Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Bake Off: Sylvanian Black Bread

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 799Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

It's the night of the living bread...

As it's Halloween - and because we're getting hyped for Curse of the Vampire Coast - we got some CA employees to bake some Vampire Counts bread... and to taste test it.

The black bread of Sylvania is an acquired taste. Its loaves are black and lumpen; the flour coming from the haunted mills, whose weed-swaddled water wheels turn at night to produce a course meal of grain and ground bone. The bread tastes abominably sour.

For more info and to try it yourself - click: www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-bake-off-sylvanian-black-bread

Comments

• BobgoblinBobgoblin Posts: 246Registered Users
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 1,916Registered Users
    Sylvania black bread....

Sounds like a worse version of dark rye.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,252Registered Users
    When they said "beetroot and cumin" I thought they said "beetroot and human"...
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Posts: 485Registered Users
    Cooking DLC revealed , halfings confirmed! :D
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,958Registered Users
    I love this feature. But it needs more Mary Berry ... difficult to think who is senior enough to fit the bill ... unless Joey is still around?

:o

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 691Registered Users
    0/10 not enough blood
    Sigmar wills it!
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 3,252Registered Users
    Halloween? That's a heresy. But tomorrow is All Saints' Day so I appreciate baked goods. Going for Milk Slice myself today.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    This was way funnier than I thought it was going to be!

Thank you guys for making it! Dead serious: I will show this to some of my non-Total War fan friends, and they'll probably get a kick out of it as well.

I'd be down for more of these :-) But yes! Joey should do one!
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,426Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    #Undeadbread
    Hope they are fine. Always find it a bit risky to test someone cooking skills. So not a big fan of such experiments.
    Anyway, Grace and Wheels are cute and nice as always. And also almost ready to live in Sylvania or Vampire Coast. Just need to wear some clothes from garlic and crucifixes and build house from silver spikes sourounded with Holy Water and Banishment instead of Alarm and everything would be ok.

Also, Happy Halloween to everyone! ^w^
    Post edited by Elder_Moloch on
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 4,308Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    Was good fun. The apprehension before each bread makes me wonder how little you think of the cooking skills of your fellow coworkers and how much that has to do with what they normally bring for lunch?
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • GW_84GW_84 Posts: 197Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

Was good fun. The apprehension before each bread makes me wonder how little you think of the cooking skills of your fellow coworkers and how much that has to do with what they normally bring for lunch?

To be fair, the apprehension was mostly justified.

I too would be horrified at the prospect of having to eat anything my coworkers would bake...
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    Ground bone?

Is that what you did to Dogbert?!
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Posts: 1,219Registered Users
    edited October 2018
    Grace, Wheels... a-are you guys okay ? Still alive ? :sweat_smile:
  • Mstewa30Mstewa30 Posts: 337Registered Users

Halloween? That's a heresy. But tomorrow is All Saints' Day so I appreciate baked goods. Going for Milk Slice myself today.

Can you hear, what I hear?
    It's calling you my dear!
    Out of reaaaaaaaaach :#

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 6,142Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Ground bone?

Is that what you did to Dogbert?!

Proof of life now or we riot.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 6,142Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

It's the night of the living bread...

As it's Halloween - and because we're getting hyped for Curse of the Vampire Coast - we got some CA employees to bake some Vampire Counts bread... and to taste test it.

The black bread of Sylvania is an acquired taste. Its loaves are black and lumpen; the flour coming from the haunted mills, whose weed-swaddled water wheels turn at night to produce a course meal of grain and ground bone. The bread tastes abominably sour.

For more info and to try it yourself - click: www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-bake-off-sylvanian-black-bread

The dreamteam is back!
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    Mstewa30 said:

I'm sure there are some singing Saints but tomorrow bells will do the honours. Good folks' chants and sizzling candles over the graves. I don't think there is more beautiful place than cemetery on 1st and 2nd of the November. I don't think even Christmas decorations can rival it. I just love Holydays.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,252Registered Users
    Mstewa30 said:

I can hear it, calling you!
    I'm coming not drowning!
    Swimming closer to yoooooouuuuuu!!!
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,877Registered Users
    Clearly @CA_Ella didn't wanted to taste those breads, so @Grace_CA was called in her stead.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.

Mstewa30 said:

I can hear it, calling you!
    I'm coming not drowning!
    Swimming closer to yoooooouuuuuu!!!
    :D
    edited October 2018

Mstewa30 said:

I'm sure there are some singing Saints but tomorrow bells will do the honours. Good folks' chants and sizzling candles over the graves. I don't think there is more beautiful place than cemetery on 1st and 2nd of the November. I don't think even Christmas decorations can rival it. I just love Holydays.
    Really? Cause I’ve never ever have I ever felt so low as I did last November 1st

I didn’t know when I was gonna get out of that black hole
  • BeachedWalrusBeachedWalrus Senior Member Posts: 377Registered Users
    That look of disgust at the end of the video directed at James is just amazing.
    Mstewa30 said:

Mstewa30 said:

Really? Cause I’ve never ever have I ever felt so low as I did last November 1st

I didn’t know when I was gonna get out of that black hole
    Well, that's the thing. Sadness is beautiful. There is no value in happy moments until they are viewed through lenses of seeping misery.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,005Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    The things one has to do when in certain types of jobs and various times of the year. Having been there I am extremely glad I'm retired!
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • endurendur Posts: 2,698Registered Users
    I liked the Halloween video. Thanks for posting.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 866Registered Users
    Good stuff, more baking shenanigans........... how about a Festag (Christmas) cake thingummybob.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,989Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    It tasted like **** ! I go back to my sweet roll with some balmora Blue with some extra skooma added to it.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • RiddlebickRiddlebick Posts: 218Registered Users
    This is hilarious! xD

I must say, the interaction with the community and all was superb the last week(s)!
    :#
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,219Registered Users
    I prefer Black Orc Ass Stew
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.