Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Before the Tomb Kings are left in dust

YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,859
Hi everyone,
I would like to share my mind on TK and what I would like to see for them, before TWW2 support ends.
First of all, I would love them to get Confederation in some shape or form. Even Arkhan the Black is willing to bent the knee to save his life and in a way work for Settra until his master returns (I think this is written in 8th edition army book of TK). So one way how to do it is to have clones of these LLs in your Lord pool and they would be unlocked when you kill of their faction (obviously Settra would be the only one you could not get this way, 'cause he does not serve and you know the rest). The other way would be to rework confederation for TKs, but that would be more difficult and would require more work from CA.
Secondly, I would love to see High Liche priests for them, as to have only one Lord option is quite lackluster.
Lastly, the bone giant variant with dual weapons which was found in datas would be a welcomed last addition.
What do you thing? Will these things be addressed before TWW3 or are the Tomb Kings at the end with the support from CA.

PS: I am aware that TWW1 races are in more dire need of additional things, but please try to leave them out of this discussion, thanks :smile:

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀

Comments

• EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,241
    Everything besides melee version of bone giant is already fixable by mods.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,859
    Enforest said:

Well mods are not everything, are they? This would be a lovely farewell to Tomb Kings by CA

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    I can say a thing that everyone will tell you. They are done
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    I'm okay with them not confederating. The only thing I'd really like is the High Liche Priest, for the same reasons you outline. And, if we were being really indulgent, the Khemric Titan.
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 999
    I agree that TK needs their High Lich generic lords, but CA probably isn't going to budge on confederation, and honestly with TK I'm not all that concerned about it. Every generic lord starts off with Immortality so for me it makes having more than one LL on my roster less of a big deal.

As for another type of Bone Giant, sure, why not? However, TK buffs, additions and/or add-ons don't seem to be on CAs radar. They've surprised me before though so who can say whether they'll get anything else any time soon? I'm just not going to hold my breath though.

Enforest said:

So I went trough the mods and I've found out that none of them allows you to confederate Arkhan for some reason... From the army book "Their battles end in stalemate, and only when Arkhan bows his head and utters false promises of fealty does Settra return satisfied to Khemri. Whilst Arkhan feigns servitude, he is secretly plotting for a way to hasten the inevitable return of Nagash" → this shows that he is willing to save his neck, bent the knee and serve, but in secrecy he still is loyal to Nagash. (Could be the only lord with loyalty system for TKs when confederated :smile: )

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    crazycrix said:

Enforest said:

So I went trough the mods and I've found out that none of them allows you to confederate Arkhan for some reason... From the army book "Their battles end in stalemate, and only when Arkhan bows his head and utters false promises of fealty does Settra return satisfied to Khemri. Whilst Arkhan feigns servitude, he is secretly plotting for a way to hasten the inevitable return of Nagash" → this shows that he is willing to save his neck, bent the knee and serve, but in secrecy he still is loyal to Nagash. (Could be the only lord with loyalty system for TKs when confederated :smile: )
    Seems like you could achieve the same result in-game with Settra forcing Arkhan into vassalage and then Arkhan rebelling.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,646
    They only reason I'm for them fixing/finding a way around it, is that i dont want future factions to not be able to Confederate. I like having all of the LL's. I'm still not even sure the vampire coast can confed either. I'm not against separate start positions but ever since the split up the vamps I've never had a game where I was able to get manny and vlad. I dont think they should force separate starts just for the sake of it.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,780
    I do not think all the races are complete yet... and I don't think CA has abandoned them... I believe that when Total War Warhammer 3 is out and it's main DLC's are finished... we will start getting the "final touches" for all 3 games of the trilogy.

I see it as a house construction... first we get the foundations, the walls, the roof (tww1) then we get the flooring, electric, gas, air conditioning, etc (tww2) then we get the carpet, flooring, wall paint... etc (tww3) finally once that is all done... the final touches are put in place, so that we can move in (or in this case... enjoy the full potential of a CA version of Warhammer).
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 788
    edited November 2018

I do not think all the races are complete yet... and I don't think CA has abandoned them... I believe that when Total War Warhammer 3 is out and it's main DLC's are finished... we will start getting the "final touches" for all 3 games of the trilogy.

