Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Coast DLC Crash to desktop issue

Comments

• SwampSackMcGeeSwampSackMcGee Registered Users Posts: 22
    I posted the issue on reddit requesting help, lets avoid spamming if possible. Maybe some kind soul has figured out how to fix the problem and never looked at forums.
  • NealM63NealM63 Registered Users Posts: 20
    edited November 2018
    I am having the same problem. I am playing as HE Alarielle and when AI controlled Wood Elves take out the last Sartosa settlement the game immediately crashes.

This truly bites. I never had a crash problem until this DLC.

I run NO mods.
  • AtharielAthariel Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same problem here crash on destroying Vampire Coast in Mortal Empires campaign while playing as High Elves.

Game is unplayable at this time.

Very disappointing lack of response or comment from CA.
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,036
    Hi Everyone

Our QA team are aware of this issue and are actively investigating.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AizuAizu Registered Users Posts: 27
    CA_Nate said:

Hi Everyone

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

You already said this message on November 19..... Really? we know we just want a update if they are working on like a hotfix.. It shouldn't take this long for a QA to fix this problem.
  • ZartarUKZartarUK Registered Users Posts: 12
    CA_Nate said:

Hi Everyone

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

Impressive, both comments were 17 words long each time and gave no info at all, literally just shrugging us off.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a bot tbh with those kind of responses.

It is very hard not to get frustrated or annoyed when you are being actively ignored, bugs I can understand, ignoring your fan base I can't.

Might be time to seek a refund sadly.
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited November 2018
    Maybe they should refund us the DLC price ...
    Post edited by Frontaffe on
  • SivatSivat Registered Users Posts: 16
    The first post in the Forum regarding this issue was on the 11th November.... they're still unable to fix this… Maybe remove the Vampire coast again for the time being? Seems like an simular issue like they had with the norsca.
    So it's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't fixed it. Just wow.................. Makes me think do they even give a crap about their community.
    "actively investigating" - How about Actively fixing the problem?!?!?!??!
  • DWILLYDWILLY Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    Amazing how CA employs over 500 people, and yet is still unable to communicate or inform the playerbase on the status of these types of issues. I understand that these things can be complicated, but radio silence is one guaranteed way to anger a otherwise loyal fanbase/playerbase.
    edited November 2018
    i´m really thinking about giving the DLC a bad review on Steam.
  • SmokedTwoSmokedTwo Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    Yet another continual crash. Playing VC defending against the last of the Dreadfleet against non-legendary lord, Annie Vole. Game freezes right after the results of the battle, then crashes to desktop.

This is in mortal empires, playing Vampire Coast. The Drowned was defeated by me earlier. Pirates of Sartosa was defeated by the NPC earlier. So this issue occurred between the last two remaining factions of VC. There were no newly created VC rebel factions on the land map; however, there were the random pirates still sailing around.

Seems like it's a conflict once the factions are updated after an elimination of a VC faction caused by a played controlled VC faction. Doesn't occur when NPC VC eliminates NPC VC.

So the crash was occurring right after I autobattled, so I decided to manually battle and had the same result. After I defeat the attacking last Dreadfleet lord with the VC garrison, the game crashes. As the loading bar is finishing up, the audio for the win starts off (creaking noise) and when the bar is nearly full, the game stops then crashes to desktop. Since the NPC is attacking me, my game is now unplayable.

Just disappointed that this bug got past QA, I will definitely hold off on buying new material from CA on its initial release and let the early adopters play test and find the bugs for CA.

I don't write many reviews on Steam and if I am so inclined, it's usually very positive. I guess too often we expect a finished product to be sold, not one that has significant issues. So I wrote my review on Steam trying to warn others of this particular issue as well as the non-functionality of this DLC using DX12. As a side note, I've bought (and downloaded free) all of the DLCs for both Warhammer and Warhammer II to complete this Total War package so my support of this product was very strong, even with some of the cash grab schemes that CA is now doing as part of its business model. Please use some of that cash to hire play testers what would've caught some of these issues before release.
    Post edited by SmokedTwo on
    Yep 2 more days and im gonna refund this dlc... thanks a lot CA almost 3 weeks still no fix. Wtf is QA even doing, how the freak is it taking em this long to fix this I just don't understand.
  • foxtrot_shfoxtrot_sh Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    I am also affected on my Kemmler campaign. Cant play the game for a week now because I dont want to start a new campaign and run into this bug again. Please give us at least a rough estimate once this is fixed...
  • BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited November 2018
    I am not sure if somebody has mentioned it before (here or elsewhere), but the bug also occurs if you haven't bought and downloaded the Vampire Coast DLC. However, it does only occur with the VC factions even then, as I had no trouble killing off anything that was not a sea shell covered corpse.

In any case, I only bought the game last week when it was on sale (hence I didn't buy the newest DLC as it wasn't on sale) and have barely played my 27 hours so far, and now am stuck on my first serious campaign as Court of Lybaras in turn ~200 (the Asur test run of ~30 rounds doesn't really count). Killed the Blessed Dread, killed Clan Pestilence, killed a bunch of these marauding sea factions. Most of the Lizard Men factions were destroyed by AIs. And then came the Pirates of Sartosa. Same problem as all the others here - I did push them back to the Scorpion Coast where I then first encountered the bug defeating them, not in The Awakening or anywhere else.

Played a little more by making peace with them instead of killing them, lured them out of town this way, capturing the city and starved their only army out without a town. Killed them on a plain battlefield ... autoresolve just as well as fighting it myself. Same result. Either after clicking "Occupy" or "Raze" when killing them in their city, or right after calculating the battle results in a field battle autoresolve, or simply at the end of the loading screen, when the bar hits 100% after fighting them myself. Crash to desktop.

So I did some troubleshooting of my own and tried a bunch of different things that were either recommended as general checks before reporting an issue to the support, or in other threads - none of which worked.
    - Deleted and reinstalled graphics drivers (newest and older versions, as apperently a similar problem had been observed a few months ago and for some going back to an older driver worked ... no luck here)
    - verifying game files
    - deleting the AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Warhammer2 folder and just keeping the saves
    - fx_cache is actually empty for me
    - no mods installed whatsoever, never have, not even for TWWH 1
    - changing language, verifying data, changing language back, verifying again
    - different (lower) graphics settings
    And a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember anymore. Only thing I didn't do was de- and reinstall the thing, as I didn't have the time and nerve, but that doesn't seem to help either, if I look around the threads.
    Didn't have the chance to try and see what happens if that leftover Sartosa army gets destroyed by another faction ... but I can guess.

So yeah ... this sucks. To say the least. Sure as hell won't start a new campaign with this bug hanging around ...
    Discouraged my friend, whom I played a lot of head to head campaigns in TWWH 1 with and who was planning on buying it next chance he gets at a sale, from buying it until this is fixed.
  • tastybagels1tastybagels1 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I feel bad for people who bought this dlc and are waiting 3+ weeks to play it properly lol.
  • bowCrossRepeaterbowCrossRepeater Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    Game crashes for me, too - in my latest campaign, it never chrashed before.

Playing as the Blessed Dread in the Mortal Empires Campaign, I annihilated the Vampire Coast and the Drowned already. (No crash there)
    Dreadfleet and Sartosa still exist in the campaign. Now, as I try to take or raze the last settlement of the Dreadfleet, there's this infamous crash -.-

Edit: I don't have the Vampire Coast DLC
    Post edited by bowCrossRepeater on
  • kendom02kendom02 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 18
    This is pathetic from CA how can you leave a game like this for over 2 weeks literally have spent over 200$ on this game for it to be unplayable, been playing a campaign with a friend nearly at turn 200 and this bug happens seriously not happy CA give us some work around or some update other then a bot response, I’ve posted on YouTube and twitter about this to voice my frustration!! Never if my life have I seen this from a gaming company where the game is legit unplayable and they have such a lack of response!! We need a you tuber who supports total war and is not afraid to report on this and upload a video and who is not so fair up CA arse !!!! Show some respect to your loyal fans CA
    Is that confirmed - that it only crashes on Sartosa being eliminated, if you don't own the DLC? So its a ploy to get people to buy the DLC if they actually want to finish their campaigns? That would explain the complete silence and non action.

