Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Curse of the Vampire Coast - Campaign Let's Play

Comments

• VonhellstingVonhellsting Posts: 511Registered Users
    Arr Captain Wheels famous for the Fellheart massacre...too bad for him it was his crew that got massacred. Well at least he won't have to worry about his crew dying this time round with them being already dead. :p
  • bellyboybellyboy Posts: 143Registered Users
    Wow! This looked awesome!
  • thebiglezthebiglez Posts: 558Registered Users
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,015Registered Users
    edited November 2018

Sherman said:

A little concerned by the fact that there are not countermeasures against pirate (vampires) coves.

There is a countermeasure, completely obliterate the enemy faction that owns the pirate coves.

Which is something that is sort of logical, the elfs want the sea to themselves, the undead are not part of the great plan, the tomb kings are ever vengeful and the skaven are envious that the mechanic they should have belongs to a different faction.
    Got me thinking though, how much will you know about the presence of a cove eg ownership. According to Mitch an agent can create a cove even in a neutral location. Presumably you would get a message but it could be difficult keeping track of what's going on.

Edit: On reddit CA have clarified that the income from coves is in addition to the owner's ie the owner does not lose out.

Edit: Also on reddit: Only the player has access to the Vampire Corruption building if playing as a Coast faction. We thought it would be a bit unfair if the AI was corrupting the lands and you had no easy way of stopping it.
    Post edited by twwatcher on
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Posts: 291Registered Users
    edited November 2018

Ayrius said:

What happens to your pirate coves when the settlement is taken or destroyed by another faction? Is it still there under the mew faction or will you have to rebuild?

Cove is destroyed if razed. If vampire pirates occupy settlement they take over the cove, or simply replace it with theirs (at a cheaper price more likely). If occupied by another faction then the cove will stay there.

Also is anyone else going to mention that now we have unique campaign map settlement icons when the settlement has walls or not. Furthermore did they also make the sea more interesting, they seem to have added extra islands and I don't remember if the coral reef area near Araby was always there but I am really look forward to seeing all the map changes.
    This is not new is it? (the settlement icon)

IIRC that was already the case back in TWWI no?
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,479Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan
    Tbh, while Pirate voice sounds kinda fun, real voice sounds more natural. Also natutal voice is safer to vocal cords, imo.
    Maybe there could be some middle ground between 2 or it could be addressed with some special intonation and more passion.
    Anyway, thanks for nice video and fun narration!

As for video itself - it's really interesting and artwork/video parts are amazing.
    Most of the stuff already was kinda mentioned before in previous streams and messages, of course, but it still nice to see in actual game/in action.
    So not that much new for me, but looks fun, interesting and cool. A lot of small/medium mechanics to work with, which from gameplay perspective probably would be really interesting.
    Also yeah, horde edition seems even more fitting for Vampires, than for anyone else and than I could imagine, with their missing access to global recruitment.

Also. My bad. I appologize, since I may misinformed a lot of people. Sea Giant isn't Ethereal it seems, just a Bone Giant, so it's value not that big (until Devs would make it Ethereal, since Giants probably have souls and it's may be actually easier to take over compared to their bodies).

Still hope that Coast would get 1 Special Mid-tier Infantry (common access) and at least 1 Monster (Single Entity or Elite Monstrous Infantry) for 1100-1800 (or even above) price category.
    Something leechy would be awesome with Vampire, Cove, Sea, Direfin themes. Leech wyrm or Dracoleech(es).

Also small remarks:
    - I don't remember most of the stuff in NW, but it seems campaign map improved a lot as @Infinite_Maw mentioned
    - Maybe Coves should be destroyable, if you destroy your own main settlement building
    - Tech tree seems smaller than Counts one, but maybe it's more effective or maybe it's even needless to have big for Coast
    - Coast seems don't have Channeling stance, which a bit strange for Undead from design aspect, but with current Channeling+Vampire integration maybe it doesn't matter
    - it seems Sartosa still kinda living (based on in game trailer). Maybe there would be some special approach for it for Aranessa for better immersion
    - It seems that Zombie units have at least 2 different variants of appearance
    - Razing settlements seems to grant Infamy
    - Fleet Captian Lady in one of artworks seems don't have hook

Question:
    - Does Vampiric Corruption still cause attrition? Does this mean that one of the Rites just adds additional damage, like Awakened Battlefield?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 82Registered Users

Dear CA, in the upcoming amazing DLC update please include the fixes and improvements for:

- skaven/dark elf loyalty dilemmas (not working at all)

- lizardmen sacred spawning (if you fail/skip the first Sacred Spawning quest the rest will not be working at all, i.e. you will never be offered any of the next Sacred Spawn quests/events for that entire playthrough).

- many lord/hero army-wide skills/traits not working properly (Khalida being a prime example where most of her archer-related skills/traits do not work including her army-wide poison trait on archer ranged attacks, another example being Khainite Assassin and his army-wide Vigor skill)

- intervention armies & minor AI factions almost always losing auto-resolve vs major AI factions regardless of their military strength and armies involved

- many, many quests not working (some dont start at all, others dont give rewards upon completion or properly track progress).

Thank you. @CA_Duck @CA_James @CA_Matthew

This!
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 641Registered Users
    Obviously they are going to add the pirate cove thing to the skaven. Their turn for an overhaul just hasn't happened yet i bet them and the lizardmen are up next.

Team Vampire Counts

• Poenix21Poenix21 Posts: 72Registered Users
    First 2 minutes of the video, me:

"STOP MUMBLING MANLING! Can't stand Mumblers..."
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 461Registered Users

Loyalty Mechanic is not a fun one CA..please stop shoehorning it in everywhere

Pirate coves seem strictly OP in their current state campaign wise and seriously why do vampirates get this mechanic but not skaven? The literal creators of under-empires under people's noses.

