Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Aye Aye! Patch Notes

123457»

Comments

• knivsatanknivsatan Posts: 28Registered Users
    meanwhile...

Chanted “Decapods” thrice into a mirror while turning around and OH MIGHTY SIGMAR LOOK AT THE MESS WE’RE IN
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 810Registered Users
    Waystalkers got a superbuff
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 641Registered Users
    These patch notes were grossly incorrect. The lord bonuses have either been changed or were just never correct.

Team Vampire Counts

• InquisitornInquisitorn Posts: 91Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    I've been playing now for a long time and I'm quite impressed with the quality of the work you've done. As an experienced developer and software architect I was skeptical when I read the huge list of bugfixes, changes and additions, but I've yet to encounter any issues. Big respect to the team for the effort to pull this huge patch off so far. :smile: Ofc we will discover some issues when more testing is done in the field, but that is to be expected with all the awesome changes (higher res shadows was most welcome and looks great so far). :blush:
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,111Registered Users
    How is Tyrion doing after the patch combat wise? Are Sisters of Avelorn still better than regular archers?
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• rothamon81rothamon81 AustriaPosts: 120Registered Users

Rikis said:

Rikis said:

Volkmar moved somewhere near Slvania, name the faction Sigmar's crusade/crusaders or some such. Gelt could go on a Teclis style expedition somewhere around the world.

And before people say its unloreful for Gelt, many were saying the same for Teclis, Kalida (Vortex), those tomb king exiles, etc etc. People will get used to it or mod it out.

Khalida VORTEX, because Lybaras isn't on the Vortex map. In the Mortals Empire campaign she is in Lybaras. Teclis has been known to travel a lot.

Volkmars crusade would, or if they do, SHOULD be a Horde.

Also there of course is the difference that all of the factions you mentioned have 4 LORDS. The Empire has 3 and all of them belong to Reikland. If the empire should get more starting positions, maybe CA should correct a mistake from game 1 in form of giving the Empire a FLC LL. Maybe Kurt Helborg in Sudenburg? The TOdbringer in Middenheim? The Mad Count in Averland?

Also it fits the Empire that it has easy access to 3 LLs. Their LLs aren't the powerhouses that are Teclis, Tyrion, Malekith etc. but for that, in campaign, they can relatively easily field all 3 of them.

You misunderstand me, I am all for them getting new LL, I am of the mindset that all factions should get 4 starting pos. I just think moving current LL plus adding Todbringer into the mix would be a good move if you ask me.
    Not all factions should get 4 Starting Positions, unless it'd done right. 4 Imperial Starting positions? Choose (given in some cases even with 2 pottential LLs):
    Sudenburg - Kurt Helborg;
    Averland - Marius Leitdorf; Hans Leitdorf
    Wissenland - Elspeth von Draken
    Middenheim: Graf Boris Todbringer; Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir

none of those include the Supreme Patriach or the Grand Theogonist
    I agree with what you say but just in case CA see this post.
    Please don't make Elspeth the main LL for Wissenland! Like I said in another thread the LL should represent the focus of gunpowder and smithing of nuln. (Imho)
    She can be second for all I care but Jubal Falk would fit better in regards of flavor.
    Oh please give the Empire Faction each a legendary lord, its always nice to collect those sweet LL defeated traits. Until Vlad has arrived at Altdorf, he will be able to go through the garrison singlehandedly.
  • diabolos099diabolos099 Junior Member Posts: 63Registered Users
    Reworked group vocalisation system and added new assets for most humanoid units:
    Blood Knights thirst for blood more
    Bretonnians (Knights and Peasants) are now overly honourable
    Dark Elves (Male, Female, and Witch Elves) are now extra malevolent
    Dwarfs now hold even more grudges
    Empire State Troops are now more disciplined
    Goblins are now extra stabby
    High Elves (Male and Female) have increased in arrogance
    Orcs now Waaagh! harder than ever
    Warriors Chaos and Norscans (Chosen, Marauders, and Chaos Warriors) worship the Dark Gods more intensely
    Wood Elves (Male and Female) are now wilder

did anyone notice something new in this regard? i havent played my beloved dark elves for a while so i cant really say if there are new or something like that voice lines with this patch or not.
  • MistahWolfeMistahWolfe Posts: 1Registered Users
    Is it just me or is the bloodlines very... disappointing? like, i see the traits and get excited, until you realize how meh they actually are.

FOR EXAMPLE: Von carstien bloodline says it gives access to crossbowman. Initial thought : SWEET! even basic crossbowman will change the way i play, opening me up to whole new strategies with vampires in campaign! At least until you realize its exactly ONE crossbowman. even if they stack up as you get another Von Carstien (which, seeing as the blood dragon traits don't stack, i doubt they do), at best you get THREE crossbowman and ONE hand-gunner. WHATS THE BLOODY POINT then???

