Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Coast DLC Crash to desktop issue

Comments

• pesikpesik Registered Users Posts: 2
    I had crash to desctop after loremasters last army defeated in Harkon ME campaing...

Also, anyboy tryed to remove all data except saves from %appdata% > warhammer II folder? Maybe it would works...
  • SivatSivat Registered Users Posts: 16
    Having also the Issue with the Drowned.

Second Thing is, the Vampirates can come back as an Uprising… if the take back a Settlement, well then you have them back^^

The Thing is, if you are playing as Teclis and kill of the Vampire Coast instantly, they are destroyed. If it takes you longer you can't. It's highly plausible for me that it is linked to the coves. Cause if you kill them before they have time to build them, you can defeat them.
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    pesik said:

I had crash to desctop after loremasters last army defeated in Harkon ME campaing...

Also, anyboy tryed to remove all data except saves from %appdata% > warhammer II folder? Maybe it would works...

yeah i tryed that ... doesn't work for me.
  • NealM63NealM63 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Still no fix. I am not playing until it is fixed. I am not buying any future DLC. I have changed my mind about pre-ordering Three Kingdoms and will not pay full price for it when I do buy it (wait for sale).

CA has treated its customers horribly with this issue and will not even communicate on it. I am convinced they could fix it in an hour if they looked at the files submitted on the crash.
  • hannan73hannan73 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Have this problem turn 193 as dread fleet defeating sartosa faction ca pls fix this problem.
  • TeerTeer Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey, I need some help with a mod I'm trying to make which purpose would be to delete all four of the Vampire Coast factions from the game.

I tried to learn modding so I could delete all the Vampire Coast factions. The ME turn-time destroyer mod linked earlier in this thread worked pretty well, but I don't think it was designed to do what we're trying to make it do so it still left The Drowned alive and deleted some minor factions from the game.

I have never modded before, but I couldn't find any other mods which would lets us delete factions. After a lot of trial and error using the Assembly kit I almost managed to make all the Vampire Coast factions disappear, but I have run into a problem that I can't figure out. Any three Vampire Coast factions I can delete easily, but when I try to delete the final one, the game crashes on the loading screen. The certain factions don't matter here, as it always crashes when all four are deleted, but works fine when any one of the Vampire Coast factions are left alive.

I don't have the Vampire Coast DLC so I haven't been able to test if you could play as the final fourth faction yourself without crashing the game.

Any advice or help on how the fourth faction could be deleted would be appreciated, since I really want to get all four of them gone.
  • DWILLYDWILLY Registered Users Posts: 2
    Our best avenue to get CA's attention would be to mass upvote a negative review stating this issue and situation on steam, and have it become one of the top reviews. From what I have seen these companies only respond to the idea of losing money, so if we were to make one of the top reviews on steam warning people of this issue CA will be a lot more likely to respond. Worth a shot at least.
  • kendom02kendom02 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 18
    I agree we should do that it’s definitely worth a shot
    edited December 2018
    allready ahead of you. let CA know we are upset.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • RalendilRalendil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 244
    DWILLY said:

Our best avenue to get CA's attention would be to mass upvote a negative review stating this issue and situation on steam, and have it become one of the top reviews. From what I have seen these companies only respond to the idea of losing money, so if we were to make one of the top reviews on steam warning people of this issue CA will be a lot more likely to respond. Worth a shot at least.

Will do
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand
  • Pariah_Pariah_ Registered Users Posts: 3
    Here is mine too:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/231130/game-crashes-during-end-turn-300-when-ai-exiles-attempt-to-destroy-vampire-coast#latest

Frankly, this makes it so I don't want to play the game. Why risk spending more hours on a campaign for this bug to ruin it?
  • SmokedTwoSmokedTwo Registered Users Posts: 2
    This crash only occurs when the LAST remaining non player controlled vampire coast faction (Vampire Coast, Dreadfleet, Sartosa or the Drowned gets defeated from what I've read and experienced. Since my Vampire Coast campaign is stuck indefinitely judging by CA's lack of response, I started a new campaign with the Dreadfleet. I have eliminated Vampire Coast and the Drowned and I'm going after the Pirates of Sartosa. I will update this post once I crash, I'm fully expecting to.
  • hannan73hannan73 Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited December 2018
    Any updates on this? the game is unplayable ca and needs to be fixed!!!
    I don’t know what CA is doing but what suprises me is not one of the youtubers who play the game has raised this issues in there videos I really stick by what I said I think this bug is a lot like norsca and I think maybe by May next year we should have a fix
    I suggest we all comment on lionheartx10 YouTube videos his actually replying to my comments he has over 300k subs if we can get him to do a video or raise the issues I think this will get addressed a lot quicker
  • BahaarBahaar Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited December 2018
    SmokedTwo said:

This crash only occurs when the LAST remaining non player controlled vampire coast faction (Vampire Coast, Dreadfleet, Sartosa or the Drowned gets defeated from what I've read and experienced. Since my Vampire Coast campaign is stuck indefinitely judging by CA's lack of response, I started a new campaign with the Dreadfleet. I have eliminated Vampire Coast and the Drowned and I'm going after the Pirates of Sartosa. I will update this post once I crash, I'm fully expecting to.