Loyalty is good stop complaining, they got to have a downside loyaly balances that out their mechanics on campaign seem very OP as it is.

What i want is to update TW1 races whit Rites... i think is doable.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 603Registered Users

Dear CA, in the upcoming amazing DLC update please include the fixes and improvements for:

- skaven/dark elf loyalty dilemmas (not working at all)

- lizardmen sacred spawning (if you fail/skip the first Sacred Spawning quest the rest will not be working at all, i.e. you will never be offered any of the next Sacred Spawn quests/events for that entire playthrough).

- many lord/hero army-wide skills/traits not working properly (Khalida being a prime example where most of her archer-related skills/traits do not work including her army-wide poison trait on archer ranged attacks, another example being Khainite Assassin and his army-wide Vigor skill)

- intervention armies & minor AI factions almost always losing auto-resolve vs major AI factions regardless of their military strength and armies involved

- many, many quests not working (some dont start at all, others dont give rewards upon completion or properly track progress).

Thank you. @CA_Duck @CA_James @CA_Matthew

I agree 100%. Especially the Loyalty dilemmas and Lizardmen sacred spawning is now a joke.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Posts: 1,453Registered Users
    Coven mechanic is perfect for skaven too :)
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,901Registered Users
    Happy to see Naval Bombardment from the Harkon ships, probably all Pirate Lords will have that.

Model is excellent looks like this artwork

And just to add as usual, more Moon and Night, less Sun in TW: WH2
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,084Registered Users
    That is a hell of a pirate voice.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 898Registered Users
    Man, with that cove system and the tech lords with great ships you can literally just play with your starting settlement (Galleons Graveyard) and just go pillaging like a real pirate. Cant wait to show the world to fear the Dreadfleet!
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Brilliant vid.

If I were @CA_Whelan then I would get an agent for voice over work. I honest thought he was fantastic.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• WhatacruelchoiceWhatacruelchoice Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    That was awesome, so much interesting stuff to play with. This new mechanic of building things in other peoples settlements has a lot of potential.
    Sure the skaven have been mentioned, they should have hidden lairs and eyes everywhere corrupting the cities of the world it would be a great way to represent them.
    How about the wood elves? build the old outpost buildings in allied/beaten settlements for your (insert resource here) and lose the largely pointless, minimal garrison, minimal effect T1 settlements, CA can unleash the old WE AI without turning the map green again.
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,343Registered Users
    I can't wait to watch, still at work, but I shall do so the moment I get back home
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 503Registered Users

CA_Whelan said:

They can walk the plank!
    Aye!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,111Registered Users

Happy to see Naval Bombardment from the Harkon ships, probably all Pirate Lords will have that.

Where be naval bombardment? Me eyes not see them good.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,646Registered Users
    dchip1 said:

I can't wait to plunder Ulthuan!

Glad the High Elves finally resumed their proper place of getting their ass kicked in marketing material ;-P
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,853Registered Users

Loyalty Mechanic is not a fun one CA..please stop shoehorning it in everywhere

Pirate coves seem strictly OP in their current state campaign wise and seriously why do vampirates get this mechanic but not skaven? The literal creators of under-empires under people's noses.

The Loyalty Mechanic was already added in Total War: Warhammer 2 for the Skaven and the Dark Elves, so why would Pirates not have it? Pirates are not known for their Loyalty. The Skaven might still get a similar Mechanic to the Pirate Coves, it's a totally New Mechanic in Total War, so CA needs to test it first anyway.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 730Registered Users

Pretty sure the part where they show the building browser for Luthor's ship has an upgrade that gives an army ability with " zufbar cannons" on the name.

Sure some kind soul will screenshot it or link the time in vid
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,901Registered Users

When he shows horde buildings fo the ship. There is building chain for cannons, shows ability Zhufbar 42 pounder. And also when Luthor is near Lothern his army icon has ability there .
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 730Registered Users

When he shows horde buildings fo the ship. There is building chain for cannons, shows ability Zhufbar 42 pounder. And also when Luthor is near Lothern his army icon has ability there .
    Yeah this.

Also Reddit link to screenshot
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9tb84j/luthor_harkon_legendary_shipbuilding_screengrab/
  • AyriusAyrius Posts: 7Registered Users
    You can alsp see the tier above it as he scrolls down to see the "Sartosa Grapeshot" army ability
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 948Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    @CA_Whelan better be gettin extra booty, fer doin such a grand job thar cap'n! ;)
  • RattusXIIIRattusXIII Posts: 195Registered Users
    Looks great and like it will be a fun Head to Head campaign. I wonder if H2H will be limited to Vampire Coast against Vampire Coast in vortex, like it was for Tomb Kings? Most likely I supposed, since it's unique victory conditions.

I really hope the Pirate Cove mechanic serves as an inspiration for a Skaven Overhaul along with the next Lizard VS Skaven DLC, in which you can build the under-empire!
  • JastallJastall Junior Member Posts: 933Registered Users
    Being honest, the voice got grating after a while.

Beyond that, I liked what I saw, especially Coves and the loyalty mechanics which are quite flavorful.

I do think Coves could end up being under-utilized, because denying land to your enemy is just as important as taking it for yourself and leaving places like Lothern standing is just asking for the HEs to muster more troops from there. And when you want to wipe them off the map, you gotta destroy the cove you built.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,557Registered Users
    I hope that loyalty rework to give buffs/debuffs chance of rebellion on disband is in for Skaven and Dark Elves.