Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

It looks like Albion *might* have been added to ME.

Comments

• NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,329Registered Users
    He doesn't really reveal anything, cheeky way of saying don't get hyped for it. I think it's more or less don't try to make large assumptions just because they renamed. Since it could be used for something smaller like outpost for other races rather than a race. But it's at least something worth watching.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,476Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Nyxilis said:

He doesn't really reveal anything, cheeky way of saying don't get hyped for it. I think it's more or less don't try to make large assumptions just because they renamed. Since it could be used for something smaller like outpost for other races rather than a race. But it's at least something worth watching.

Most likely DoW, doubt it would be lizardmen.

You know what, I feel like re-reading giant slayer after this announcement.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,153Registered Users
    I would bet it's a lizardmen starting location.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,411Registered Users
    Just a unique building location for LM.

Nothing to see here.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,478Registered Users, Moderators
    Lorenzo Lupo could always start in Albion in the Vortex. Going off and doing a "I like the past, the past is cool, Curious Geezer did this so I will too!"

But I suspect that if anyone will really be starting in Albion, both in the Vortex and ME, it will be buddy the homicidal lizard. Which buddy the homicidal lizard? No idea.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    If there is a settlement there then a new lizard lord will probably use it albion as a main faction is a pipe dream and even if it wasn’t doing it in the next update would be ridiculous.

There will also be a Lizardmen LL in Sudenburg and Heart of the Jungle I guess?

They're adding more settlements this time around so chill.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,329Registered Users
    There are all kinds of things they can do with it, which is why saying it must absolutely be this is outright flawed. Especially after one of the few times CA communicates with is they say to temper our resolve. Not saying don't speculate, by all means I enjoy that but I would say don't get crazy hyped and don't speak in definitive.

Could be Lizardmen as they were there, other races have settlements there at points in the lore which come after current time period if I'm remembering correctly. That included Greenskins, Dark Elves, empire and others. Could be a place to drop DoW as mentioned above as they can easily do that. Or even yes could be Albion the faction even if I think that's a long shot it's not a completely dismissable long shot anymore. Or even simply a place to go do a quest battle.

Or CA's comment could mean like Sartosa what it's intended for is a lot farther along the road than what is actually coming next. Which might say that in fact it wont be for the Lizardmen or Skaven.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 738Registered Users
    Crossil said:

Well the difference is it's perfectly reasonable to add lizardmen LL on Albion not either of those too.

They did mention wanting to add a new wood elf legendary lord if they had the chance, plus the empire are kinda due one or atleast a different start position so who knows....

Plus I'm pretty they did mention in the ama they liked doing it as a hint to what's to come. Clearly this time they've just added more to make it less obvious.
  • MrDarth0MrDarth0 Junior Member Posts: 225Registered Users
    Lizardmen DLC or FLC LL starting location probably.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    MrDarth0 said:

Lizardmen DLC or FLC LL starting location probably.

I hope so it would also put all this pipe dreaming hopes of an albion race to bed when in reality they have only the island and there are other much more important races to make. I hope we get the free lord as the itza lustria proper start. We should have had one at launch as it is supposed to be their home but no character is actually there at moment. Albion would be an excellent start for the dlc lord.

• hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,603Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

I would bet it's a lizardmen starting location.

I agree. I really want Gor Rok and Nakai. I would want Nakai to look closer to their art though and not like the crocodile look of the kroxigor units in game.

I could see Nakai starting out at Albion. Personally I would like to see some Albion units/roster-but that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be a LM LL location.
  • NariacNariac Posts: 243Registered Users
    Also it's worth noting that they like adding FLC lords in exciting new places away from their usual race locations. Tretch in Naggaroth, Alith Anar ... also in Naggaroth, Lokhir Fellheart in Lustria. Following this pattern, and assuming Itza will be the DLC Lizardman LL location, they'd need an exciting new place to start as the Lizards. Considering Itza + Hexoatl are in Lustria and Kroq'gar is in the Southlands, then that leaves either Naggaroth or Albion as possible starts. And Naggaroth has had quite a few new factions added - the above that I listed, as well as Tomb Kings with Khatep. Because of this, and bearing in mind the Lizardmen have a history with Albion, I think it looks good for an Albion start for our LM FLC Legendary Lord.
    Remember when Sartosa was added it had to be DoW startpos?

Wouldn't happen again would it?
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • SelakahSelakah Posts: 366Registered Users
    Crossil said:

My money is on a Lizardmen startpos.

Crossil said:

Well the difference is it's perfectly reasonable to add lizardmen LL on Albion not either of those too.

They did mention wanting to add a new wood elf legendary lord if they had the chance, plus the empire are kinda due one or atleast a different start position so who knows....

