Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedSave Replay Crash to Desktop Warhammer 2

reciprocityreciprocity Posts: 4Registered Users
edited November 2018 in Crashes
v1.4.1
Build 7450.1400824

Description:
Having a crash to desktop from saving a replay. This happens after any battle.
When battle is complete, pop up displaying "End Battle" appears at the top. I click on end battle. Another pop up displays 4 options, one being "Save Replay". After I click on save replay, another pop up appears displaying what to name my save. Right after I click save replay, my sound cuts out for about 3 seconds and my game complete freezes. I can still move my mouse cursor. After those 3 seconds the sound comes on again and plays for around 5 seconds, then the game closes and I'm on my desktop again.
I have tried verifying game files through steam. Uninstall / reinstall game, uninstall / reinstall steam and still have the same problem. I tried playing warhammer 1 to see if the problem exists on different total war titles and warhammer 1 works perfectly. So I narrowed the problem down to warhammer 2. May end up being that Directx 12 is installed on the latest nvidia driver. I have chosen the Directx 11 option on the total war menu; however, I noticed that in my DxDiag system info shows that I have Directx 12 and I am unsure how to switch it back to Directx 11. I may need to the rollback the nvidia driver through my device manager. Hope it doesn't come to that though.

In the attached files you will notice that there are 3 mini dump files. The problem has occurred on all 3.

Thank you for your help.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,196Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited November 2018
    Have you checked that you haven't reached the maximum number of replay saves?

Your Dxdiag will always show the highest DirectX version that your operating system is capable of supporting, not necessarily the one that is currently being used.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • reciprocityreciprocity Posts: 4Registered Users
    How do I check the number of saves? I do have a ton of saves.
  • reciprocityreciprocity Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Fixed. Thank you. Didn't know there was a max number of saves.

Went into %appdata%
    The Creative Assembly/Warhammer2/replays
    Deleted over half of my replays. Now it saves my replays after battle. Forgot to count how many saves I could have. Maybe 50 is max.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,196Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Good to hear. I'll mark the matter Solved.

I don't know what the maximum nunber is; I was just going on the basis that I know there is a maximum for game saves so there was likely to be one for replays as well. I suspect the number is higher than 50 because I have over 120 replays on WH1 and WH2 is likely to have similar limits.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file