Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Coast DLC Crash to desktop issue

Comments

• AizuAizu Registered Users Posts: 27
    Sivat said:

The Thing with the mods works! The Vampire-coast-factions are not there! Thanks alot for a at least temporary fix of the Issue.

Just a bit for your Ego... you fixed this while a 500+ Employee Tech-Company was unable.

Do I have to start a new campaign in order to do that? Or can I still play my 233 turn count noctilus campaign?
  • AizuAizu Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited November 2018
    Nvm you have to start a new campaign well that sucks.
    I serious wish I freaking look at forums ahead of time and see wtf is happening. If i knew about this I wouldn't have purchase this dlc. A freaking community member that makes mods can fix the problem even faster then CA. This company is dead to me.

Thanks for helping us fix the problem if you want to start a new campaign, me I'm not starting a new campaign since I play on legendary and trust me it takes forever to get how far I gotten in that campaign.
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 26
    "... since I play on legendary and trust me it takes forever to get how far I gotten in that campaign."

i know wath you mean mate ... :/
  • SivatSivat Registered Users Posts: 16
    i was playing a legendary co-op Campaign with a friend and we were at turn 230 or so and took controll over Lustria. He is now playing Frostpunk out of Frustration^^
  • RalendilRalendil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    edited November 2018
    Aizu said:

Nvm you have to start a new campaign well that sucks.
    I serious wish I freaking look at forums ahead of time and see wtf is happening. If i knew about this I wouldn't have purchase this dlc. A freaking community member that makes mods can fix the problem even faster then CA. This company is dead to me.

Thanks for helping us fix the problem if you want to start a new campaign, me I'm not starting a new campaign since I play on legendary and trust me it takes forever to get how far I gotten in that campaign.

I totally understand you.

I wish CA could fix this problem quick... but after more than one week I think it can help people that want to start a game without the crash problem.
    Myself, I have a campaign I would like to finish cause it is an interresting one

I asked to a developper (in a live about this dlc) if he had any news about the update and he said me that he didn't know cause he doesn't work on it. I perfectly understand that the team is splitted between the differents tasks... but hey ! this bug makes the game crash sooner or later !
    I think we won't have the fix as fast as I think they should release it...

As a conclusion, I don't want to start a new campaign, but I think I will do it cause without any announcement about a fix, I think that CA will not provide it soon.

Sidenote: I think it is not fair for SEGA to continue advertising the dlc while they perfectly know that there is a major bug that makes the dlc unplayable.

Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand
  • dennizzledennizzle Registered Users Posts: 3
    Yes the same for me guys. 236 turns hard fought fights on legendary. im done with the game until they fix it.
  • timoryetimorye Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same problem here. Turn 190 with Dark Elves. Hope it will be fixed soon.
  • SwampSackMcGeeSwampSackMcGee Registered Users Posts: 22
    Tried getting there attention on twitter, they basically replied the same way the do here, vague and with no real answer
  • kendom02kendom02 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 18
    I still don’t get how CA can just ignore us literally they have the worst support system I could handle waiting a couple weeks if they would just give us a proper update
  • solrac86solrac86 Registered Users Posts: 1
    In my case, i was about to remove the last empire army in a siege. When i end the turn after defeat them, the game crashes. I have tried repeat the same strategy from the last save game and always the game crashes, except when i do not atac to the empire. I am playing the kemmer's campaign.
    I think everyone here should get on CA most recent YouTube video and start posting there comments about this I already have !
    Also Instagram and Twitter !!
    yep still nothing from CA.........
    It's so freaking frustrating to have this kick-ass game, get new and honestly fun to play factions, and then they just **** up the programming somehow, resulting in freaking Breaking it.
    Still nothing from CA typical
  • RothnicRothnic Registered Users Posts: 3
    Vampire Coast Mutineers got some territory and held out till turn 140, any time someone destroys them, CTD. I have to have an army sieging their last settlement FOR THE REST OF THE GAME
  • apostolispapostolisp Member Registered Users Posts: 206
    Crash to desktop for me too , on my Malekith campaign. After siegging Sartosa settlement (last settlement of Pirates of Sartosa) always crashes the game when I try to occupy it.
    edited December 2018
    Im still at a loss seriously my friend and i have got every single game and dlc since total war rome and we have put in 30 hour each playing this multiplayer campaign and we both work full time so we don't often get time to play yet for over 3 weeks we cant touch our campaign its broken please CA offer us some type of fix or even a update to me it seems like this must be a very serious bug for them to offer no support my thinking is that its a norsca type bug and they will not say anything about so people dont stop spending there hard earned cash on, well CA if you dont start updating your loyal fan base you will lose alot im already planning on not buying the new total war kingdoms game out of protest from this bug yes this will be the first game i don't buy since total war rome.......

My saves are attached from the multiplayer game im having with my friend if you have any decency as a company respond atleast with some type of ETA or explain what is going on cause this is just down right wrong! and really you shouldn't be allowed to sell a broken game!.

20$ for DLC thats breaks the game !
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    To people that read the thread quickly, check one of my post that contains a fix that permit to play a campaign.

