Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Curse of the Vampire Coast - Campaign Let's Play

Comments

• DukeusDukeus Junior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    Looks great.

I just fear i can never solve this riddles with the German version of the Game. Translation will **** it up so bad. Have to look if i can just switch to English without problems.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,952Registered Users
    Great let's play.

I really like the improvements to the campaign.

Loyalty system, different types of lords who seek different things, and different buffs for different loyalty levels. It would be great to see the loyalty system working for DE and Skaven as well.

Also, it looked like the diplomacy system was modified. Luthor's diplomacy rating was "very high" and normally we used to see steadfast. So that should be interesting.

The AI infamous pirates look fantastic.

• VonhellstingVonhellsting Posts: 511Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Looks like Harkon gets a bloated corpse as a starting unit. I would hope they respawn after the battle or that would be kind of a waste of a starter unit given they blow themselves up.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 804Registered Users

Looks like Harkon gets a bloated corpse as a starting unit. I would hope they respawn after the battle or that would be kind of a waste of a starter unit given they blow themselves up.

This is actually an interesting point. @CA_Duck, @CA_Whelan, can you comment on how this will work?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,111Registered Users
    I wonder. Will zombies be able to shoot through ranks of their allies? I'm really terrible with gunpowder units and micro managing every time I fight is going to be tiring.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• PappyTronPappyTron Posts: 853Registered Users
    Dukeus said:

Looks great.

I just fear i can never solve this riddles with the German version of the Game. Translation will **** it up so bad. Have to look if i can just switch to English without problems.

Zwei Fische treffen sich. Sagt der eine:
    "Hi"
    und der ander:
    "Mein Gott!! Wo?!"

"We’ve been playtesting the **** out of every one of the 35 factions on all the difficulty settings"
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 655Registered Users
    WOW! Those are some really impressive new mechanics!
  • ViroshVirosh Posts: 19Registered Users
    Great video, can't wait to see the early access campaigns!!!

Btw, anyone knows how/where I can get a wallpaper of the vampire + zombie crew seen at 2:00 in the video?

This DLC looks very interesting :smile:
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 212Registered Users
    Can we please hear some of Noctilus voice lines?
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 487Registered Users
    The video is awesome and i like the pirate voice :)
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • PilthoidPilthoid Posts: 193Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Did you notice that the 2nd from the bottom infamous pirate you can get was named Burke Black? I think that's awesome!!! I love to see CA do things like that. Really cool. (In case people don't know, Burke Black is a Twitch streamer who plays this game from time to time, who dresses up like a pirate and runs his channel like a pirate ship.)
    Post edited by Pilthoid on
  • PilthoidPilthoid Posts: 193Registered Users
    Im on vacation next week too! Gonna play the **** out of this game.
  • DukeusDukeus Junior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    Zwei Fische treffen sich. Sagt der eine:
    "Hi"
    und der ander:
    "Mein Gott!! Wo?!"

😄 Yeah thats what i mean. Puns are difficult to translate.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 412Registered Users
    Jastall said:

Being honest, the voice got grating after a while.

Beyond that, I liked what I saw, especially Coves and the loyalty mechanics which are quite flavorful.

I do think Coves could end up being under-utilized, because denying land to your enemy is just as important as taking it for yourself and leaving places like Lothern standing is just asking for the HEs to muster more troops from there. And when you want to wipe them off the map, you gotta destroy the cove you built.

I imagine it is most useful in eye of the vortex, where the objective isn't dependent on getting all the land. You don't always have time to plunder all of ulthuan, and it would take time to stabilise the public order, especially since VP use vampire corruption which is pretty rare on the map. I also imagine it's smart to establish coves in factions that soon get destroyed, like Skeggi at the start, since the coves remain.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team

This is actually an interesting point. @CA_Duck, @CA_Whelan, can you comment on how this will work?
    From what I've played they pop up quite frequently in the raise dead panel so that's an easy way of getting them back
  • for_bretonniafor_bretonnia Posts: 1,616Registered Users
    I like the voiceover.

Feels like not quite professional quality, and like something that you’d have somebody do who’s job was something else, but in that context he’s doing a great job. Feels a lot better than what I could do if I tried to do something like that.

Sounds like he’s having a blast, too.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 804Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

From what I've played they pop up quite frequently in the raise dead panel so that's an easy way of getting them back
    Thanks!
  • warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 82Registered Users
    I have only one question - what will stop me from spamming coves all over the place and get a massive money boost and vampiric corruption basically everywhere?

AI is dumb and with a strong enough army you can capture lots of random cities with ease, you dont have to hold and defend them... this sounds like easy an mode for pirates.

