Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Third Age -Total War (Whenever I change units stats,game is crashing)

TrelopaidoTrelopaido Posts: 3Registered Users
edited October 30 in Medieval II: Total War
Hello,

I am trying to tweak unit stats in a mod of MTW,called Third Age Total War...for example,I only edit the "Attack Factor" of "Berserker"...after that when I load a battle game always crashes,and a pop-up message says : "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit "...

I know that game crashes because of that,but I want to mod units also.How can I avoid the crashes!? I think the game reads the units with their original stats.How I can change that!?

Thank you for your time!
Post edited by Trelopaido on

Comments

• CapricornianGoatCapricornianGoat Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    I think that kind of crash happened to me too. But i forgot how exactly it happened. My memory is now bad. I just reloaded from backup and tried again. All I seem to remember was trying to make a unit stronger. I think the change affected some internal calculation. Try lowering a stat value instead of increasing - just to see if it would crash. I think that's what I did. If it does not crash, then you can try increasing to some other value. Remember to backup before ANY kind of change. Good Luck!
  • TrelopaidoTrelopaido Posts: 3Registered Users
    hmmm...thank you!
  • _JP__JP_ Posts: 5Registered Users
    You have to use Notepad++ to edit the export_descr_unit.txt. If you use editor or something else the saved file structure is different and the game won't recognise the file.
  • CapricornianGoatCapricornianGoat Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    Please try this one.

If you removed slaves (or other factions you do not want) from ownership of your unit in the export_data_unit.txt, also change the export_rebel_factions.txt and remove all references to your unit by commenting it out (put a semi-colon on the line). I think you may also have to do the same removal in the descr_strat.txt file.

I hope my recollection is right. Good luck!
  • TrelopaidoTrelopaido Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you all guys!

I will try it!!!