Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Curse of the Vampire Coast is out now!

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,118Registered Users
    Unfortunately I've got to work, then teach a class before playing. Got about 15 hours to go minimum.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,986Registered Users
    Good job CA ! Looks like a GREAT DLC so far, very interesting and different.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 579Registered Users
    edited November 2018

This was an hour ago I don’t mean to Hark on but C,mon!!! Wait is killing me.

A very long 15 min
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 4,322Registered Users
    Stephince said:

Hmmmm, that should probably be changed.

Considering that Sudenberg is Southern Realms on the Vortex campaign I doubt they will so it's probably planned for a Southern Realms/Dogs of War DLC. (If that was in response to Sudenburg being Southern Realms instead of Empire.)
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,703Registered Users
    edited November 2018

Stephince said:

Considering that Sudenberg is Southern Realms on the Vortex campaign I doubt they will so it's probably planned for a Southern Realms/Dogs of War DLC. (If that was in response to Sudenburg being Southern Realms instead of Empire.)
    Heresy! Nothing but utter heresy!

Sudenburg is Imperial! Not Tilean, Estalian or part of the Border Princes!
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 2,213Registered Users

Stephince said:

Heresy! Nothing but utter heresy!

Sudenburg is Imperial! Not Tilean, Estalian or part of the Border Princes!
    What he said!
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 308Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    @CA_Duck
    @Canuovea
    @CA_Ella

Khalida's army poison trait still does not properly affect ranged attacks liker arrows.

It shows the little poison drop icon next to ranged attacks (on unit info panel) but in actuality the ranged attacks will not apply poison to their targets (neither the debuff icon nor the penalties will be applied to the enemy).

I guess this could also be a problem for vampire helman gorst who also gives poison to his entire army and the new ranged units that can be recruited through the blood lines?

Can you please fix this bug?
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 1,909Registered Users
    Ugh. I had it almost downloaded and I had to start work!!

And of course my internet which usually downloads at 30MPS let fluctuating between 5 and 20 for 30 minutes. Then promptly goes right back up after I finish the download for vampire coast when I try to download something else.

Curse you interweb gods!!
  • Mstewa30Mstewa30 Posts: 337Registered Users
    Karl franz still only +10 diplomacy.....
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 1,787Registered Users

@CA_Duck
    @Canuovea
    @CA_Ella

Khalida's army poison trait still does not properly affect ranged attacks liker arrows.

It shows the little poison drop icon next to ranged attacks (on unit info panel) but in actuality the ranged attacks will not apply poison to their targets (neither the debuff icon nor the penalties will be applied to the enemy).

I guess this could also be a problem for vampire helman gorst who also gives poison to his entire army and the new ranged units that can be recruited through the blood lines?

Can you please fix this bug?

maybe they only have poison melee attacks?
  • Dullahan125Dullahan125 Posts: 49Registered Users
    if anyone is having trouble starting the download, make sure you opt out of the beta.That work for me.
  • Gillo0000Gillo0000 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Dear team
    I am a fan for warhammer 2 total war and i have 3 suggestion hope that u can consider

1) if you can create a faction of apes from the planet of apes movie with some monkey warriors and giants like king kong

2) if u can add more units for lizarmen like godzilla and some different dinosaurs types

3) if u can add for tomb kings more strong infantry because there infantry is very week like ancient egyption set

Thanks alot hope that u can consider
  • PilthoidPilthoid Posts: 167Registered Users
    First off- that video was amazing! Easily the best one you guys have done. You keep getting better and better... I cant wait to play!
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    Sudenburg was an Empire Colony when it was first founded.

That being said, its totally possible that they were so cut off from the Empire that they had to start relying on mercenaries and explorers from other regions, which would bleed into their culture.

I'll take it if it gives me Southern Realms DLC.

As for the Khalida poison bug, I'm not sure what is going on with that. Not all bugs are going to be fixed each patch cycle, I suspect, but I cannot say anything about it for sure since I am only a lowly volunteer moderator.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 4,322Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Sudenburg was an Empire Colony when it was first founded.

That being said, its totally possible that they were so cut off from the Empire that they had to start relying on mercenaries and explorers from other regions, which would bleed into their culture.

Really asks the Question of what was Helborg doing in Southern Araby then considering the army book mentions him there.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• TenaciousBadgerTenaciousBadger Posts: 49Registered Users
    If y'all want DOW/TEB then Sudenberg HAS to be one of the starts. With Sartosa going undead only the New World Colonies is a loreful start.

Sudenberg would make sense since it'll be hard to shoehorn in another 2 spots as it is.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 308Registered Users
    @Canuovea
    Thank you for replying :)

If you can please forward the Khalida poison bug to CA_Duck or someone similar, because this bug has been present since Tomb Kings release and there have been many many reports about it in the past year.
  • KallisteKalliste Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    will be good
    Post edited by Kalliste on
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 882Registered Users
    Good laugh, this dead boat-boy nonsense.

