Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA, please add Gor-Rok as a LL for Itza! (Lizardmen)

Comments

• vintagepurplevintagepurple Registered Users Posts: 800
    How do Gor-Rok fans feel about Tretch?
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,238

I understand that ironically meta complaining makes you feel smart, but could you at least look at the broad picture before repeating your apologist mantra over and over again?

People hating Tretch not because he is a no name by himself (and comparing him to Gor-Rok isn't even remotely close judging by their lore material), but because he took the place of an actual important Skaven character, like Thanq, Ikit or Throt.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    Enforest said:

I understand that ironically meta complaining makes you feel smart, but could you at least look at the broad picture before repeating your apologist mantra over and over again?

People hating Tretch not because he is a no name by himself (and comparing him to Gor-Rok isn't even remotely close judging by their lore material), but because he took the place of an actual important Skaven character, like Thanq, Ikit or Throt.
    So like Gor-Rok?

Enforest said:

So like Gor-Rok?
    No? Show your ignorance somewhere else please.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,624
    99% agree, I really want him he is so badass and just looks insane, I would also like to see Nakai, but I know he isnt really a leader so for a lord Gor'rok for **** SURE !

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,624
    Itharus said:

Because being an on foot melee beast has worked out so well for Grimgor in TWWH....

Well he is much bigger, than a normal saurus, his shield could could give him INSANE MASS, making people breaking on it, he is also Close to the size of a Kroxigor.

Kranox said:

Itharus said:

Because being an on foot melee beast has worked out so well for Grimgor in TWWH....

Well he is much bigger, than a normal saurus, his shield could could give him INSANE MASS, making people breaking on it, he is also Close to the size of a Kroxigor.
    Grimgor should have been made large and fuction like Throgg in battle. I don't know what is the deal for CA not to implement it still.

Same should apply to Gor-Rok as well.

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Gor rok for LL with Kroak as summonable green knight/ superweapon Bess variant.

And nakai and oxyotl as legendary heroes.
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited April 2019
    ---
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
    edited April 2019
    ---
    Enforest said:

Enforest said:

So like Gor-Rok?
    He appeared later than Tretch and has exactly as much lore- one army book entry and one model.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Gor-Rok
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Tretch_Craventail

Note the sources. Tretch manages four paragraphs rather than three, while Gor Rok gets an extra magic item.
    edited April 2019
    ---
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239

Enforest said:

Enforest said:

So like Gor-Rok?
    He appeared later than Tretch and has exactly as much lore- one army book entry and one model.

Note the sources. Tretch manages four paragraphs rather than three, while Gor Rok gets an extra magic item.
    Gor-Rok has 2 armybook entries. 1 from 8th Edition Lizardmen as per the wiki, one from 7th edition Lizardmen:

Enforest said:

Enforest said:

So like Gor-Rok?

And now return to my first post and re-read it again.

The lore of Gor-rok on these wiki pages you like to link literally says that he is the one who protects Itza and leads it's armies. There are nobody else left to lead the Lizardmen capital except for Kroak, who is a mummy that can communicate through a special skink once in a blue moon.

And we also have a named lord of a minor skaven clan, that didn't even come with its signature Deathvermin unit.

How many important characters of Skavendom we won't see because of him? At least one of the Tranquol, Ikit and Throt trio.

With you pushing "Tretch had more characters in his entry so he must be more important than Gor-rok" despite being proven wrong many times by other forum users, this constant meta complaining become tiresome to say at least.

edited October 2018
    Oh and to cap it off. Skaven 7th Edition (Tretch's Edition) was released on November 2009. Lizardmen 7th Edition (with Gor-Rok) was released on February 2009.

So yeah. Can't just rely on wikis all the time, sometimes you just gotta do your own research.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    Couldn't you just say : "LM don't have many characters to pick from whereas Skaven have many distinctive ones ?"

It's an issue of the whole LM fluff, that they don't have many personnalities, actually. Tenahaim is the only one to have acted out of some kind of egotism, disobeying orders and instillating a new faith, he's the biggest outlier of the whole race. The lore of the others can mainly be resumed as "killed many chaos and invader things, or stand eternally guard".

Somehow, it gives me the wibe that LM beyond the whole "dinosaurs!" stick are maybe the blandest faction, on an individual order. Even the honorable dwarfs have the insane grudges and petty actions, plus an humorous side going for them in term of diversity. (even if they are kinda similar obviously)

Sorry, I've disgressed.

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    Kroak all the way. He's the longest running LM character who's appeared in all 4 army books. It'd be a shame not to see him at the head of the Itza faction.
    edited October 2018
    All this talk about Itza and Kroak has given me the motivation to bring out the White Dwarf entry for Itza's army, found on issue 306 (the same one that had the base roster for Luthor Harkon's Vampire Coast).

Keep in mind this is 6E, before the 7th Edition Lizardmen Armybook and the appearance of Gor-Rok. There's a Saurus Oldblood called Lord Gor-Boq though who might or might not be Gor-Rok's prototype.

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,068
    GN93 said:

jamreal18 said:

Isn't it better to see Nakai instead?

1 Slann
    1 Saurus
    1 Skink
    1 Kroxigor

No, Kroxigors aren't capable of leading armies. They are too dumb to be in a position of command.

That isn't a strong enough reason to shoe-horn him in anyway.
    Doesn't mean that applies to Nakai.

