Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressVampire Coast Graphic and FPS Issue

SaracenSnakeSaracenSnake Posts: 2Registered Users
edited December 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Ever since I downloaded the Vampire Cost DLC I have been encountering a visual bug that displays weird textures (all the text boxes turn white, as shown in the photo attached) and causing dropped frames, freezes, and crashes.

Whenever the game crashes I get a windows notification saying "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware."

The frame lags often happen whenever I click on a city or an army. Random fps drops also occur on battles and campaigns on both ME and Vortex.

I had no issues whatsoever regarding bugs,fps drops or crashes prior to downloading the DLC. (Even with multiple mods)

What I attempted so far to fix the issue:
Verified Integrity of the game files.
Reinstalled the game.
Moves the game to another drive.
Checked the temperature of CPU & Graphic card.
RAM seems fine & no memory leaks
Lowered refresh rate to 60Hz instead of 144Hz.
Reinstalled, updated, and roll-backed graphic card's driver.

Game Build: 1.5.0
DirectX 11

Screenshot:

PC Specs:
Windows 10
Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
Intel Core i7-7700k
16G RAM
ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor - 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440), 1ms, up to 144Hz, G-SYNC
Post edited by CA_Hamish on

Comments

• CA_HamishCA_Hamish Posts: 116Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA
    Hi @SaracenSnake

Thank you for providing the above information and sorry to hear you have encountered this issue.

We have seen this issue before, on WH1 and WH2. It is usually a data driven issue. I can see above that you verified integrity of cache files on steam, however did you do this after removing all the subscribed mods for Wh2? I understand its a pain, however the mod data can conflict with the vanilla game data, thus causing the issues shown in your screenshot.

Another thing to try is to DDU your graphics drivers and reinstall fresh. I know you said above that you reinstalled and rolled back but completely removing your graphics drivers via DDU is safe bet that you are removing any corruptions.

Try the two things above and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
    CA_Hamish

• SaracenSnakeSaracenSnake Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you for your reply.

yes i verified integrity of cache files without any mods and i did DDU my graphics drivers.

I also tried Underclocking and finally reinstalling windows 10, which didn't solve the problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file