Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introducing: Necrofex Colossus

CA_JamesCA_James Posts: 16Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Introducing... the Necrofex Colossus - giant, reanimated hulks of flesh, rotting wood and any other pieces of debris used for its construction.

These colossi always hold true to the same basic form of a monstrous humanoid shape, akin to a giant, fashioned upon a frame of timber, iron or bone, onto which the flesh and musculature of the dead have been bound and shaped with scores or sometimes hundreds of corpses used in its creation.

Check out the video here:

Comments

• MartijnvdMMartijnvdM Posts: 35Registered Users
    Nice!

Is it just me or is there something different about the colors in that video? They look way more vibrant than before... Looks good.

Grt M
  • HeatHeat Posts: 70Registered Users
    Sry but this wannabe bad ass voice ....why, just why?
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 745Registered Users
    Arrrgh matey!
  • NameAlreadyExistsNameAlreadyExists Posts: 94Registered Users
    Really cool trailer.

But... shouldn't there be high elves being crushed? :grimace:
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 701Registered Users
    Dat Piratey voice, Whelan is that you?
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Will make for a good target for my archers.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    I was kinda disappointed by the Tomb Kings version tbh... you guys showed laser beams roasting Dark Elf troops... but... in the game he just step on people and snot out some blue orb things.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 665Registered Users
    Arachnarok Spider and Steam tank really need some new textures.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 554Registered Users

I was kinda disappointed by the Tomb Kings version tbh... you guys showed laser beams roasting Dark Elf troops... but... in the game he just step on people and snot out some blue orb things.

It does actually use the laser eyes every now and then.

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 554Registered Users
    Campaign let's play this week ? Pleaseeee :)
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 701Registered Users

Let the Hierotitan get surrounded by non-monster creatures in melee, it'll periodically shoot its eye lasers.
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    The flame thrower RoR version looks sick a hell.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • CarognaCarogna Posts: 244Registered Users
    Video is cool and all but I'd like to have Al Bikham or Simon Mann back as narrators.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,459Registered Users
    Release the game please! Do we really need another WEEK of waiting>??!
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,665Registered Users

This I have seen enough battles, would be cool to get video on new Campaign mechanics, how infamy, pirate coves, unique ships and buildings look like.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 1,816Registered Users

This I have seen enough battles, would be cool to get video on new Campaign mechanics, how infamy, pirate coves, unique ships and buildings look like.
    Wont be long before lots of youtube and press releases, updated press build on steamdb for TWW 2:

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 2,863Registered Users
    As the more vocal among us have already pointed out, this is clearly just a reskin of the arachnarok spider. Look, they're both even in the same game. So, clearly the same.
    RIP
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 3,521Registered Users
    Very nice model, one of the best in the game alongside the Hierotitan and the Mortis Engine.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    The loading animation was a nice touch.
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 665Registered Users

As the more vocal among us have already pointed out, this is clearly just a reskin of the arachnarok spider. Look, they're both even in the same game. So, clearly the same.

What I was referring to was the big gap in texture quality between Arachnarok/Steam tank and the Necrofex. Its like night and day, because they only started using 4k textures for the bigger monsters with the dlcs for game 1.

Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 2,863Registered Users

What I was referring to was the big gap in texture quality between Arachnarok/Steam tank and the Necrofex. Its like night and day, because they only started using 4k textures for the bigger monsters with the dlcs for game 1.

And I was referring to the people that have said the Necrofex is a simple reskin of the Hierotitan and the Prometheans are reskins of the Arachnarok. Was not referring to you. Merely being sarcastic to those that call these simple reskins.
    RIP
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,224Registered Users
    Heat said:

Sry but this wannabe bad ass voice ....why, just why?

Whelan the Eternal Challenger was trying hard to sound like a Pirate and not like a Lumberjack. :)
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 2,674Registered Users
    Flamethrower is a pretty thrower.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• NinjipplesNinjipples Posts: 412Registered Users
    It'd be great if you could introduce me to the patch notes...
  • ptavangarptavangar Posts: 1,012Registered Users

Nice!

Is it just me or is there something different about the colors in that video? They look way more vibrant than before... Looks good.

Grt M

Don't trust anything you see on these videos. Many misleading false information. The colors are an example but more importantly, the animations. They keep showing this firing animation where the colossus fires in quick succession in single shots with a ratcheting effect in between each one. That is false. I saw the tournament and they fire all four cannons ONCE with no ratcheting or twirling of the cannons. The only time they twirl is with the idle animation. Would've been so much cooler if they had these animations in the actual game...
  • andreii707andreii707 Constanta, RomaniaPosts: 600Registered Users
    ptavangar said:

Nice!

Grt M

Don't trust anything you see on these videos. Many misleading false information. The colors are an example but more importantly, the animations. They keep showing this firing animation where the colossus fires in quick succession in single shots with a ratcheting effect in between each one. That is false. I saw the tournament and they fire all four cannons ONCE with no ratcheting or twirling of the cannons. The only time they twirl is with the idle animation. Would've been so much cooler if they had these animations in the actual game...
    The colors are most likely due to allegience, they kinda look like they're from Noctilus' faction now.

As for the animation, I think that the animation where it fires in succesion happens in melee. At range it shoots all 4 projectiles but in melee from what I saw it uses the gun along with the claw and the stomp, firing only 1 projectile.
    "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
  • rothamon81rothamon81 AustriaPosts: 103Registered Users
    In the last minutes of turins twitch streams he showed the RoR Necrofex Flamethrower.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    ptavangar said:

Nice!

Grt M

Unfortunately for you they're not doing newly made animations in these videos. They never have, they do the animations they can actually do. And it's pretty obvious at times when the video quality is such when you have other units in the videos running around only doing the animations they have on the unit highly reels.

Some times when you're looking to be negative it just leads you to make statements that have no merit in truth.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 1,816Registered Users
    edited October 30

ptavangar said:

Nice!

Grt M

The colors are most likely due to allegience, they kinda look like they're from Noctilus' faction now.

As for the animation, I think that the animation where it fires in succesion happens in melee. At range it shoots all 4 projectiles but in melee from what I saw it uses the gun along with the claw and the stomp, firing only 1 projectile.
    Yes, I pointed this out on the Sunday of the Everchosen tournament, day 1 was all long range stuff with a point and fire broadside animation, it was not used much and got sniped. Day 2 was better used more and got in melee - see around 2hrs 53 mins 50 secs in on youtube - single shot stuff at point blank range, great stuff.

Edit Good showcase of unit in conjunction with the fellow that resupplies ammo, Turin used him with Noctilus and Queen Bess -frightening, its around 2Hr 30 mins in but only on Twitch I think so not so easy to watch.

Post edited by twwatcher on
  • VladdyVladdy Posts: 204Registered Users
    This is an incredible unit. I realy like it.