We don't really need a reason to shoe horn anyone in. If they were a hero in tabletop they can lead armies in total war.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,383
    Gor-rok, that lesser Kroq-Gar ?
    Ca, bring Tenehauin or Sotek will be REEALLY angry. You're warned :grimace:
    Wargol5 said:

Gor-rok, that lesser Kroq-Gar ?
    Ca, bring Tenehauin or Sotek will be REEALLY angry. You're warned :grimace:

99% is going to happen with the paid LL pack.

• Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,516
    Just what Lizardmen need after being neglected for so long since the release of the game. A white Kroq-Gar who is slightly bigger and can't bring a mount. Not like there's a character already that in the game who is in a really poor state. Possibly with regeneration and more Saurus buffs, just to make Lizardmen more boring to play, since CA clearly doesn't want Lizardmen to be a fun faction to play, considering the recent cold blood and rampage reworks
    ANY other lord they go with will be better than this guy
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,792
    Nakai - for variety
    Gor-rok - almost the same with Kroq Gar
    Kroak - almost the same with Mazdamundi
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    Kroak has only one (powerfull) spell, but he's no leader, more like a living warmachine.
  • TenaciousBadgerTenaciousBadger Registered Users Posts: 49
    edited October 2018
    Realistically Nakai and Gor-rok seem like they would play incredibly similarly based on that they are close to the same size and are melee only foot-heroes.

Nakai is a Kroxigor, GR is a Albino saurus.
    Nakai has a 2 hander, GR has a shield.
    Nakai will buff Krox, GR will buff saurus.
    Nakai is a nomad, GR is a guardian.

They will have different campaign buffs and benefits but in battle will play very similarly.

No matter which one comes I will be glad to play them. Aesthetically they both will look awesome.

A scarred up Albino monster saurus or a blinged out Krox either way is cool to me.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 6,899

Just what Lizardmen need after being neglected for so long since the release of the game. A white Kroq-Gar who is slightly bigger and can't bring a mount. Not like there's a character already that in the game who is in a really poor state. Possibly with regeneration and more Saurus buffs, just to make Lizardmen more boring to play, since CA clearly doesn't want Lizardmen to be a fun faction to play, considering the recent cold blood and rampage reworks
    ANY other lord they go with will be better than this guy

But this is the FLC LL, there will also be a DLC which will be Tehenhain who will be very unique. Gor Rok isn't just a white Kroq and isn't slightly bigger. As I recall he is probably near Kroxigor size and his lore is more based on him being incredibly powerful and tough solo, Kroq is more focussed on his mount. Also I am not sure how the cold blood rework makes them more boring, now it will allow you to regain control of rampaging units which I think is far better than the heal which made Kroq just rather silly with his healing capabilities and wasn't really loreful or that interesting.

Plus, as I said, the FLC LM lord will come with DLC LP so will have units with it too, why are you acting like the FLC LL is the only thing LM are going to get?
    edited October 2018
    My bad then, Tretch and Gor-Rok are even more identical except Tretch never got a second pass. And lol at Gor-Rok being "iconic" compared to Kroak and Tehenhuain. Or even Oxyotl.

He's way lamer than Tretch. Tretch at least has a solid gimmick. Warhammer does not need more "he's so big and punches hard, like, the best puncher. Punches for days, at a time. He once punched a whole army for a week. He's the baddest badass of this badass race of fightmen. The biggest too. You may have thought it was the character from the last page, but seriously, it's this guy. Those guys from the other army books? LOL. No. They are scrubs. This guy would win."
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    jamreal18 said:

Nakai - for variety
    Gor-rok - almost the same with Kroq Gar
    Kroak - almost the same with Mazdamundi

I'd venture to say that Kroak is more different from Mazdamundi than Gor-Rok is from Kroq-Gar. GR and KG are both pure melee characters at the end of the day. Maz is pure caster while Kroak would be more of a support lord who can cast one spell as opposed to another pure caster.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,616

My bad then, Tretch and Gor-Rok are even more identical except Tretch never got a second pass. And lol at Gor-Rok being "iconic" compared to Kroak and Tehenhuain. Or even Oxyotl.

He's way lamer than Tretch. Tretch at least has a solid gimmick. Warhammer does not need more "he's so big and punches hard, like, the best puncher. Punches for days, at a time. He once punched a whole army for a week. He's the baddest badass of this badass race of fightmen. The biggest too. You may have thought it was the character from the last page, but seriously, it's this guy. Those guys from the other army books? LOL. No. They are scrubs. This guy would win."

^^Best lore summary I've ever read :-) Props :-)

On your first point though, most people assume that Tehenhauin is guaranteed with the DLC. I agree though, if we get Gor-Rok instead of Tehenhauin, I'll definitely be annoyed. The Prophet of Sotek is the one I'm actually looking forward with this pack.

For the FLC, Kroak is lorewise perhaps more iconic than Gor-Rok, but gameplay-wise, I'll probably keep on preferring to use Mazda after a single playthrough. But then again, if we get Gor-Rok, I'll probably prefer to keep using Kroq-Gar after a single playthrough as well. That's where I think Nakai might? be the most unique...buffing Kroxigors would give me a whole new flavor of Lizardmen to try, even if he's not as iconic as any of the rest of them.
    edited April 2019
    ---

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file