Pretty disgusting if true and I damn sure won't spend another penny on a CA product if true.
    no, I am having the DLC and also having the Issue with Sartosa and Vampire Coast. Also having it since 3 weeks and Nothing happens… they are investigating… Which means nothing concret
  • iskandarfendiiskandarfendi Registered Users Posts: 2
    I played as Queen in Tomb Kings and got crashed when AI takes turned at Step 74. It happened with Vampire Count Mutineer
  • RalendilRalendil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    edited November 2018
    For people that want to continue playing, and that understand a little modding, I advice this mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574300248
    You need to modify the script by replacing "if distance > 240 then" by "if distance > 0 then"

You need also to remove "--" behind any minor faction and finally to put "--" behind the vampire coast factions.

The result will be that vampire coast factions will be removed at start and so no possibility of a crash.
    This means also you cannot play with the factions (as controlled by the AI) provided by this dlc and that you have to start a fresh new campaign. BUT you can play a vampire coast faction.

This confirm also that the bug should be directly linked to the Pirate Coves
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand
    Which factions are there instead of the Vampire coast? Just so i can tell if it worked...^^
  • iskandarfendiiskandarfendi Registered Users Posts: 2
    I am in Vampire Count Mutineer played as Tomb King Queen khalifa Campaign
  • BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    Ralendil said:

For people that want to continue playing, and that understand a little modding, I advice this mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574300248
    You need to modify the script by replacing "if distance > 240 then" by "if distance > 0 then"

You need also to remove "--" behind any minor faction and finally to put "--" behind the vampire coast factions.

The result will be that vampire coast factions will be removed at start and so no possibility of a crash.
    This means also you cannot play with the factions (as controlled by the AI) provided by this dlc and that you have to start a fresh new campaign. BUT you can play a vampire coast faction.

This confirm also that the bug should be directly linked to the Pirate Coves

You, kind Sir, are a hero for finding that thing. And kudos to the modder for accidentally providing a temporary solution. Of course, it can only be a temporary solution, as it's not designed for Vortex Campaign or Multiplayer ... but it's something for the meantime. Will try it out only later, though, to make sure it works.

(This should also go into the front-post of this thread, just so that it can be easily re-accessed.)
    edited November 2018
    So to summon up the bug, from everything i read here:

-Game crahses when Sartosa gets defeted/eliminated
    -it occurs if you have buyed the DLC or not
    -it occurse if you play as VC/Sartosa and if you play them youself or not
    -it mostly occurse in late turns (100+)
    (-interestingly it occurse often if wood elves eliminate Sartosa )

I also tryed contacting the support. after days of talking to ( probably) a bot and taking the standart steps like:

-deinstalling all mods
    -changing and deleting files
    -repairig and reinstalling the game
    - and all the other standart steps

I still crash in the same round at the same point. Not only that I also crash when get killed, when i start a new campain with Vampire COUNTS !

modding is not really an option in my case becourse the VC factions are allready integrated in the game and i dont want to remove them totaly ( im in round 240+ ).

I hope that helps the support IF they check on that problem again ....
    Post edited by Frontaffe on
  • bowCrossRepeaterbowCrossRepeater Registered Users Posts: 3
    @ Frontaffe
    "-Game crahses when Sartosa gets defeted/eliminated"

For me it crashes when the Dreadfleet gets eliminated (as described)
  • ReprotoxicReprotoxic Registered Users Posts: 122
    The hotfix update will be a "beta update" which will remain in beta until the the next piece of DLC regardless of when that will be... Perhaps by May and of when course when I say "May" I mean May 31st. 😂
    The Thing with the mods works! The Vampire-coast-factions are not there! Thanks alot for a at least temporary fix of the Issue.

Just a bit for your Ego... you fixed this while a 500+ Employee Tech-Company was unable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file