Afraid not.
    In my Court of Lybaras playthrough it's the second one to be killed of the VC factions, so two more would still be alive after that. It indeed seems to be more an issue of how long they stick around (in this playthrough on the Vortex Campaign I encountered the bug at turn 197 and I know for a fact that they have at least two Pirate Coves in my cities, as I got notified about it - but I cannot prove that I could've defeated them without crash before that, since I wasn't strong enough then and I don't have a save from before they built the coves ...).

I also started a new ME campaign as Khemri to test the mod removing the factions at the beginning of the game. It didn't eliminate The Drowned, but I decided to still give it a shot. At around turn 110 or maybe 120 the Vampire Coast sprung up from an uprising, I guess (I don't see that region yet). At around turn 140 they were gone again. So fairly quick. Now it's just The Drowned again and still running. Will see what happens once they get killed ...
  • PestoPastaPestoPasta Registered Users Posts: 2
    This bug will probably be fixed in the next patch which is scheduled for the end of the year.

Here the comment from Grace_CA on reddit and the link to it.

"We hope to have these fixed in the next update - I can't give an exact date on that yet but hopefully before the end of the year."

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/a19bp8/ca_needs_to_fix_the_vampire_coast_crashing_we/eapf9jz/?context=3
  • NealM63NealM63 Registered Users Posts: 20
    I also broke out a negative review. CA has been horrible about this issue.
    Grace_CACreative Assembly • 5d
    It's more that I can't give a solid date yet so I give the longest amount of time that it could conceivably be. It's better for me to overestimate and possibly that is the length of time than to underestimate and have to consistently push things back to you guys.

I know it's not ideal, but I would rather be vague now than risk having to change a date for something like this to a later date. When I can confirm a date publicly, of course I will do so immediately.

(Thanks for the link finally a update from CA)
  • FiveEyesFiveEyes Registered Users Posts: 1
    It is now 5 December 2018, nearly three weeks later. The reported game crash bug has been well documented.

I believed that the issue had been resolved given the passing of three weeks, however I have experienced a game crash as described above.

The main reasons I play Warhammer is because of ElichTV. His Twitch channel has over 25,000 followers and just over 2 million views.

Please take a look at what happened to him on Turn 100 - Empire Campaign - Legendary - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344892400?t=14m47s

My campaign - Empire Campaign - Very Hard - is on turn 87 and crashes also.

I cannot be 100% certain that the crash has been caused by the above mentioned, therefore the saved game can be downloaded from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W-CKBxZ_arjIic1ZPJh0ePVDSkZ-Cc4l/view?usp=sharing

I am very disappointed.

Either fix the bugs or this shall be the last time I purchase anything made by this production house. It may be worthwhile issuing an apology as well.
  • AlvianAlvian Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    it has happened to me, both in the vortex when I was going to destroy Sartosa, and in mortal empires when another faction destroyed them, the game always crashes. You can not continue any campaign, it's frustrating.

you have paid a game and then a dlc, you should not be forced to use any mod to play. It is shameful.

They threw it into the market without testing it or directly they do not care what they sell? because it is not a small error, it's makes the game in the campaign completely unplayable.

have several weeks passed and no solution, who is responsible for quality control? I feel cheated.

if they ever fix it at alll, i hope they never make another DLC again… Programming is clearly not their Thing...

Maybe the should design potery instead.
  • bulldog1986bulldog1986 Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited December 2018
    @ creative assembly

This is getting embarrassing, I understand your development team is working on other items, but you shouldn't, especially with DLCs recently released, neglect your other products. This should have been hotfixed within the first 72 hours as a game breaking, critical priority bug. As someone who is in the business of software support (bigger than your company as well....) and works closely with development and programming, I'm appalled by your response here.

You let this go on any longer and people are going to start reporting your asses to the better business bureau for lack of product delivery and faulty products. Get with it guys!
  • DeciDeci Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 235
    Something happens with Vampire Coast during their turn in my current game (turn 130~, Nagarythe vortex campaign), problaby defeated in some way I dont know because I dont see them and therefore dont know the details. But the game crashes to desktop, every time.

Havent played much WH2 lately but I am shocked to see that this has been going on for tons of people since release of the dlc!
    edited December 2018
    Still no fix from CA this is legit a joke why bring out DLC and not test the thing.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    Does some bodey know a way to directly contact CA ? Maybe right them a letter ? ^^
    edited December 2018
    no there isn't, you gave them your Money, that's all of interest
  • BabyInDaBlenderBabyInDaBlender Registered Users Posts: 1
    Crashing to desktop regardless if it’s after a battle, or during one, or just scrolling on the campaign map. Rarely ever had an issue (three hundred hours played) until this DLC. Really hoping this gets resolved, as it is it’s unplayable
  • jodebolasjodebolas Registered Users Posts: 2
    Is this fixed? Can I go back to play?? I want to finish my campaign with clan mors, Can't destroy sartosa because of this.
  • AizuAizu Registered Users Posts: 27
    Lmao it been almost a month

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file