Hate to disagree but I must. You are likely right in a technical way, CA will continue to touch upon all the factions with minor tweaks. That doesn't qualify as "not abandoning" them however.

I think most table top fans would concur that GW abandoned many factions for years and years, some were permanently abandoned and then of course the entire setting as abandoned with the End Times. However, before End Times there was abandonment by GW of certain factions which wouldn't get army book updates at all.

I really don't see much difference from how GW abandoned factions and how CA is abandoning factions. Saying that we will get final touches after game 3 is completed is just wishing on a star. It's not a realistic time table and it isn't serious.

If CA was serious about all the factions then they would treat every faction the way a MOBA treats each character. You work to make any choice a player can use as equally developed as any other at all times once they go live. You don't come out with a DPS choice and then say "they are missing half their abilities and features and we will get to those in 6 months, but you can play them for now". That's just ridiculous in a multiplayer environment.

Even in a single player viewpoint you want the player experience to be equally engaging no matter which option they choose to play the game with. But it isn't. There are vast discrepancies in the factions and CA will not make any public time table for when that will be addressed.

Instead CA focuses on adding NEW content instead of balancing out the existing content. They focus on entirely other products. They give vague year-long time tables on eventual end points but promise nothing.

If you play the game today and choose a Dark Elf campaign or VCoast campaign then your game experience will be night-and-day different than if you play a Greenskins or Lizardman campaign. If you play multiplayer there are vast differences in tier viability between factions.

CA's answer is to look at the shiny new thing and play Vcoast for the next several months and ignore the abandoned factions until some vague future date.
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Registered Users Posts: 1,799
    @crazycrix
    High Liche Priest and Khemrian Titan from Arcanum.
    Everything else, seem needless and seems like matter of taste and as result could be fixed with mods.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    God. First it was the skaven and lizardmen fans saying their faction was "left behind", now its the Tomb Kings fans... Yall got such good treatment by CA in the first place, and have one of the best and most complete DLCs of all of them, but because something new is coming? suddenly you're being left in the dust? okay.

die about it

• HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 2,267
    You want Settra to confederate and join another faction he is not in charge of?

For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!

God. First it was the skaven and lizardmen fans saying their faction was "left behind", now its the Tomb Kings fans... Yall got such good treatment by CA in the first place, and have one of the best and most complete DLCs of all of them, but because something new is coming? suddenly you're being left in the dust? okay.

What is your problem bro? This discussion is here to discuss the possibility of few addition to Tomb Kings in TWW2 life cycle. It has nothing to do with new things coming out... These are not problems, these are things that would make TKs even better. So please next time try to be more civil :smile:
    Regars,
    Paul

Harkovast said:

You want Settra to confederate and join another faction he is not in charge of?

No, not really :smile: As I have written, he should be able to confederate all the others LLs, but none of them should be able to confederate him :smile: (They would be able to confederate between each other. For instance, Arkhan can confederate Khatep and Khalida)

I feel like Settra should be able to Vassal other Tomb Kings... and have access to their units... not Confederate... confederations mean your too weak to survive alone.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,852

Meanwhile us Empire fans are like ''hello? Can anyone hear us? '' :D.
  • BulanskovichBulanskovich Constanta, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 648
    Thing is the inability for them to confederate is a balance decision. Imagine you playing as Settra, you have 3 lords, next dynasty is quite far away, the Mortuary Cult unlockable quite expensive. Suddenly you get to confederate Khalida, maybe she has another lord.

Suddenly you bypassed a lot of waiting with no real downside.

What I'd like to see, not only for Tomb Kings, is that when a LL's faction dies, you get them in your recruitment pool, level 1.
    "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
    KronusX said:

Meanwhile us Empire fans are like ''hello? Can anyone hear us? '' :D.
    I thought I heard something about the Empire just now... ehhh... just my imagination... So, when we getting more Greenskin LLs :)

Thing is the inability for them to confederate is a balance decision. Imagine you playing as Settra, you have 3 lords, next dynasty is quite far away, the Mortuary Cult unlockable quite expensive. Suddenly you get to confederate Khalida, maybe she has another lord.

Suddenly you bypassed a lot of waiting with no real downside.

What I'd like to see, not only for Tomb Kings, is that when a LL's faction dies, you get them in your recruitment pool, level 1.

Yeah that is what I was saying :smile: