Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Aye Aye! Patch Notes

Comments

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,853Registered Users

Tayvar said:

The Land of the Dervishes would be added to the Mortal Empires Map, so Araby is the next DLC? :)

It's fully controlled by Sudenburg so not in that province.

Say what? No good sir I’m not salavating at the thought of a playable empire start position in the south lands.....
    Better hope for Helborg then since he has lead forces around that area.

Unlikely, i think Sundeberg is a placeholder for Gelt, since he the only one of the Empire that i can see being on Araby. also the a hight chance that Middenland will be available he already got his own equipment.
    Gelts very very unlikely to be moved out of the Empire especially considering how empty the Empire is nevermind that it is Helborg that's more known in the far flung places from Empire then Gelt.
    You'd have more chance with Franz then with Gelt.
    You might want to get used to the idea of moved LLs. That’s what the other old world updates have done. I don’t think they are going to create an entirely new LL to move there. We’ll be lucky if we get Todbringer and he’s already in there.
    That's why Franz will be moved as he is the character most likely to move since he would lead personally forces to aid other provinces like he has done multiple times in the source.
    That would be the worst possible way to give the Empire a new start postion. Having Volkmar crusade somewhere or Gelt chase some obscure arcane lore makes far more sense that having the Emperor start outside the Empire. Having the Elector Count of Reikland being the only LL starting outside of Reikland is ridiculous.
    All of the Empire's current Legendary Lords belong to Altdorf, therefore a new fully playable Legendary Lord is needed. The Empire had also didn't got FLC Legendary Lord in Game 1.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Cult_of_Sigmar

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Colleges_of_Magic#Government
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 783Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    Bashing comment removed. This is a great update and patch, and I hope they now can be as consistently attentive in the future releases too as it will go a long way to restoring goodwill in the community.

Hopefully they will now pay more attention to siege battles in Game 3...
    Post edited by dge1 on
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • RikisRikis Posts: 898Registered Users

Rikis said:

Rikis said:

Volkmar moved somewhere near Slvania, name the faction Sigmar's crusade/crusaders or some such. Gelt could go on a Teclis style expedition somewhere around the world.

And before people say its unloreful for Gelt, many were saying the same for Teclis, Kalida (Vortex), those tomb king exiles, etc etc. People will get used to it or mod it out.

Khalida VORTEX, because Lybaras isn't on the Vortex map. In the Mortals Empire campaign she is in Lybaras. Teclis has been known to travel a lot.

Volkmars crusade would, or if they do, SHOULD be a Horde.

Also there of course is the difference that all of the factions you mentioned have 4 LORDS. The Empire has 3 and all of them belong to Reikland. If the empire should get more starting positions, maybe CA should correct a mistake from game 1 in form of giving the Empire a FLC LL. Maybe Kurt Helborg in Sudenburg? The TOdbringer in Middenheim? The Mad Count in Averland?

Also it fits the Empire that it has easy access to 3 LLs. Their LLs aren't the powerhouses that are Teclis, Tyrion, Malekith etc. but for that, in campaign, they can relatively easily field all 3 of them.

You misunderstand me, I am all for them getting new LL, I am of the mindset that all factions should get 4 starting pos. I just think moving current LL plus adding Todbringer into the mix would be a good move if you ask me.
    Not all factions should get 4 Starting Positions, unless it'd done right. 4 Imperial Starting positions? Choose (given in some cases even with 2 pottential LLs):
    Sudenburg - Kurt Helborg;
    Averland - Marius Leitdorf; Hans Leitdorf
    Wissenland - Elspeth von Draken
    Middenheim: Graf Boris Todbringer; Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir

none of those include the Supreme Patriach or the Grand Theogonist
    Well, I see it from the point of view that CA will take the easy way and just stick already existing LL into new areas. Would it be great if they added new LL for the empire? Of course it would I just don't expect it.

Besides, I love Gelt's design and would be cool for him leading his own faction instead of playing second to the emperor. Maybe make him have agreements with the "empire" main faction from the start to represent them being inherently linked.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,048Registered Users
    Rikis said:

Rikis said:

Rikis said:

Volkmar moved somewhere near Slvania, name the faction Sigmar's crusade/crusaders or some such. Gelt could go on a Teclis style expedition somewhere around the world.

And before people say its unloreful for Gelt, many were saying the same for Teclis, Kalida (Vortex), those tomb king exiles, etc etc. People will get used to it or mod it out.

Khalida VORTEX, because Lybaras isn't on the Vortex map. In the Mortals Empire campaign she is in Lybaras. Teclis has been known to travel a lot.

Volkmars crusade would, or if they do, SHOULD be a Horde.

Also there of course is the difference that all of the factions you mentioned have 4 LORDS. The Empire has 3 and all of them belong to Reikland. If the empire should get more starting positions, maybe CA should correct a mistake from game 1 in form of giving the Empire a FLC LL. Maybe Kurt Helborg in Sudenburg? The TOdbringer in Middenheim? The Mad Count in Averland?

Also it fits the Empire that it has easy access to 3 LLs. Their LLs aren't the powerhouses that are Teclis, Tyrion, Malekith etc. but for that, in campaign, they can relatively easily field all 3 of them.

You misunderstand me, I am all for them getting new LL, I am of the mindset that all factions should get 4 starting pos. I just think moving current LL plus adding Todbringer into the mix would be a good move if you ask me.
    Not all factions should get 4 Starting Positions, unless it'd done right. 4 Imperial Starting positions? Choose (given in some cases even with 2 pottential LLs):
    Sudenburg - Kurt Helborg;
    Averland - Marius Leitdorf; Hans Leitdorf
    Wissenland - Elspeth von Draken
    Middenheim: Graf Boris Todbringer; Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir

none of those include the Supreme Patriach or the Grand Theogonist
    Well, I see it from the point of view that CA will take the easy way and just stick already existing LL into new areas. Would it be great if they added new LL for the empire? Of course it would I just don't expect it.

Besides, I love Gelt's design and would be cool for him leading his own faction instead of playing second to the emperor. Maybe make him have agreements with the "empire" main faction from the start to represent them being inherently linked.
    "instead of him playing second to the emperor"... He is the Supreme Patriach... he IS subservient to the Emperor. He should be subservient to the emperor.
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

I could see moving Gelt near Sylvania or Kemmler with the excuse that he's leading a research expedition to try and figure out how to halt the spread of undeath since that's a thing in the End Times material. Wouldn't be a huge change of pace, but would give a different starting location for Empire/Empire co-op.

Those would be a poor excuses, and Empire's co-op with Dwarfs is more efficient anyway.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,048Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

I could see moving Gelt near Sylvania or Kemmler with the excuse that he's leading a research expedition to try and figure out how to halt the spread of undeath since that's a thing in the End Times material. Wouldn't be a huge change of pace, but would give a different starting location for Empire/Empire co-op.

Those would be a poor excuses, and Empire's co-op with Dwarfs is more efficient anyway.
    and as mentioned: the only way of getting Gelt closer to Kemmler would be Helmgart or Bretonnia.
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Rikis said:

That would be a waste of Charlemagnes, and it's unloreful things who should be in Mods only.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 461Registered Users
    edited November 2018

Tayvar said:

The Land of the Dervishes would be added to the Mortal Empires Map, so Araby is the next DLC? :)

Say what? No good sir I’m not salavating at the thought of a playable empire start position in the south lands.....

Unlikely, i think Sundeberg is a placeholder for Gelt, since he the only one of the Empire that i can see being on Araby. also the a hight chance that Middenland will be available he already got his own equipment.
    Gelts very very unlikely to be moved out of the Empire especially considering how empty the Empire is nevermind that it is Helborg that's more known in the far flung places from Empire then Gelt.
    No, i disagree in the lore he went to the south for a spell to hold back chaos. i am pretty sure they will move Gelt, they will not give another Empire Lord on TW2 maybe TW3? it 3 options 1-We get Gelt in another place by looking at the trend whit the VC and Dwarfs. 2- We get Middenland playable and 3- We get both in a big patch, Boris whit the coming update has unique items, so that one step closer to getting him faction solo.

Tayvar said:

No, i disagree in the lore he went to the south for a spell to hold back chaos. i am pretty sure they will move Gelt, they will not give another Empire Lord on TW2 maybe TW3? it 3 options 1-We get Gelt in another place by looking at the trend whit the VC and Dwarfs. 2- We get Middenland playable and 3- We get both in a big patch, Boris whit the comming update has unique items.
    he had these items for a while now, they just made them properly available to him in the campaign.

• uriakuriak Posts: 3,046Registered Users
    edited November 2018

"instead of him playing second to the emperor"... He is the Supreme Patriach... he IS subservient to the Emperor. He should be subservient to the emperor.

You're pretty stuck in warhamer lore and don't seem to follow the logic already demonstrated in this game. The initial plan was indeed to have faction leaders and servants working in his name (your'd unlock the leader later) This was abandonned after the grim and the grave and aside from the vampire couple and Gombrindal, no single LL added didn't get a unique start position.

With Arkhan, Morathi, skavens, we'd get LL openly in strife with their own culture. With Teclis/Tyrion/Krok Gar/Khalida we get LL that at the service of a higher power but actually commanding their own operations, sometimes quite away.
    It's entirely possible that the Empire will ge ttheir 4th LL for justice's sake, but it's very very likely that they will move one too, and I feel Gelt is the likeliest because he's not the DLC-tied character.

On occurence of a character going somewhere is not a reason to go there. As said the Empire is very large and very empty, and even with Boris, it will be quite empty.
    Plus, you have to consider the possibility of a certain faction needing space in the south...

edited November 2018
    High Queen Khalida isn't, as far as the campaign is concerned, in service of a higher power (unless you may count Asaph). Tyrion is taking over for the non-action guy Finubar, Teclis and his Mages of Saphery have far more influence than the colleges of Magic and Kroq-Gar also has more "independence" compared to the colleges of Magic.

There tend to be enough people in the Empire, especially in the different Cults, especially the Witch Hunters, which distrust the Colleges. Having Gelt and some other Mages travel off and start their own faction would likely causer rather strong tensions with those elements.

The Empire is very large and Empty you say, even with Boris? There is a person named Marius Leitdorf, then I think Wissenland has a character aside of Elspeth to be included... I think other Elector Counts also had stuff and if necessary CA could pull an Alberic.

Considering how close the Blessed Dread starting to Pestilens (iirc they share the starting province), I see no problem with Helborg starting in Sudenburg and opposing a potential Araby.

Another problem with Moving Gelt far away: His Quests would have to be adjusted... all of them...

• RikisRikis Posts: 898Registered Users

High Queen Khalida isn't, as far as the campaign is concerned, in service of a higher power (unless you may count Asaph). Tyrion is taking over for the non-action guy Finubar, Teclis and his Mages of Saphery have far more influence than the colleges of Magic and Kroq-Gar also has more "independence" compared to the colleges of Magic.

There tend to be enough people in the Empire, especially in the different Cults, especially the Witch Hunters, which distrust the Colleges. Having Gelt and some other Mages travel off and start their own faction would likely causer rather strong tensions with those elements.

The Empire is very large and Empty you say, even with Boris? There is a person named Marius Leitdorf, then I think Wissenland has a character aside of Elspeth to be included... I think other Elector Counts also had stuff and if necessary CA could pull an Alberic.

Considering how close the Blessed Dread starting to Pestilens (iirc they share the starting province), I see no problem with Helborg starting in Sudenburg and opposing a potential Araby.

Another problem with Moving Gelt far away: His Quests would have to be adjusted... all of them...

Your choice to see things however you want I guess, just be prepared to be disappointed when CA bends the lore to put Gelt and Vholkmar wherever they like.
    Rikis said:

Your choice to see things however you want I guess, just be prepared to be disappointed when CA bends the lore to put Gelt and Vholkmar wherever they like.
    It won't be disappointment, it will be Ulric's Wrath upon them!

• Noisy_CricketNoisy_Cricket Posts: 202Registered Users
    I didn't see it in the patch notes but Monolith of the fallen Gods setlement in Hexoatls start province has been turned into a port town in Vortex Campaign.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,697Registered Users
    TBH the lord that they'll focus on in the Empire is going to be Boris as Gelts no Kemmler due to having a mount and not requiring like multiple updates to make him relevant like the Krell summon since CA didn't bother with a generic Gold Wizard so Gelt didn't have to fight other users of his lore of magic.

Then they'll do something politics related for a mechanic to actually represent the Empires politics since offices are rather badly done as shown with the office of Emperor and Franz's lord trait of Emperor.

Any extra should be missing units and/or units for the Landmarks in Middenland (Knights Panther Chapterhouse and the Middenheim Great Temple of Ulric).
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Rikis said:

Your choice to see things however you want I guess, just be prepared to be disappointed when CA bends the lore to put Gelt and Volkmar wherever they like.
    CA sure can disappoint, like with Sartosa, but such behavior should receive a lot of criticism.
  • PlamenPlamen Posts: 3Registered Users
    "Cold One Knights: -12 charge bonus, +8 melee attack, +2 melee defence.
    Dread Knights: -6 charge bonus, +4 melee attack, +2 melee defence."

So they are not getting any increase in their weapon damage?
    Seems like a nerf to me then.
  • DecensDecens Posts: 21Registered Users
    Have the Chaos Questlines been fixed?
    "Do you know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all of the little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments people show you who they really are."
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,697Registered Users
    Decens said:

Have the Chaos Questlines been fixed?

Fixed Warriors of Chaos quests not triggering if the advisor was not available
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• DecensDecens Posts: 21Registered Users
    Aye, so that was the issue.
    "Do you know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all of the little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments people show you who they really are."
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 947Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    I can't wait for the Greenskins rework down the road!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,846Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Rikis said:

Your choice to see things however you want I guess, just be prepared to be disappointed when CA bends the lore to put Gelt and Volkmar wherever they like.
    CA sure can disappoint, like with Sartosa, but such behavior should receive a lot of criticism.
    Or just criticism from whoever disagrees. Volume matters not to individual preference.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 487Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    @CA_Duck
    @Canuovea
    Can you please elaborate on has Khalida's army poison trait been fixed to properly affect ranged attacks like arrows?
    Currently it will show the little poison drop icon next to ranged attacks (on unit info panel) but in actuality the ranged attacks will not apply poison to their targets.

I guess this could also be a problem for vampire helman gorst who also gives poison to his entire army and the new ranged units that can be recruited through the blood lines?
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,684Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Nice, seems like the outstanding issues are solved. It took its sweet time.

The most outstanding issue I feel is the SSAO bug, my game looks awful in battle mode with it turned on. I hope to Grungni that somehow its fixed in a sort of ninja fix, which means that its fixed but the patch notes were already filled up and so they needed to save space or something.

But knowing CA, its prob not fixed. which is a huge disappointment for me. it makes me feel sad.
    Never played with SSAO, it kills 15 FPS on a GTX 1080.
    That’s weird. It has almost no impact on my 1070. I’m on DX11 though. Are you using 12?
    11. I think it's weird you feel no impact, even benchmarks show it's very heavy on FPS

https://www.game-debate.com/news/23804/total-war-warhammer-2-pc-performance-breakdown-and-most-important-graphics-options
    To clarify, I've never run an FPS counter on it. I've just never had a visible slowdown with it on. Could just be that it's high enough on its own that even dipping down some it's not noticeable for me.
    I am incredibly mad and angry at whatever someone insinuated could possibly, but not likely, happen in the WH series today and CA must answer for this with an explanation of why they might possibly, but didn't do this!!!
  • ystyst Posts: 5,255Registered Users
    Plamen said:

Guarantee net buff.

Charge is only like 13s. They get to live at least 90 secs after where the +8 get fully utilised. On top of free +2 def.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • hanenhanen Posts: 257Registered Users
    yst said:

Plamen said:

Guarantee net buff.

Charge is only like 13s. They get to live at least 90 secs after where the +8 get fully utilised. On top of free +2 def.
    Its a nerf to cycle charging which I will always support.

For most players it might be a buff yes.
  • ChronoidChronoid Posts: 27Registered Users
    hanen said:

yst said:

Plamen said:

Guarantee net buff.

Its a nerf to cycle charging which I will always support.

For most players it might be a buff yes.
    Well, I think rampaging units are not the best cycle chargers to begin with.
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,407Registered Users
    This is such a long long patch. Thank you for the hard work! :)
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,046Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    @TheGuardianOfMetal : you start with the hypothesis that they will suddenly add several lords, because Empire Lore states that each province has its appropriate leader and important figures. As said by @Rikis this is just a path to disappointment, since so far they always have moved existing lords and have not added any FLC lords to a game 1 faction so far.

They have adapted warhammer by implementing some of the most known and diverse lords for each faction, putting them together into a single start. Then as they noticed the high demand for alternative starts they have introduced subfactions with each new leader. They are left with some remnants of game 1 with lords that in some case are easily to lorefully move (such as Azhag, Kemmler, and the slayer King) and... the empire trifecta. They will split them, it's almost a certainty. Anf for gameplay sake they will try to spread they start locations.

They have yet to complete Boris and and his not yet a LL status. Hellborg, Marius, and others aren't really likely in the scope of a free game 2 update. Plus I don't think they want to pull an Alberic, they want to add characters that lead to the most different themes. Boris has the advantage of the whole Middenland vs Reikland theme, but I mean is they have their existing LL it's unlikely they don't use them as a basis for the update.

Finally, and this is subjective : I think there are real complex reasons for the lack of updates, as it's not a small work, but it's possible that as human devs, they actually aren't that fond of the Empire, truely. The Empire lore is deep because it's has been the main facade of the warhammer verse for long, but it's not the most exotic, especially for people who's been working on history titles for years. Aka they aknowledge the mechanics are too simple, but aren't really excited about details that some fans really dig. This is only an hypothesis, I don't think CA hate any given faction, but I really think they have genuine passion for some of them.
    uriak said:

@TheGuardianOfMetal : you start with the hypothesis that they will suddenly add several lords, because Empire Lore states that each province has its appropriate leader and important figures. As said by @Rikis this is just a path to disappointment, since so far they always have moved existing lords and have not added any FLC lords to a game 1 faction so far.

They have adapted warhammer by implementing some of the most known and diverse lords for each faction, putting them together into a single start. Then as they noticed the high demand for alternative starts they have introduced subfactions with each new leader. They are left with some remnants of game 1 with lords that in some case are easily to lorefully move (such as Azhag, Kemmler, and the slayer King) and... the empire trifecta. They will split them, it's almost a certainty. Anf for gameplay sake they will try to spread they start locations.

They have yet to complete Boris and and his not yet a LL status. Hellborg, Marius, and others aren't really likely in the scope of a free game 2 update. Plus I don't think they want to pull an Alberic, they want to add characters that lead to the most different themes. Boris has the advantage of the whole Middenland vs Reikland theme, but I mean is they have their existing LL it's unlikely they don't use them as a basis for the update.

Finally, and this is subjective : I think there are real complex reasons for the lack of updates, as it's not a small work, but it's possible that as human devs, they actually aren't that fond of the Empire, truely. The Empire lore is deep because it's has been the main facade of the warhammer verse for long, but it's not the most exotic, especially for people who's been working on history titles for years. Aka they aknowledge the mechanics are too simple, but aren't really excited about details that some fans really dig. This is only an hypothesis, I don't think CA hate any given faction, but I really think they have genuine passion for some of them.

i'm not starting with any hypothesis. I'm saying that htey SHOULD be added if CA wants to do the Job right and proper instead of as half-arsed as the Empire (and Greenskins) was in TW WH 1 already.