Perhaps there should be some penalties and limitations on coves as well or a way how to destroy them.

Or a penalty on held settlements..if its all about coves then limit cities.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,646Registered Users

I have only one question - what will stop me from spamming coves all over the place and get a massive money boost and vampiric corruption basically everywhere?

AI is dumb and with a strong enough army you can capture lots of random cities with ease, you dont have to hold and defend them... this sounds like easy an mode for pirates.

Perhaps there should be some penalties and limitations on coves as well or a way how to destroy them.

Keep in mind, the AI gets a lot of their actual money from cheats, and they don't really build up settlements in a logical manner. As a result, I imagine that unless it's a major port like Lothern or Altdorf or something like this, I don't think it will be bringing in THAT much gold.

And who knows? Maybe the Coast building tree will be otherwise sparse with economic buildings as a way to balance out coves, and that besides coves, you'll need to be mainly sacking and raiding for your income.

I do agree that some counter-play to coves to destroy just the cove without razing the town would be nice, for co-op campaigns if nothing else. But I don't think the coves need any additional balancing penalties at this time.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,853Registered Users

AI is dumb and with a strong enough army you can capture lots of random cities with ease, you don't have to hold and defend them... this sounds like easy an mode for pirates.

The Pirates Coves can give you only half of the Province's income, while taken over the Province gives you twice as much income from the Province, and not allow other Factions get anything from that Province, but ya that New Mechanic still have the potential to be quite OP, especially if even Pirate Heroes can Establish Pirates Coves, and even a Human Player is going to have a hard time to deal with the Pirates Coves in a Head to Head Campaign, so let alone the AI.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 379Registered Users
    One of more interesting things i noticed were percussion caps in tech tree which confirms they exist in warhammer universe.
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 677Registered Users
    I know I asked this in the past and it is a bit off topic but... What about updated voicelines for the old factions?^^
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,697Registered Users

I wonder. Will zombies be able to shoot through ranks of their allies? I'm really terrible with gunpowder units and micro managing every time I fight is going to be tiring.

If Skaven can't do that then the Vampire Coast will not.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,848Registered Users

If Skaven can't do that then the Vampire Coast will not.
    He means shoot past them, not into them. Friendly fire as usual will almost certainly be allowed as normal (you can shoot your own units as long as you're hitting an enemy unit/s or are direct controlling arty) for the VC2.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Posts: 97Registered Users
    Is it me or does the raise dead for coast seem a little... strong. I mean they can recruit what 12 units turn one compared to the counts 3?, 5? I don't know about anyone else but I find in my counts campaign that even as it stands raise dead is extremely powerful and entirely replaces the need for recruitment buildings, it honestly feels a bit broken. If the coasts raise dead is even stronger it would be a real shame 'cos all those cool semi hoard mechanics would go straight out the window (at least in terms of recruitment) in favor of spamming raise dead at the closest battlefield.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,848Registered Users
    I'm definitely initiating a campaign where I turn Ulthuan into pirate Island with all the dens.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 17,894Registered Users

Is it me or does the raise dead for coast seem a little... strong. I mean they can recruit what 12 units turn one compared to the counts 3?, 5? I don't know about anyone else but I find in my counts campaign that even as it stands raise dead is extremely powerful and entirely replaces the need for recruitment buildings, it honestly feels a bit broken. If the coasts raise dead is even stronger it would be a real shame 'cos all those cool semi hoard mechanics would go straight out the window (at least in terms of recruitment) in favor of spamming raise dead at the closest battlefield.

From what I've seen on the streams the kind of units you can recruit with Raise Dead for VCoast are even less capable than VCount's zombies and melt whenever they get into any fight (or blow themselves up).

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,014Registered Users
    I think I'll be recruiting a hero ASAP and sending him/her on a world tour creating Pirate Coves.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,048Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    A new grudge has been added to the Great Book of Grudges! The Zhufbar 42 Pounders are the weakest level of ship bombardment, weaker than Sartosa Grapeshot and Norse Roar! It can not be tolerated that Dawi Craftsmanship is considered to be weaker than Umgi Umgak!

:tongue:
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 17,894Registered Users

A new grudge has been added to the Great Book of Grudges! The Zhufbar 42 Pounders are the weakest level of ship bombardment, weaker than Sartosa Grapeshot and Norse Roar! It can not be tolerated that Dawi Craftsmanship is considered to be weaker than Umgi Umgak!

:tongue:

Everyone knows Zhufbar has long since outsourced its production to some cheap halfling sweatshop in the Moot.