Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Leaderboard points reset bug - is it still happening in the Aye Aye Patch?

CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 1,239Registered Users, CA Staff
edited November 8 in Multiplayer
Hi,

So with the new Aye Aye patch, we investigated what may have caused the leaderboard points to reset and our programmer found an issue where points would be set to a default value. Now that particular error is fixed, but as we've never managed to reproduce the issue internally, we have no way of knowing whether the issue as a whole is completely fixed. Hence why it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

So I have a request for our Quick Battlers. Could you keep an eye on your leaderboard points and let us know if you see a points drop that is larger than 5%, please? That way we can know whether we need to make another attempt at fixing the issue.

Thank you!
Duck
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 307Registered Users
    @CA_Duck

Thank you for your interest. My third QB game yesterday froze, then the game itself crashed. I checked my connection right afterwards: >75MB/sec. Restarted the game and a warning appeared. Checked the ladder.

Lost all of my 34 wins! This happened also in February when I lost all of my 85 wins. But not the points in both cases. I never alt-tab out of the game, with my win-percentage there would be no advantage gained anyways. :#

Imagine this happens to Slade_X and he loses more than 2K wins. Just wanted to let you know. Thx

Anyone interested in showing a noob some tipps n tricks? Steam name Geraldo7 or pm me here. Will play after work from 10pm central european time which is 4pm new york. thx
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited November 9
    Hi Duck,

I played a QB game today, Faust vs Thunderbird.

I won the game, but I lost 23,000 Points on the ladder.

I went from 62 to 4733.

Slightly over 5%.

Clearly unhappy.
  • RiggsenRiggsen Member Posts: 2,376Registered Users
    edited November 9
    This happened to me about 3-4 weeks ago, its a real kick in the guts. One win took me from ~58500 (top 20-30) to ~33000 (rank 5000).

Was hoping it was fixed this patch so no one else had to deal with this. :cry:

I’m back in the top 200 but its taken a long time.
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
    Damm sorry to hear that man, sounds bad but I'm kinda glad its not just me who's had this. So frustrating its not fixed.

Ill see you on the slow grind back up there I guess!
    If its any consolation, Lotus Moon had the same thing happen and he’s back at #2. He’s a lot better than me though! :lol:

Not much of a silver lining, but it does help you take it less seriously and while you’re low rank you can muck around with different builds and factions you wouldn’t normally use.

Still hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later, and I’m glad its a priority for CA.
  • ystyst Posts: 3,553Registered Users
    edited November 10
    Yep just got hit too lol, lucky this isnt war 3, else ill be super ****. Dropped from 4 to 25, couple thousand points worth. ery common bug still unfix.

Lost cause really, i recommend a new set of leaderboard for war 3. PLS DONT USE the same codes or whatever, we know its broken, just give us a fresh board thats free of these stupid bugs. Found match bug STILL going. Any avg player wouldve gave up on such mp system tbh.

Anyway how mine happened, games about to end, opponent disconnected(ppl still cable pull im assuming), waiting for opponent box pops up, timer ends.

Defeat.

Lucky thisison new patch, so im happy to play few hundred more games till liz patch but really. Im ptty sure this annoys so many players in the mp community
    Post edited by yst on
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
    edited November 10
    Duck are there any plans to have leaderboards refresh in time periods, like every 6 months or so?

Would lessen the impact of this and also keep the ranked system fresh.
    Post edited by The_real_FAUST on
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 4,398Registered Users

Duck are there any plans to have leaderboards refresh in time periods, like every 6 months or so?

Would lessen the impact of this and also keep the ranked system fresh.

I do support ladder reset every 3 months, but it would be worse if this bug does not get fixed actually since if you get hit with it near the end of the cycle there is no way you could climb up to the top before the reset.

I been hit with it 4 times now and all 4 times i was in top 3 when i got hit, dropped 20k points 3 times and 2k once it ONLY happened after i won the game.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 1,663Registered Users
    Not that I really care about ladder, but it could be a bit dangerous too with resets as it can push people to burn out...

Another thing that could be nice is if we have a persistent ladder (without bugs) that has some point decay if you don't play a certain number of games in a certain time period. Just to encourage people to put their ELO at stake and give people coming from behind a chance.

Not that I really care about ladder, but it could be a bit dangerous too with resets as it can push people to burn out...

Another thing that could be nice is if we have a persistent ladder (without bugs) that has some point decay if you don't play a certain number of games in a certain time period. Just to encourage people to put their ELO at stake and give people coming from behind a chance.

Ahh that is a better solution to my proposal, I like that.
    I think a reset is better. Scores get pretty inflated after a while.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 4,398Registered Users
    edited November 13
    @CA_Duck can confirm just went from rank 10 on funky_monkey account to rank 18000 after a win i can pin point the exact game from todays stream that it happened on, it was me using WE's and auto generating an army i was against HE's.

And my wins got reset to 0 (on 4 now) but yeah they got reset also.
    Post edited by Lotus_Moon on
    Seems to be pretty common at the moment, if not more common than before no?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file