what their aim towards us. But make it like there is a chance that our spy can be detected as well, just like the Medieval II.

Post edited by Total_War_Veteran on
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,787
    I'd like ToB to appear on a sale!
  • EfixEfix Registered Users Posts: 280
    Any news on the norman DLC !?
  • GoetheGoethe Registered Users Posts: 43
    I would like to see my game working since I can't even play it :) it won't even start for me, i'm not getting any response from you and you ask what I would like to see. Hilarious, you had my money for just nothing, screw this. What a robbery.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Registered Users Posts: 446
    Goethe said:

I would like to see my game working since I can't even play it :) it won't even start for me, i'm not getting any response from you and you ask what I would like to see. Hilarious, you had my money for just nothing, screw this. What a robbery.

Can you elaborate why the game can't start ? Have you verify integrity of the game ?
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,965
    Goethe said:

Can your computer even run it?