Like, its a really cool mechanic and i enjoy it, but the perks are just... meh. i really hope they buff this to make it actually... well matter in campaign. If they thought stacking they perks would make them too powerful than just make them require more kisses.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,578Registered Users, Moderators
    Fairly sure that you can get a total of seven Von Carstein missile units, though that includes handgunners. So it could be worse. Not that that, uh, really makes that much of a difference.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,853Registered Users

Is it just me or is the bloodlines very... disappointing? like, i see the traits and get excited, until you realize how meh they actually are.

FOR EXAMPLE: Von carstien bloodline says it gives access to crossbowman. Initial thought : SWEET! even basic crossbowman will change the way i play, opening me up to whole new strategies with vampires in campaign! At least until you realize its exactly ONE crossbowman. even if they stack up as you get another Von Carstien (which, seeing as the blood dragon traits don't stack, i doubt they do), at best you get THREE crossbowman and ONE hand-gunner. WHATS THE BLOODY POINT then???

Like, its a really cool mechanic and i enjoy it, but the perks are just... meh. i really hope they buff this to make it actually... well matter in campaign. If they thought stacking they perks would make them too powerful than just make them require more kisses.

Range Units are covering up one the main weaknesses of the Vampire Counts roster, but they are still Overrated, so ya the other Bloodlines seems to offer better bonuses than the Von Carstein.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,479Registered Users

This mechanic seems to me more like a big patch for VC for WH2, rather actual proper mechanic, but it still seem like a good and strong patch, which addressed almost everything VC needed.
    Hope in Game 3 there would be something else and maybe Bloodlines mechanic would be reworked or cut into pieces and reused for something else, while Counts get separate Currency, which is more integrated and get separate mechanic, which is more proper and would get actual Bloodlines, which is imo important.
    But if we can't get actual Bloodlines in Game 3 - well, this is the best we could get then and we need to live with this for rest of the series, I guess. So want complain, especially, if to take into account that what it brings really good for now.

As for Crossbowmen - as Canuovea mentioned there are more: one extra for each Special Lord in its own Skill Tree (search separate skills above melee line) and +1 Handgunner for unlocking last one Special Carstein Lord.
    I would speculate that Devs just wanted to try how it would work and add something flavorful (maybe afraid it would break balance and flavor of Counts, especially if to take into account other changes).
    They are not actually something to become too big of a deal, but could already give slightly different approach to some battles.
    I hope that one day we get full access to those units+some more, but of course it still should be locked behind enough stuff, since it's indeed not very balanced, if Counts would get them as easy as Empire, plus would break flavor of those 2.
    Afterall, I suggested to add those only to Vlad/Isabella as part of tech tree or/and reward for getting Books of Nagash (Mannfred's Counts would get some Undead units including ranged instead). Either being able to recruit only in certain provinces. I thought it would be good reward for progressing through game, especially for expansion, plus it fits lore and adress somehow Bloodlines and missing access to some units.
    With current untainted attrition edition Books of Nagash seem more well fitting though.

As for other buffs from mechanic - again, they are more for flavorful approach, but some are real useful.
    - Necrarchs give boost to research, bigger magic pool and serious upkeep reduction for all armies (especially, if to take into account other buffs to WoM reserves, upkeep reduction tools and research tools - it could be quite solid and strong)
    - Blood Dragons give immunity to untainted attrition, which is also huge, plus they help to gain experience faster (a bit overlaps with other attrition buffs and make them less of a deal, but at the same time still very good and handy; same with experience - overlaps with some stuff, but still good)
    - Strigoi gives additional Corruption to own regions and cut down some Public Order penalty value for Corruption, which helps to expand faster (here everything is obvious - corruption is one of the main restrictions for Counts)
    - Lahmian Lord neglects fatigue, which with buffs from Skeleton/Zombie Tech could be very nice for spammy survival armies, plus could give better duration to monsters and cav with nice synergy to cav from Blood Dragons

Other flavorful or niche playthrough elements are also nice:
    - Lahmian upkeep reduction let you be more spammy with heroes, while Line of Sight more aware of AI/player activity, plus helps to open map easier. With some boosts both could be really nice.
    - mentioned above buff for Cavalry from Blood Dragons actually could be handy, if you go heavy with cav or have enough elite cav with good damage in your armies
    - Carsteins Replenishment could be handy and save some skill points in some cases in some situations (meanwhile, I still don't know where to invest skills, except for attrition/replenishment to unlock Lighning Strike). Ranged could affect tactics a bit for some armies
    - Strigoi ambush buff with fix to AI in this patch could improve gameplay and make it easier for those who uses ambush stance (I personally don't, but I guess, I just don't know how to use it right or in which situations)

Btw, based on this I have 2 questions (maybe a bit off-topic, but they are small, so not sure, if they have value for separate thread):
    1. What skills better to invest now to unlock Lightning Strike in Blue Line for Lords with all these changes? Does Ambush and Hero Skill even worth it?
    2. Where to use ambush and in which situation? I mean, I could see it being used in some tiny pass, where you could camp AI, but is it worth elsewhere or is it that situational (like you could predict where AI would come from and ambush it - and benifit from it, I guess...). Also is Ambush attack is that good?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________