Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thrones of Britannia update - what would you like to see?

Comments

• GoetheGoethe Posts: 18Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Goethe said:

I would like to see my game working since I can't even play it :) it won't even start for me, i'm not getting any response from you and you ask what I would like to see. Hilarious, you had my money for just nothing, screw this. What a robbery.

Can your computer even run it?
    Lol, what do you think? 1060 6gb GTX graphic card, 8 gb RAM, i5 7400, etc etc. I can run it I guess

Goethe said:

I would like to see my game working since I can't even play it :) it won't even start for me, i'm not getting any response from you and you ask what I would like to see. Hilarious, you had my money for just nothing, screw this. What a robbery.

Can you elaborate why the game can't start ? Have you verify integrity of the game ?
    I posted on the Crash section of this forum with NO response from the devs or anybody. I tried EVERYTHING listed here and other sites. Nothing. I thought it was a ToB issue but I tried to launch other total war games and none of them work for me. I just dont understand and the devs are not even helping. I obviously verified the integrity of the game.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    Goethe said:

Goethe said:

Can you elaborate why the game can't start ? Have you verify integrity of the game ?
    I posted on the Crash section of this forum with NO response from the devs or anybody. I tried EVERYTHING listed here and other sites. Nothing. I thought it was a ToB issue but I tried to launch other total war games and none of them work for me. I just dont understand and the devs are not even helping. I obviously verified the integrity of the game.
    Have you try deleting Preferences.script.txt ? After you delete it, verify the game cache again and launch the game.
    How to find that txt file ? here : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173599/how-to-find-your-preferences-script-file
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    I like the settlement design just wish they were much smaller and more useful, literately most siege battle takes place around the gate house which don't use 90% of the settlement. For this period they should have been much smaller and less like sprawling cities. Also more useful areas to defend where a few units can make a last stand in a small palisade around a hall. I would have preferred siege maps more like this any day-

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/208793/sieges-and-settlement-design/p1

Goethe said:

Goethe said:

Have you try deleting Preferences.script.txt ? After you delete it, verify the game cache again and launch the game.
    How to find that txt file ? here : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173599/how-to-find-your-preferences-script-file
    Already did that and nothing happens. Thank you. My post with the .txt is on the crash section of this forum.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,097Registered Users
    I love everything others have said. I'd also like the units to look a bit more diverse between factions. I know typically everyone was similar in that region, but at least make them feel more scottish, welsh, viking, or whatever.

Also, anything that makes diplomacy feel like you're a king making deals and being betrayed and betraying others and doing all those fun nasty political things would be nice. Think of Game of Thrones politics. I want to do so many of those things in a total war game.
  • AlexandroAlexandro Senior Member Zu Lai Temple againPosts: 1,404Registered Users
    norseaxe said:

some other ideas
    1. can you add more raiders. thinking if you destroy 2 or 3 raider armies they leave your lands alone and raid other factions. give us option to bribe raiders to leave your land or to attack other lands. give them a region to settle in exchange to become allies,
    2. can you add slaves to sudreyar faction.
    3. can you add enslave after winning battles with dyflin or maybe sudreyar.
    4. was thinking would be cool to add black burned out spot on map where raiders have raided.
    5. when raiding. if you raid a region with farms you get food while raiding. monasteries maybe gold or slaves. gold mines or silver mines you get gold something to that affect. maybe make if more worthwhile to raid.
    6. I like toskyrun idea of estates and count or jarl. just some ideas floating around in my head.

Good stuff. I liked all points.
  • DarkercookieDarkercookie Posts: 11Registered Users
    Stop giving the AI extra troops when they can't afford it or lessen how many they give. It's ridiculous that there are 20 stack AI armies with only 4 villages
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 427Registered Users
    I would like to see ToB put on the backburner (except for maybe 1-2 new factions for more regional diversity) and for CA to spend some time on creating new content for Attila as we have seen for Rome 2 over the past 12 months.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,624Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Darios said:

I would like to see ToB put on the backburner (except for maybe 1-2 new factions for more regional diversity) and for CA to spend some time on creating new content for Attila as we have seen for Rome 2 over the past 12 months.

CA Bulgaria is working on 3K right now, so ain't gonna' happen. Oldie updates are on ice.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on

CA Bulgaria is working on 3K right now, so ain't gonna' happen. Thank ArchWarhammer and his slander campaign for that. Oldie updates are on ice.

Wait, what happened? Who is ArchWarhammer?
  • AlexandroAlexandro Senior Member Zu Lai Temple againPosts: 1,404Registered Users
    One more:
    Boiling oil would not kill the soldiers, bu it would reduce their morale a lot and a longer time between an oil release.
  • Davebr0chillDavebr0chill Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, but an overhaul of the multiplayer could do wonders for the game.

We have leaders we can base our armies around, housecarl retinues to customize, a follower system that could be expanded upon, evenly balanced rosters while still having distinct flavors, and unlike some other Total War titles, every battle mode (land, naval, ESPECIALLY settlement) is fun.

Thrones of Britannia has all the elements that would make a great mutliplayer scene, if a mode like Avatar conquest for Shogun 2 were added.
  • BlackenedLokiBlackenedLoki Junior Member Posts: 159Registered Users
    edited December 2018

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but an overhaul of the multiplayer could do wonders for the game.

We have leaders we can base our armies around, housecarl retinues to customize, a follower system that could be expanded upon, evenly balanced rosters while still having distinct flavors, and unlike some other Total War titles, every battle mode (land, naval, ESPECIALLY settlement) is fun.

Thrones of Britannia has all the elements that would make a great mutliplayer scene, if a mode like Avatar conquest for Shogun 2 were added.

I couldn't agree more, (Note, I LOVED Avatar Conquest)

Avatar Conquest worked so well in Shogun 2 as all the units were pretty much available to all factions in the vanilla game. So, it required very little in the way of extra balancing and made the battles more interesting tactically.

Thrones works in a very similar way with lots of 'Standard' units (or at least units that could be made 'standard' with a simple name change) and a few more unique units to add flavour, having a similar 'Warlord Conquest' multiplayer mode would be great... never going to happen... but great!
    Yes, I am one of those people who liked Rome 2 and yes my opinion is still valid.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,212Registered Users
    Avatar Conquest would definitely not work on ToB. The multiplayer community is largely gone, notably because the game is overshadowed by its larger siblings (Rome 2 and Warhammer), which have a larger pool of units and factions.

However, I do see it working on 3K and Warhammer 3, since they'll definitely attract a lot of players. I'd rather have ToB focus on something else.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    I would like a Dux Bellorum DLC set in the late 5th or early 6th centuries, the two main focus of the dlc would be on the Roman citizens of Britainnia that fought the Celtic, Germanic and potentially Scoti (Gaels) that invaded Roman Britain in the 5th century and the leader of battles, Artorius (Possibly his real name) or Arthur as he is known is modern times.

Depiction of Artorius, Dux Bellorum:

Notice how the Romans or Romano-British are wearing 4th century Roman Armor. They like many, intimated the 4th century Roman Army. The shield's depiction of Mary however is based of a mosaic found in the Hagia Sophia.

I would like there to be options for the Roman faction to alter history and decide the fate of Britannia, one is to restore the Diocese of the Britains and become Vicarius of Britainnia. Becoming a Representative of the Emperor of the East. Other option is to reestablish the Western Roman Empire and proclaim Artorius, Emperor in the West. Other is to proclaim yourself Rex Britanniae, King of Britain.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users
    Add new technologies to each faction that allows for the development of a real navy.

As the decades pass by, the Medieval Kingdoms especially the Kingdom of England should be looking to develop a standing professional Navy.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Excited to hear about ToB's new Political Difficulty Option, considering how civil wars currently occur far too frequently and randomly, sucking the fun out of the game. The notion of governorship should perhaps also be re-thought, as it seems far more "Roman" than "Anglo-Saxon." I am also interested in learning more about the upcoming changes to estates and how they will affect the political side of the campaign.
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Posts: 91Registered Users
    I would like the ability to upgrade main settlement ports to the same level as regional ports.
    By the way, China's warring states period would make an ideal setting for a total war game.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,086Registered Users
    Darios said:

Excited to hear about ToB's new Political Difficulty Option, considering how civil wars currently occur far too frequently and randomly, sucking the fun out of the game. The notion of governorship should perhaps also be re-thought, as it seems far more "Roman" than "Anglo-Saxon." I am also interested in learning more about the upcoming changes to estates and how they will affect the political side of the campaign.

I think this is great for TW games and allows the player to configure the game to their preference. First they had separated difficulty for campaign and battlefield and then politics. Looks like in future campaigns there'll be lots of tinkering options.

I think this is great for TW games and allows the player to configure the game to their preference. First they had separated difficulty for campaign and battlefield and then politics. Looks like in future campaigns there'll be lots of tinkering options.

Yup! It sounds really promising. I wouldn't mind seeing this for feature implemented in Rome 2 and Attila as well.
  • KingsGuardofArchersKingsGuardofArchers Posts: 33Registered Users
    My friend and I are having a real blast playing various VS campaigns in Thrones at the moment. The allegiance update did many good things and I feel like the game is definitely moving in the right direction. However the one thing we both avoid like the plague is: naval battles!

They feel so lacklustre and limited, almost like a feature that wasn't going to be added until it was decided to include it at the last moment or something. Ships are identical regardless of unit type so you can't do any skirmishing really, and this is made worse by the fact that missile units seem to have their range drastically reduced so by the time you're actually able to loose anything you're already being boarded and murdered in melee. As a result, armies built around a heavy skirmishing focus are dead in the water.

Beside the inexplicable lack of variety in ship types and ineffectiveness of missile troops, there's no option to ram either so there are very few tactical possibilities open to the player. This leaves the prospect of a sea battle seeming very unattractive in general, and this is a great shame for a viking-era game.

Apart from that sieges are still rather buggy. I'd also quite like to see character loyalty have a greater impact on the battlefield as well as the campaign; perhaps a disloyal general might take longer to reinforce, or a real scoundrel might fail to do so at all!
  • norseaxenorseaxe Posts: 402Registered Users
    I already posted this in steel & statecraft update thread. I think it would be cool when you have a civil war your faction splits off into two opposing armies to fight it out instead of having multiple armies popping up all over your kingdom. I think we should have option to fight on rebels side also especially if your king sucks lol.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,099Registered Users
    - Bring back ladder to the game as faster siege equipment choice.

- Siege Tower should have climb button like Warhammer does.

- Garrison building should increase defensive forces ammunition.

- Bring back [Ambush] stance but change its effect. It will make your army hidden and causing attrition to other factions army in the region. Also decreasing their morale and supplies as well.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,086Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

- Bring back ladder to the game as faster siege equipment choice.

- Siege Tower should have climb button like Warhammer does.

- Garrison building should increase defensive forces ammunition.

- Bring back [Ambush] stance but change its effect. It will make your army hidden and causing attrition to other factions army in the region. Also decreasing their morale and supplies as well.

I'm not keen on bringing back ladders. I like the way it is difficult to assault a walled city.

I like the other ideas though.
  • TurumbaTurumba Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    If the player is in the province detail tab, it would be nice to add some left and right arrows to switch to the next province. Atm, the player has to close the current province detail tab, click the arrow in province overview and then, click into the provins detail tab again... while this doable when dealing with 2 or 3 provinces, it is tedious/annoying when dealing with 5-15 provinces.

thx you.

Regards,
    Turumba
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and YouTube channel!
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    All the battle (bar the siege) feels and ended always samey one to another, that's because the unit movement and strategy needed to win are always the same : send unit to the flanks or rear and call it the day. The AI predictability also makes it worse.

I have idea how to mitigate the above problem : makes maneuvering unit slightly more difficult (maneuvering army in this era were difficult because of it consists mostly of untrained peasant) and make it depends on the terrain too. So, how pre-battle formation, which direction the unit facing should be critical. This way, combined with multiple types of terrain will create a sense of simulation and dynamism, since every battle won't be too samey even if the units are all similar to each other.

Another idea could be, unit mass and weight. Tweak those so we can use mass for our tactic, like the one being used by Epaminondas against Sparta when he deliverately concentrated his unit to have more mass therefore more push power. The Spartan led by their king finally gave ground because they can't match the mass pushing power of the Theban.

NB : Pls don't just abandon TOB soon for a new saga game, it will make bad reputation with your fans. Make new updates / features, paid DLC, anything as long as it's extend the game life.
    Post edited by Total_War_Veteran on
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • FritjofFritjof Posts: 5Registered Users
    I hope that this game gets more love to because it has in itself very great potential and I would really appreciate it that sooner or later you can go even further in the pagan direction, that would provide for more diversity and choices in the game. I would pay for it too in form of DLC, that would be completely worth it to me and extends the longevity of the game in my opinion.
  • DarkercookieDarkercookie Posts: 11Registered Users
    Can the unit outfits and looks be randomized more? It's weird to see three people side by side who look the exact same.
  • EfixEfix Posts: 266Registered Users
    New campaign DLC !!!