Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA, please add Gor-Rok as a LL for Itza! (Lizardmen)

Comments

• TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited April 2019
    ---
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • FraxinusFraxinus Registered Users Posts: 467
    I'm 100% with you on this one. Some people seem to think that Gor-Rok is somehow too similar to Kroq-Gar because they're both Saurus, but I think they would have completely different roles and playstyles. Kroq-Gar is fast, offense-focused, and great and hunting down big creatures or mounted lords. Gor-Rok would be slower, tougher, and perfect for holding a line and smashing apart enemy infantry and foot lords.

Basically Kroq-Gar is a hammer, Gor-Rok is an anvil. He could give defensive bonuses to Saurus Warriors to encourage a playstyle somewhat similar to the Dwarves, with an unbreakable infantry line that wears the opponent down.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,498
    Because being an on foot melee beast has worked out so well for Grimgor in TWWH....
    Itharus said:

Because being an on foot melee beast has worked out so well for Grimgor in TWWH....

This really isn't an argument. Saying "This didn't work well in TW:W1, so clearly it won't work in TW:W2" discounts all the progress they've made between games.

Most of the non-DLC races in the first game only had one or two starting locations, with Greenskins as a notable exception; meanwhile in TW:W2, every single Legendary Lord leads their own faction and starts in a separate area. In the first game, races simply couldn't colonize outside of their preferred territory; now we have a whole climate system and you can paint the entire map if you so choose.

There have been so many design and technical improvements, I'm confident that they would be able to make a foot lord who would actually be competitive now. I also think there's a good chance that Grimgor will be changed when Greenskins finally get their update, so that he is competitive as well.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,847
    I'm not opposed to Gor-Rok as the FLC lord.

But I do wonder where all this hype for him comes from. He basically just looks cool. That's it.

I know he has lore where he solo'd a bunch of nasty things at once...but so does literally each and every other melee oriented hero in the game. It's not impressive if everybody does it.

I don't see the unique playstyle potential of this guy either. He's a straight forward melee grinder. He literally would function like a stripped down version of Throgg and/or a slightly enhanced version of Grimgor....aka...nothing we haven't already seen/played with before.

Granted, his aesthetic is cool. And he brings about as much to the table as any of the other FLC candidates (Kroak has a similar problem of potentially having overlap with existing Slaan...any Skink characters potentially having overlap with the inevitable Tehenhauin, etc.)....so I'm not saying he shouldn't make it in. By all means, he seems just as valid a pick as anybody. But I guess I don't understand what's so 'special' or 'unique' about this guy that keeps causing all the hype in comparison to other options.

For example, Nakai would accomplish the same thing , and at least be a more unique model/concept. I'm not specifically saying I'd prefer Nakai...I'm just saying they seem to about the same thing in my mind....yet Gor-Rok is treated like this ultra special 'must-have' and Nakai is treated as a 'meh'...take it or leave it idea.....when both characters basically add the SAME THING in terms of playstyle to the game. So why aren't they both considered 'meh/take it or leave it'?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Lizardmen fan. They're my favorite faction in single player, and second favorite in multiplayer, and I'm super excited for this lord pack and I'll gladly do both a playthrough with Tehenhauin and a playthrough with whomever the FLC choice is, Gor-Rok or otherwise. But Gor-Rok seems pretty simple/basic/one-dimensional to me. Why do people support him so much more than the other candidates?

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,440
    Tenenhuain for Itza.

Or somewhere. Not sure. But having him in Itza makes sense since he'd be facing both Skrolk and Ikit (if Ikit is coming) since Clan Skryre is up about above Teclis I think. After all, Tenenhuain should fight Skaven.

Though I do think that Gor-Rok would be a good choice for the FLC.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    Prophet of Sotek has nothing to do with Itza.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • chinchilla2chinchilla2 Registered Users Posts: 29
    I love Gor-Rok too; however, part of me hopes that it might be Oxyotl. I think he might be the only living soul to have spent years in the chaos wastes and survived.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    Itharus said:

Considering that Gor-Rok is a giant saurus would be one of the lords with more mass and defensive statistics of the game. And if anything has proved the game is that the size (along with considerable defensive statistics) in the lords on foot is what makes them work today.
    Valkaar said:

I'm not opposed to Gor-Rok as the FLC lord.

But I do wonder where all this hype for him comes from. He basically just looks cool. That's it.