Plus I'm pretty they did mention in the ama they liked doing it as a hint to what's to come. Clearly this time they've just added more to make it less obvious.
    But that requires updating Empire and WE with next DLC because those positions were added. Meaning that these additions don't seem connected with the next DLC because only one race gets updated.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,640Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Selakah said:

Anyway is the streamer putting any effort into going up to Albion.

He is not, unfortunately. I directly asked him if he could uncover Albion on the map, but he said it was "too far away". So perhaps it's in a pseudo-Embargo state?

Mitch from CA just commented on my Albion thread on Reddit:

He did not deny the Albion inclusion, so at this point I think we can say it's mostly confirmed.
    @Mitch_CA is a funny guy, a Halfling DLC, well a Halfling DLC would had been nice too. :)
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    Didn't Belakor belong to Chaos Undivided, the Warriors of Chaos in TWW?

Albion could be a start for him, the Citadel of Lead. A Lizardman is much, much more likely, but it's a possibility.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,892Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Does not deny is not the same thing as an indication it will happen.....
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 2,109Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

Albion could be a start for him, the Citadel of Lead. A Lizardman is much, much more likely, but it's a possibility.

Be'lakor is the only Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided and was pretty much destined to lead all the forces of Chaos... But he got a bit full of himself and started to see himself as the equal to the Chaos Gods, so they knocked him down a peg...

He never really did lead the Warriors of Chaos (at least not as a Daemon Prince). And the only time he was fieldable in an army, it was one purely made of Daemons.
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,451Registered Users
    dge1 said:

Does not deny is not the same thing as an indication it will happen.....

Too late, the hype train already left the station.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,782Registered Users

Arsenic said:

Be'lakor is the only Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided and was pretty much destined to lead all the forces of Chaos... But he got a bit full of himself and started to see himself as the equal to the Chaos Gods, so they knocked him down a peg...

He never really did lead the Warriors of Chaos (at least not as a Daemon Prince). And the only time he was fieldable in an army, it was one purely made of Daemons.
    Ah, fair enough, that's pretty unlikely to see the light of day then.

He's not a particularly interesting character anyway compared to the Lizarden that could start there instead.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • endikuxendikux Posts: 473Registered Users
    The Lizardmen's Forge of the Old Ones is on Albion and it would be a great spot for their new lord. Gor-Rok for instance could launch a war against Chaos from there. It would give the Lizardmen an actual foothold into the Old World which they desperately need.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,382Registered Users
    endikux said:

The Lizardmen's Forge of the Old Ones is on Albion and it would be a great spot for their new lord. Gor-Rok for instance could launch a war against Chaos from there. It would give the Lizardmen an actual foothold into the Old World which they desperately need.

Would also add some spice to Empire, Norsca and Bretonia starts
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,675Registered Users
    Selakah said:

Crossil said:

My money is on a Lizardmen startpos.
  • DarthKaDarthKa Posts: 404Registered Users
    I hope it's LM and, with luck, some Albion unique units
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,821Registered Users

I wonder what city architecture/tile its province has. Should be an indication of what's to come unless CA just gave it a Norscan one like it has in the Vortex Campaign.

That's my bet. More Norscans.
  • DecensDecens Posts: 22Registered Users
    Never enough Norscans my friends
    "Do you know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all of the little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments people show you who they really are."
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Posts: 392Registered Users
    I find this community hilarious in its assumptions that they actually havr any credibility in their predictions for Legendary Lords and their starting positions. The fact that this community was "so certain" that we were getting a DOW lord pack orginially because Sartosa was added therefore we were definetely getting a DOW/Pirate theme pack, then CA comes out with a 4 lord Vampire Coast pack is hilarious.
    Also the fact that people seem so certain now that Albion wont be anything more than a Lizardmen Legendary Lord position is laughable.
    If CA was to introduce a Lizardmen vs Skaven Lord pack they would have to be in relative proximity to eachother for the two lords to have any chance of even encountering eachother.
    Having Gor Rok or any other Lord on Albion would mean the Skaven Lord would need to either spawn on Ulthuan somehwere to be nearby or in ths northern part of the map, maybe Naggoroth at most. I cant see CA introducing 2 lords but having them on opposite sides of the map.
    Theres just as much chance that Albion could be introduced as a faction in the long run with CA's introduction of the Vampire Coast, and people outright dismissal of it simply shows how shortsighted and nve this community is when it comes to
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Posts: 392Registered Users
    DarthKa said:

I hope it's LM and, with luck, some Albion unique units

Albion has been at war with lizardmen and even has a ROR that is reknowned for killing lizardmen and wearing their skin as armour and decorations, so i dont think they'd ever follow a lizardmen general.