Vangheist's Revenge had me grinning like a night gobbo fanatic when it blasted through a zombie-bogged unit of Cold One Riders on its first use. Glad I kept my head in the sand and didn't watch any spoilers for that.

8/10 start with Harkon on Vortex. Minus one because I don't like having all these pirate factions declaring war on me and then cruising around my coastline doing nothing (four by turn 20). This isn't the Bahamas people! This is the zoggin' Vampire Coast! Drop those daquiris, piña coladas and 'Bahama Mamas', already! Come and fight! Also deducted a point "coz dey ain't green".
  • Chidy1776Chidy1776 Posts: 29Registered Users
    I've been really excited about this update. I come to ask you guys to please add a preupdate function like other games though, where I can download the patch ahead of time. I started downloading at 4pm EST, it's now 1am EST and I'm finally almost done. Those of us with no high speed options would really appreciate it as there are no faster options for Internet in my area.
    edited November 2018
    okay, yesterday I played and wow did I got into Cylostra Direfin !!!

She is EPIC BEHOND PROPORTIONS !!

I am really sold. So much to do, and the ultimate dream when you enjoy RolePlay the game.

The ship is fantastic, so many buildings to build. The campaign is SMOOTH as ever (doing Cylostra Direfin, The lady of the Lamprey in Vortex) it follows a very logic way of doing things. Buildings are unlocked at the right timing, it follows perfectly with my gamestyle.

I am absoluty in LOVE with this campaign, and not in a thousands years did I think I would love pirates this much as I do now in Warhammer.

The units are extremely interesting and a pure joy to play with. The lore of the deep with Cylostra is truly AMAZING, the spells are so cool looking and are so fun.

All the legendary lords have been made very smart, every single one of them is build in a way that you really see that they put the time into it.

CA THANK YOU SOOO MUCH !! we needed this hardcore ! I didn;t play for a month, (wanted to finish some other games finally, never got the time since I always play Warhammer) and now I am super hyped to come back after a month. its glorious, truly it is !

THANK YOU !
    Post edited by Canuovea on

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • ThierryVilmartThierryVilmart Posts: 119Registered Users
    I am super scared it will crash if I try it at release time.
  • JDog91JDog91 Junior Member Posts: 473Registered Users
    So far really enjoying Luthor's vortex campaign. I'm finding it tricky to expand but the cove mechanic is great for rampaging down the shore and stealing some pestilens cash. The vampirates seem to play a very slow game due to corruption being tricky to gain.

The seas are far more entertaining without forced auto resolve, and the amount of armies at sea make it fun. Before I'd avoid the ocean like the plague unless I wanted treasure, now I can't stop going out hunting for armies.

Looking forward to trying Lokhir and Noctilus on ME after the vortex campaign.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,698Registered Users
    Awesome fun so far!
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 579Registered Users
    Bravo CA.

Not an in depth review.

This is the most fun I’ve had with total war game/DLC to date and Ive had hundreds of hours in shogun 1 and many many other TW since. The Vampire coast is awesome!
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,422Registered Users
    Too bad I have tests to grade and classes to teach, I could sink every hour of the day into this DLC and not notice the passing of time, I am enjoying it that much. The pirate coves are a thing of genius.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Posts: 1,516Registered Users
    This is really the best showing yet by CA. They keep going from Strength to Strength, and I think this bodes extremely well for Game 3.
    I am happy that CA showed us a bit willpower and strength again, because it was severely lacking after TK.

Now IF they also get out from the medieval ages of dealing with there bugs, the game will shine like NEVER before, because the game and DLC is just FANTASTIC !!

Every person will have the same bug reported below. One can declare war on humans only even if they are allied with the Lizardmen. The buffs on Cylostra are not visible. I wish CA had tested the game more.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/229842/vampire-coast-missing-hero-buffs-and-broken-war-against-an-alliance/p1?new=1
    edited November 2018
    I think this DLC is a little too easy. 2 heroes are said as easy in the menu.

The cash flow is huge. Units are cheap and can be raised quite cheap and fast. The lack of corruption allows to have lots of public disorder that allows to fight easy battles vs rebellions to lvl up units. The legendary lord has a horde mechanism with more buildings giving lots of good stuff. The cannons are extremely over-powered. Almost each non-legendary lord has healing spells. Pirate coves will boost the cash flow. This means one can declare wars far away safely just to build coves.

We get lots of heroes for free. One is already immortal: the palladin.

battles:
    One can use firearms mobs to lure out the enemy far from the shock point. The AI is stupid and will follow the unit. Bloated corpses do tons of damage and lower morale. Cylostra can spawn several strong units, the paladin and the monsters. And her spells are OP: reduce attack damage on all enemies in an area.