I know he has lore where he solo'd a bunch of nasty things at once...but so does literally each and every other melee oriented hero in the game. It's not impressive if everybody does it.

I don't see the unique playstyle potential of this guy either. He's a straight forward melee grinder. He literally would function like a stripped down version of Throgg and/or a slightly enhanced version of Grimgor....aka...nothing we haven't already seen/played with before.

Granted, his aesthetic is cool. And he brings about as much to the table as any of the other FLC candidates (Kroak has a similar problem of potentially having overlap with existing Slaan...any Skink characters potentially having overlap with the inevitable Tehenhauin, etc.)....so I'm not saying he shouldn't make it in. By all means, he seems just as valid a pick as anybody. But I guess I don't understand what's so 'special' or 'unique' about this guy that keeps causing all the hype in comparison to other options.

For example, Nakai would accomplish the same thing , and at least be a more unique model/concept. I'm not specifically saying I'd prefer Nakai...I'm just saying they seem to about the same thing in my mind....yet Gor-Rok is treated like this ultra special 'must-have' and Nakai is treated as a 'meh'...take it or leave it idea.....when both characters basically add the SAME THING in terms of playstyle to the game. So why aren't they both considered 'meh/take it or leave it'?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Lizardmen fan. They're my favorite faction in single player, and second favorite in multiplayer, and I'm super excited for this lord pack and I'll gladly do both a playthrough with Tehenhauin and a playthrough with whomever the FLC choice is, Gor-Rok or otherwise. But Gor-Rok seems pretty simple/basic/one-dimensional to me. Why do people support him so much more than the other candidates?

Nakai is an unknown quantity - deliberately so. He is made out to be mysterious in the lore on-purpose, and thus it's almost impossible to say that he would be the same as Gor-Rok.

In fact, I would wager that he would be very different. Gor-Rok would have a defensive focus and - in my opinion - give buffs to your line troops, like Saurus Warriors and Temple Guard. Meanwhile, Nakai would probably lead a more monstrous army like Throgg, with buffs to Kroxigors and maybe big dinosaurs as well. Less of a traditional army and more of a big hammer.

There is nothing about Nakai's lore - what little we know if it anyway - that suggests anything defensive. Like most Kroxigors, he wields a giant club, no shield like Gor-Rok has. He shows up during times of great danger, helps the Lizardmen out with one or two battles, and then disappears into the jungle again.

Also, he is not associated with any particular temple-city. Gor-Rok is the protector of Itza, probably the single most important Lizardmen city in the lore. That gives him a natural connection and a reason to be the faction leader. Meanwhile, if you were trying to decide what faction to make Nakai the leader of, you could just pick a name out of a hat - and most of them already have established leaders in the lore, so you'd probably end up having to invent a brand-new faction to give him command of.

Basically, Nakai would involve a lot more hand-waving and would require the developers to make up a great deal to explain him, whereas Gor-Rok pretty much already has everything laid out for him.
  • RiddlebickRiddlebick Registered Users Posts: 252
    For me, it has to be Lord Kroak.
    The first living being in the world that gave his body to close chaosgates and lost his life in the end times. As he had to see both, the start and the end of the world.
    Gives me goosebumps.
    Korak all the way.
    :#
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,440
    brago90 said:

Itharus said:

Considering that Gor-Rok is a giant saurus would be one of the lords with more mass and defensive statistics of the game. And if anything has proved the game is that the size (along with considerable defensive statistics) in the lords on foot is what makes them work today.
    To be fair, Grimgor is also supposed to be massively large.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,411
    Itharus said:

Fraxinus said:

This really isn't an argument. Saying "This didn't work well in TW:W1, so clearly it won't work in TW:W2" discounts all the progress they've made between games.

How about Grimgor is still trash in TWWH2 and CA has signaled that they've thrown in the towel on making Melee lords competitive when they gave Felheart a dragon.

Aside from that Gor-Rok is one of the least interesting options left, he's just a big Saurus with no mounts.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,411

I love Gor-Rok too; however, part of me hopes that it might be Oxyotl. I think he might be the only living soul to have spent years in the chaos wastes and survived.

It would be nice to see Oxyotl start in the chaos wastes at some point at the very least, might be a great start pos for Malus too.
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited April 2019
    ---
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,386
    I agree. Give us Gor-Rok!

• HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 2,363
    I think they might do that Kroxigor guy, for more variety.
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • ChukchataChukchata Registered Users Posts: 901
    I'm hoping for Tehenhauin and Nakai, to be honest. Gor'rok is cool, but I like Nakai more, especially if he comes festooned with gold trinkets like the Blingodile he is.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 901
    :/ Sry it will be Lord Kroak :/
  • VarintrazVarintraz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 390
    edited October 2018
    Okay.
    personally I would like to see Tehenhauin and Nakai. Nakai starting in Albion. The problem is where starts Tehenhauin. It is 100% given that we get Itza as a new start (FLC or DLC). Tehenhauin does not fit Itza very well. He comes from chaqua but this city is destroyed.
    -> 3 options
    1: He starts in Xlanhuapec (next big city to chaqua) and we get Gor Rok or Kroak as FLC LL in Itza (most likely)
    2. He starts in Itza and an underdog like Nakai or Oxyotl makes the cut wit Albion (my hope)
    3. What if it isn't Tehenhauin ? Maybe Gor Rok in Itza and Nakai in Albion. Or Oxyotl or Tik Taq to

Regarding the topic I love every of these characters. Just think the Tehenhauin/Nakai combination would be the coolest with most different gameplay/start positions and skills.
    If we really get Gor Rok (what is very likely) I hope he takes Kross gars spot of the Saurus infantry leader. (give upkeep bonus to him) and make Kroq gar the saurus rider super power he is in lore. Bonusses for cavalry pls !!!
    Otherwise Gor Rok would just be Kroq Gar 2.0 without cool carnosaur.
    Post edited by Varintraz on
    Team Lizardmen
  • EnergyzedEnergyzed Registered Users Posts: 441
    I think it seems more reasonable to expect prophet of Sotek as DLC due to rivalry with Skaven and Lord Kroak as free LL, he even apears on 1 of the Lizardmen cinematics and would make more sense for him to be on Itza.
  • GravordGravord Registered Users Posts: 115
    GN93 said:

Itza, the first Temple-City, needs a LL and he's the perfect fit.

He'd be a heavily defensive on-foot Tank, that holds the line, the opposite to Kroq-Gar's monstrous anti-large game-play.

It would also give CA the opportunity to add a fan favorite; Lord Kroak in-game (also from Itza), in some form of Rite or Green-Knight esque mechanic. Maybe even Kroak could telepathically give Gor-Rok commands, like retrieve Lizardmen artifacts from various armies and settlements around the world. This would be true to the lore and make for fun and unique game-play.

CA would be making a huge mistake, not adding him in-game. I really think he would make such a great addition to the Lizardmen roster.

Excellent ideas.
    Also it gives another faction in Lustria which is most desolated area by LL atm.
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,250

Malekith managed it as well, an incredible feat really.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    The MP shouldn't be a barrier to adding a lord, even if a saurus is not that distinctive. But unless we get a kroxigor, there aren't that many templates for lords with LM in general.

He could have charge resistance vs all, as his shield implies, but in campaign foot lords can be viable. Just make the mounted versions of lord super costly in MP and call it a day. Or make their MA/MD trash compared to the foot version but then they would be a pure sidegrade and no upgrade.

Question is what would his campaign be about ? The prophet of sotek has sacrifices to be done and drive out the rats once and for all. The last defenders have be sent away. Would he be the foil to Luther Arkon?
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    The perfect scenario for me would be Gorrok leading Itza faction with Kroak as a summonable bound hero through the rite.

As for something really obscure, CA may add Nakai starting in Albion. I believe he was helping Mazda to capture and hold the island for terraforming.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,284
    We will get a kroxigor LL and Skink LL. That would make the most sense.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,102
    Since Tehenhauin kinda has to be in the jungle. I'd rather have someone start elsewhere, put Gor-rok in Albion or something along those lines.

Honestly I'd rather have Nakai so we get a krox lord.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,160
    Mark my words, we'll get:

Gor-Rok in Itza, with Lord Kroak as a unique faction mechanic/rite/summon/battle ability.

Tehenhauin in Zlatlan (Vortex) and in the Jungles of Green mist (in ME)

I believe!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,391
    Isn't it better to see Nakai instead?

1 Slann
    1 Saurus
    1 Skink
    1 Kroxigor
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 769
    Of the Lizardmen lords I feel Tehenhauin should be included as a representation of Skinks , especially if they add him cool animations like crest movement to show he is angry or his heart ripping pose.

Something in between these two:

For remaining lord I would leave that for Lizardmen fans to decide I'l quote Godzilla "Let them fight". :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file