Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Monogods are just terrible...people~

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,226Registered Users

*Took the idea from the recent-not-recent discussions in certain threads*

P.S. it's a humor thread sooooo...no flame wars. Keep your burning spirit for Khorne and his army when they'll arrive in WH3~ o:) :D

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,207Registered Users
    I prefer MonoGod for Chaos Daemons. Imagine dealing with 4 different race of Chaos Daemons separately, that would be too much hard.

Therefore VC Bloodlines should have their own race as well.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,407Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    I disagree, I like Monogods. Monogods are good.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 370Registered Users
    Ahaha, you got me there Gotrek! I thought you turned into a Monohater before seeing the meme.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    edited November 2018

Ahaha, you got me there Gotrek! I thought you turned into a Monohater before seeing the meme.

Don't ask~

WH Novels:

edited November 2018

Monohater? Those people have a label now? I wonder how they feel.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,226Registered Users

"Monogods are like a box of chocolates: not every mortal can eat 'em".

WH Novels:

• chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,013Registered Users
    Monogods undoubteably will be terrible if they are base races. If they can find enough undivided lords or get them to share lords with undivided somehow they could be decent.

• GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 424Registered Users
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 3,931Registered Users
    Monogods are the only proper way to treat Chaos. I have said it great many times before but visual/audio diversity between Chosen of respective gods is a must. Slaanesh Chosen can't look and speak in the same way as Nurgle ones.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,036Registered Users
    Yes, Tzeentch is really in charge!
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,547Registered Users
    Two panels too many, would have been funnier with just the first three. Now it comes off as kind of cringy.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users
    The utter heresy in this thread...

#KeepDaemonsAs8th
  • Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Posts: 957Registered Users

Pretty sure I just stepped into the upside down
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 642Registered Users
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 917Registered Users
    The Chaos Demons Army Book forms the roster of the *race*. You then have four Legendar Lords, all of which lead their own *faction*. Three of these are dedicated to a specific god, and will get bonuses for hiring the ones aligned with it. The fourth is undivided.

I don't see how this is so hard to comprehend.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Posts: 277Registered Users
    what the hell is a monogod?
    Why people still think that Monogods are only Daemons? Mixed Chaos is already a thing. Sarthorael and Azrik says "hi" from Norsca and WoC rosters.

#FORGHORGON
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 4,886Registered Users

A Chaos army which, instead of being defined along "northern marauders", "beastmen" or "demons" lines, is defined according to the specific god they serve, mixing warriors, demons, and possibly beastmen but excluding units that follow a different god.

Most people accept that there's a place for this in some form. The sticking point is how. Some people claim that game 3 should consist of four monogod races as the core of game 3, citing the old Russian datamine as evidence. Others disagree, feeling that four Chaos armies do not represent sufficient variety for a full-priced game - an argument that seems to reignite at the drop of a hat.

Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and their armies. Not united into one single roster with fewer Legendary Lords and units, but divided and more fleshed out.

#FORGHORGON
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 260Registered Users
    The meme is funny but why people are so angry? I would love to see monogods. They are much more complete as monogods and lore friendly. They can be also be perfect DLC.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Posts: 277Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

A Chaos army which, instead of being defined along "northern marauders", "beastmen" or "demons" lines, is defined according to the specific god they serve, mixing warriors, demons, and possibly beastmen but excluding units that follow a different god.

Most people accept that there's a place for this in some form. The sticking point is how. Some people claim that game 3 should consist of four monogod races as the core of game 3, citing the old Russian datamine as evidence. Others disagree, feeling that four Chaos armies do not represent sufficient variety for a full-priced game - an argument that seems to reignite at the drop of a hat.
    oh well I'm not opposed to the idea. I mean WH1 had 5 races at launch didn't it? Just include Chaos Dwafs and make Orges the first DLC race and I think people would be happy. But warriors of chaos should definitely have access to some of the units from each demons army.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,596Registered Users

The meme is funny but why people are so angry? I would love to see monogods. They are much more complete as monogods and lore friendly. They can be also be perfect DLC.

Because people think MonoGods could replace a proper Daemons Army Book based faction, and many of us think thats a garbage idea.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,039Registered Users
    edited November 2018

I agree. Making 4 different Chaos rosters simply means having more or, in other words, fully fleshed out Chaos, with stuff from various sources like Forge World. Something that with Undivided DoC (with only Daemons) is highly unlikely.
    Monogods can also bring huge benefits to WoC and Beastmen by adding missing units (they lacks dozens of units) and fixing their current problems.

Something that people tends to ignore (playing the blind game) is having Monogods as DLC, as you said, or 2 as core races and the other 2 as DLC. . . or FLC like Bretonnia. Not just 4 core races.
    Obviously if you are against something, like for real, then you will try to discredit it no matter what.
    Other people thinks "omg we will never see other races if Monogods are in the game!" which is kinda ridiculous and impossible.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

Ludbone said:

Something that people tends to ignore (playing the blind game) is having Monogods as DLC, as you said, or 2 as core races and the other 2 as DLC. . . or FLC like Bretonnia. Not just 4 core races.
    Obviously if you are against something, like for real, then you will try to discredit it no matter what.
    Other people thinks "omg we will never see other races if Monogods are in the game!" which is kinda ridiculous and impossible.

Most people who are "anti-monogod" acknowledge that there's a place for them as post-release content. The controversy is over having them as core races.

Hence the image in my initial post in this thread.

Pretty sure I just stepped into the upside down
    I've always made it clear I like monogods and having them as DLC would be good, I just think other things would be better.
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Posts: 1,246Registered Users
    I have no problem with monogod factions, with the various marked WoC and Beastmen units alongside their respective Daemons.

What I DON'T support and vehemently oppose is replacing DoC with 4 of such things at launch of TWW3.

Add the legions of the various gods later or as their own distinct factions, but do not try to push for them to come before or in the place of the Daemons of Chaos roster being represented as faithfully to their armybook as possible.

die about it

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 614Registered Users
    I just want to praise sigmar, not enough religious fanaticism in game. Where's luthor huss when you need him
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,611Registered Users
    I just don’t see a situation where a blood thirster leading Tzeentch demons makes sense. Archaon leading Khorne and Tzeentch sure.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,436Registered Users, Moderators

I just don’t see a situation where a blood thirster leading Tzeentch demons makes sense. Archaon leading Khorne and Tzeentch sure.

The army of Daemons that attacked Khemri, which ended up being pushed back by a combined effort of Settra and the High Elves, was a mixed affair. All four gods were represented to my knowledge.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

The army of Daemons that attacked Khemri, which ended up being pushed back by a combined effort of Settra and the High Elves, was a mixed affair. All four gods were represented to my knowledge.
    Not to mention the army that N'Kari lead on a rampage across Ulthuan hunting down descendants of Aenarion.

Sometimes, the gods are in agreement. Or the demons do their own thing without caring about the disagreements between the gods.

Such things can be represented by faction and lord traits. A Keeper of Secrets would have skills that buff Slaanesh demons, while Nurgle demons might be penalised. A faction lead by Kairos Fateweaver might have faction traits that reduce upkeep (and improve loyalty, if relevant) for Tzeentch demons while making Nurgle demons more expensive and rebellious. And so on.
This discussion has been closed.