Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedWeird Red Glow on ME campaign map around the edges of objects.

ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 490Registered Users
edited November 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Build: 1.5.0

I came across a graphical issue that is annoying to look at and is clearly a bug, basically there is this weird red glow around the edges of certain objects on the Mortal Empires Campaign map that did not appear until I loaded a saved game that was saved a few turns before. This red glow is most visible on the Dwarf Unit banners.

This issue is not there when a new campaign has started however so clearly something is messing up the lighting in this game.

To Reproduce simply play a game till at least turn 127, make sure you save the game 2 turns before that and then load that save and it should appear.

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 490Registered Users
    I found out what is causing this to happen, its the FXAA, setting the AA to FXAA causes this red glow effect as shown in the pictures above, set the AA to anything else and it goes away.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,323Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Marking as Solved. Thanks for the follow up feedback.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 490Registered Users
    While I have found a way to get rid of the Red glow by changing to a different AA setting, it causes my FPS to take a hit by doing so, and turning AA off entirely makes the game look far too sharp and jagged for my liking.

So something is causing FXAA to produce this red glow effect on the Campaign map and I do not know what it is. Please investigate.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file