Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introducing... Queen Bess

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 289Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Introducing... Queen Bess - we'll let her speak for herself:

If you haven't pre-ordered Curse of the Vampire Coast yet, you'd better hurry - there's only four days left to get 10% off before it goes live!

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,940Registered Users
    Hellhammer cannon for the Empire when? :tongue:
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,441Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Queen Jasmine of Araby next please :) :) :) :)

"I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,940Registered Users

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

• tyrannustyrannus Posts: 712Registered Users
    Borgio the Besieger next please

Believe in humanity!
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 616Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Whats the fire rate on that thing? How do they even reload the Queen Bess let alone that hellhammer ship haha? Atleast the citys cannon has a giant maning it.

Team Vampire Counts

• englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,894Registered Users
    I am waiting for Introduction of this

Because so far we got empty sky, and this is suppose to be night time

In WH1 with bit of adjustment I could do this at least. Using Night battles mod, adjusting azimuth and lighting color.

Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,340Registered Users
    She's very big.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 661Registered Users
    Cannon on steroids
  • HarkovastHarkovast Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    Thar she blows!
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 3,959Registered Users
    Those cannonball-bearing hips. She's a gorgeous thing!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• VessingerVessinger Senior Member Posts: 936Registered Users

Whats the fire rate on that thing? How do they even reload the Queen Bess let alone that hellhammer ship haha? Atleast the citys cannon has a giant maning it.

I would think the ship mounted versions are probably breech loaders and would either require a dedicated crane and lift or several people or both. The closest thing I could find IRL was the Dardanelles Ottoman super cannon, but that was land based and muzzle loaded. It wasn't a terribly practical weapon and had an extremely slow rate of fire of about 7 shots per day.

Queen Bess is a fantasy weapon though so it presumably fires faster and because CA doesn't animate loading any more or any sort of siege weapon operations, (which is sad their attention to detail has fallen so low), it probably autoloads through an invisible laziness ammo clip.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,543Registered Users
    Stephince said:

She's very big.

She is even bigger than Cylostra Direfin, which is not a small feat. :)
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 6,505Registered Users
    What have you done with Dogbert??
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.

What have you done with Dogbert??

stuffed 'im into Queen Bess

• SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 3,674Registered Users
    AAAAHHHHHHH THE BLOOD EXPLODES!!! (get it?)
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,149Registered Users
    Where are the patch notes?
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,464Registered Users
    edited November 2018

I am waiting for Introduction of this

Because so far we got empty sky, and this is suppose to be night time

In WH1 with bit of adjustment I could do this at least. Using Night battles mod, adjusting azimuth and lighting color

Not waiting and don't think it's a priority by any means, but tbh I find Night Battles with proper lighting (aka Moons+ground sources) potentially very fascinating and beautiful. Or at least some Sunset/Sunrise Battles.
    Afterall, screenshots on Steam page seem quite atmospheric and good, even though I usually don't like dark maps.

As for Queen Bess - she's really nice.
    Also already miss narrator. Hope he didn't get upset, because of community feedback. Afterall his narration was fun.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• ZelnikZelnik Posts: 336Registered Users
    That wasn't an introduction. We knew it existed. Please stop, CA, you are hurting yourself more then us.
    karge068 said:

Tomorrow, maybe.
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,149Registered Users
    Stephince said:

karge068 said:

Tomorrow, maybe.
    Do they normally wait this long?

I'm getting a bad feeling about this....
    karge068 said:

Stephince said:

karge068 said:

Tomorrow, maybe.

Yup, it's more likely the patch notes will be Wednesday.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,448Registered Users, Moderators
    karge068 said:

Stephince said:

karge068 said:

Tomorrow, maybe.

I believe they normally do wait this long, yes.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,448Registered Users, Moderators
    Stay on topic. This is not about Araby, it is about Queen Bess.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ptavangarptavangar Posts: 1,099Registered Users
    CA, as cool as Queen Bess is... she isn't some crazy complex model that is expensive to make. Let's not pretend she took months to make like big monsters do. It is a big cannon with the typical animations and some fancy frills on it. Now I might be more impressed with this roster if you had given us a NEW flying monster rather than the same terrorgheist… Hmm... the abyssal terror was available you know... And yet you chose the terrorgheist AGAIN. I wonder why...
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,543Registered Users
    ptavangar said:

CA, as cool as Queen Bess is... she isn't some crazy complex model that is expensive to make. Let's not pretend she took months to make like big monsters do. It is a big cannon with the typical animations and some fancy frills on it. Now I might be more impressed with this roster if you had given us a NEW flying monster rather than the same terrorgheist… Hmm... the abyssal terror was available you know... And yet you chose the terrorgheist AGAIN. I wonder why...

Queen Bess has different animations and crew than a normal cannons, and why a Terrorgheist would not fit into Vampire Coast roster? if anyone is out of place in this DLC, it's Aranessa.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,465Registered Users
    What's the stat card for this bad boy?
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,037Registered Users

I think you mean bad girl...
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,587Registered Users
    This is a delightfully Freudian unit.
    ò_ó
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,465Registered Users

Bad inanimate object that we've assigned a human name to that can't actually be "bad" because it's an inanimate object without morals, that we've merely called bad because of it's potential to slaughter thus applying our own morality to said inanimate object.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • jimityjimity Senior Member Posts: 303Registered Users

Bad inanimate object that we've assigned a human name to that can't actually be "bad" because it's an inanimate object without morals, that we've merely called bad because of it's potential to slaughter thus applying our own morality to said inanimate object.
    Hmmm doesn't have the same ring to it...
    But honey, I can't come to bed, this is important - someone is wrong on the internet!