Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Assembly Kit Fix??

toontotalwartoontotalwar Junior MemberPosts: 61Registered Users
edited November 8 in General Discussion
Dear CA

When can we expect to have the Assembly Kit fixed as modding the Starpos is not saving currently??

Thanks

TheToon
Post edited by toontotalwar on

Comments

• Teos16Teos16 Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    @toontotalwar
    Try reinstalling the AKit. I had the same issue and it helped me.
  • toontotalwartoontotalwar Junior Member Posts: 61Registered Users
    Teos16 said:

@toontotalwar

have you tried to build any starpos since Patch 20 update? it does not work mate..have uninstalled AK and reinstalled and still no joy! many have reported the problem but CA has done nothing to fix!
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,332Registered Users
    I had the same problem. There's a work around. So you export everything from the AK then start up BoB. You launch BoB like you normally do and the Rome 2 splash screen pops up. When it comes up, end the program via the task manager or by hitting alt+F5. Whichever way works. Lastly, before the BoB process can complete, quickly boot up Rome 2 manually, let it get to the main menu, and then exit out. BoB should successfully create a startpos. Let me know if you have any questions. My Steam name is Turqoise_Falcon. You can search for my Roman Houses mod and find me that way if you need anything else.
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
    edited November 8

I had the same problem. There's a work around. So you export everything from the AK then start up BoB. You launch BoB like you normally do and the Rome 2 splash screen pops up. When it comes up, end the program via the task manager or by hitting alt+F5. Whichever way works. Lastly, before the BoB process can complete, quickly boot up Rome 2 manually, let it get to the main menu, and then exit out. BoB should successfully create a startpos. Let me know if you have any questions. My Steam name is Turqoise_Falcon. You can search for my Roman Houses mod and find me that way if you need anything else.

Thanks for tip mate will try this out, and let you know it it works! Just one question though have you got to export everything out of AK as it’s only one file that I am changing in Starpos?

EDIT: Still not building, by time I exit from Task manager and then start game the BOB program finishes so you cannot build the starpos. any tips please?
    Post edited by toontotalwar on
  • Teos16Teos16 Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited November 8

Teos16 said:

@toontotalwar

have you tried to build any starpos since Patch 20 update? it does not work mate..have uninstalled AK and reinstalled and still no joy! many have reported the problem but CA has done nothing to fix!
    Yes, a startpos gets generated by AKit after reinstalling it. Do you also launch Rome 2 when a window in Steam pops up after launching BOB? I mean Steam asks you for the permission to launch Rome 2 with certain commands and you should hit ok in steam.

Thanks for tip mate will try this out, and let you know it it works! Just one question though have you got to export everything out of AK as it’s only one file that I am changing in Starpos?

EDIT: Still not building, by time I exit from Task manager and then start game the BOB program finishes so you cannot build the starpos. any tips please?
    I would say export everything. It works for me because it takes awhile for BoB to process the startpos.

What is it that you’re trying to change in the startpos?
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
    edited November 8
    start_pos_diplomacy, i am trying to make three factions military_allies with each other.

Ok how do I extract all please?

Also I steam invited you so we can speak on there maybe?
    Yeah few free to shoot me a message. I’ll trouble shoot this issue myself later tonight
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
    Woo
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
    Am here mate and sent you a message on steam