Let's say it, this is not a solution for everything, but at least you can start a new campaign without fearing a ctd. And you can even play a vampire coast faction.
    What you can't do is playing with vampire coast factions controlled by the AI.
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand
  • pesikpesik Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Guys! Solution for crashes to desctop after some pirate faction defeated for me:

Switch your resolution in settings to windowed mode!

*Also, windowed mode for 1920*1080 does't work for my 1920*1080 monitor, but 1600*900 works. Since i've changed my resolution crashes after defeating any pirate factions don't bother me!
  • Matthias123Matthias123 Registered Users Posts: 5
    since the new DLC I have so many bugs and crashes its crazy. Its unplayable atm!!! PLEASE FIX THE DLC and the GAME! Nvida card is not working with the new DLC also. Good job!
  • BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    pesik said:

Guys! Solution for crashes to desctop after some pirate faction defeated for me:

*Also, windowed mode for 1920*1080 does't work for my 1920*1080 monitor, but 1600*900 works. Since i've changed my resolution crashes after defeating any pirate factions don't bother me!

Unfortunately it did not work for me. But great to hear it worked for you, so maybe there are at least some others that can profit from this.
  • TheCollectorTheCollector Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    I too am having consistent crashes to my desktop while playing VC. None of the fixes i've googled seem to work. I don't play with mods, i've reinstalled the game twice and verified the files. I've also followed the recommendation to reinstall the launcher folder and use the beta launcher. Same problem still occurs, a seemingly random crash to the desktop. Please fix this ASAP, three weeks and still unplayable.
  • SwampSackMcGeeSwampSackMcGee Registered Users Posts: 22
    pesik said:

Sadly does not fix the issue for me either, tried multiple resolutions
    didn't work for me either
    Even with removing vc factions, vc separatists factions appear...

Well, there's a need to tweak more and this is really $&*%!:;

If CA can't fix this problem, they should remove the DLC... and refund customers.
    Yes, that's a big failure, but let's be honest. The game can't be played actually.
    Jean Rostand
  • PestoPastaPestoPasta Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Is there a mod that prevents AI agents from doing anything to the player and other AI factions?

This could be a temporarily fix, maybe the game will be a little bit easier but at least playable..

EDIT:

Just found these two mods:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1370487289&searchtext=agents
    (Seems it is not updated so im not sure it works)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157936478&searchtext=agents
    (Looks like it works)

EDIT2:

I just realized that even if AI agents are "disabled" AI can still build pirate coves..

Well rip :(
    Post edited by PestoPasta on
  • BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited December 2018
    Try the mod described by Ralendil on page two:

For people that want to continue playing, and that understand a little modding, I advice this mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574300248
    You need to modify the script by replacing "if distance > 240 then" by "if distance > 0 then"

You need also to remove "--" behind any minor faction and finally to put "--" behind the vampire coast factions.

The result will be that vampire coast factions will be removed at start and so no possibility of a crash.
    This means also you cannot play with the factions (as controlled by the AI) provided by this dlc and that you have to start a fresh new campaign. BUT you can play a vampire coast faction.

This confirm also that the bug should be directly linked to the Pirate Coves

Works only for ME Campaign and if you start a new one, of course, but it gets you by for now.

Do we actually have some form of proof for the CTD being connected to Pirate Coves held by the defeated faction (as your post suggests, PestoPasta)? Or is it just an assumption (even if it seems plausible), as it is just related to the factions that can build these coves?

On that note: Anyone else have a problem with removing "The Drowned" through this mod? For some reason they still show up in the empires cycling when concluding a turn and I can't seem to get rid of them (everything changed in the mod file as specified ...)
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 26
    some one in the steam forum suggestet that the pirate coves are the problem becourse, if the faction gets defeted the game trys to calculate of it is sitll a living faction or not and then crashes becourse it can´t classify to wath the coves belong to.
  • foxtrot_shfoxtrot_sh Registered Users Posts: 2
    Bahaar said:

Try the mod described by Ralendil on page two:

For people that want to continue playing, and that understand a little modding, I advice this mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574300248
    You need to modify the script by replacing "if distance > 240 then" by "if distance > 0 then"

You need also to remove "--" behind any minor faction and finally to put "--" behind the vampire coast factions.

The result will be that vampire coast factions will be removed at start and so no possibility of a crash.
    This means also you cannot play with the factions (as controlled by the AI) provided by this dlc and that you have to start a fresh new campaign. BUT you can play a vampire coast faction.

This confirm also that the bug should be directly linked to the Pirate Coves

Works only for ME Campaign and if you start a new one, of course, but it gets you by for now.

Do we actually have some form of proof for the CTD being connected to Pirate Coves held by the defeated faction (as your post suggests, PestoPasta)? Or is it just an assumption (even if it seems plausible), as it is just related to the factions that can build these coves?

On that note: Anyone else have a problem with removing "The Drowned" through this mod? For some reason they still show up in the empires cycling when concluding a turn and I can't seem to get rid of them (everything changed in the mod file as specified ...)
    I cant remove the drowned either, tried some stuff...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file